Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Translation in co op

Translation in co op

Hi there, I leaved my co op because of that mostly there is 3 active members in the regatta, beside they accepted lower players levels that not active in co op, I understood english even if I have grammer mistakes but I was invited to a new co op by a friend in game that the most speak Italy, only 2 speak English which is allowed, but I wish if there was a tool in game so if I want to see the messages translate directly to english, I mean in setting of my own, if the leader send a message in Italian I can see it in english, I liked that the most of members race in regatta and also they don't accept lower than 50 of level.
    So do yalls agree with this? Or you think it's unnecessary wish??
    Last edited by Harmman420; 06-15-2020 at 06:16 AM.

it's a good idea, i think it is enough to add a google translation extension and let all the messages been translated in the language you set in the settings

This has been discussed before, my wish would be that players search fir relevant threads first, as the rules say you should.
    But addressing the wish, google translate and other translators are available for every device.
    There is no need to bog down a game with them. The game has run all these years very successfully without having them incorporated.

A good addition and big help would be, if we could copy & paste into/from the game <=> external translator. It's indeed an unreasonable demand by the game (IMO) that someone has to retype everything - often it is not even possible (with a language with foreign signs/symbols/letters).
    I tried a prog that claims it can translate from pics/screenshots, but it didn't work well.

We had this Copy/Paste-ability for a short while in Android, like testwise; unfortunately it vanished again.
    IOS had had it before already, IIRC, not sure whether it stayed - ?
    Don't know about Windows and Mac.

Anyway, that would solve a lot of problems, and probably also remove (for lack of better word; dissolve?) the desperate wish that it "must" be ingame.
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-09-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Johnalex Zarco
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    A good addition and big help would be, if we could copy & paste into/from the game <=> external translator. It's indeed an unreasonable demand by the game (IMO) that someone has to retype everything - often it is not even possible (with a language with foreign signs/symbols/letters).
    I tried a prog that claims it can translate from pics/screenshots, but it didn't work well.

We had this Copy/Paste-ability for a short while in Android, like testwise; unfortunately it vanished again.
    IOS had had it before already, IIRC, not sure whether it stayed - ?
    Don't know about Windows and Mac.

Anyway, that would solve a lot of problems, and probably also remove (for lack of better word; dissolve?) the desperate wish that it "must" be ingame.
    I don't think that would be too difficult to do either, coding wise. They wouldn't have to pay Google for use of the translator either.

Johnalex Zarco
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmman420 View Post
    Hi there, I leaved my co op because of that mostly there is 3
    active members in regatta, beside they accepted lower players levels which also don't show in co op, I understood english even if I have grammer mistakes but I was invited to a new co op by a friend in game that the most speak Italy, only 2 speak English which is allowed, but I wish if there was a tool in game so if I want to see the messages translate directly to english, I mean in setting of my own, if the leader send a message in Italian I can see it in english, I liked that the most of members race in regatta and also they don't accept lower than 50 of level.
    So do yalls agree with this? Or you think it's unnecessary wish??
    I think this is a good idea, or have what _DD_ suggested, the ability to copy and paste. My co-op used to be multilingual, we had Malay speakers in it. We technically still are since we have 1 Burmese member and 1 Indian member, and possibly some European members who don't speak English but all but 1 or 2 of our members don't speak English at all that I know of. I am sure they would appreciate being able to be understood. I am glad they don't leave the co-op because they are part of why the coop still exists

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    I don't think that would be too difficult to do either, coding wise. They wouldn't have to pay Google for use of the translator either.
    I'd assume so, too, but as we didn't get any information why they turned it off again, we have no clue what the reason was.

Harmman, this is probably my biggest wish for this game - I've no idea whether it's technically possible - but as _DD_ said, I'd settle for a copy and paste function. I've met so many people from different countries and it would be wonderful to be able to communicate better with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    I agree it wouldn’t. Not sure about paying Google though.

DD...I seem to remember in the days when the admins were more interactive, there was a reason given why they removed the copy and paste thing,
    But my old memory can’t remember that reason.
    A problem with it might be the what’s said in the coop has to stay in the coop. Although we are told not to share info players still do.
    Shouldn’t be a problem, but it could be, there are some vindictive people out there, and those that would find it fun to disrupt a persons life.
    Many people over the years of internet have fallen foul of those types, we tend to make “friends” of players in our coops, but do we really know them?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    ...DD...I seem to remember in the days when the admins were more interactive, there was a reason given why they removed the copy and paste thing,
    But my old memory can’t remember that reason.
    No worries, I can't even remember that a reason was given at all. (As I was here, when the feature was added to Android, I should have seen it.)

A problem with it might be the what’s said in the coop has to stay in the coop.
    It's def. a possibility that ppl would expect that and complain to Playrix about it, if some "funny ppl" behave like you described.
    But I don't see it as a rule OR a promise somewhere. IMO, we are not guaranteed any privacy in that context. And no law (should there be one in one country) would be valid for the whole world.
    It could still be, of course, that Playrix simply tries to avoid any such complaints, hassle, discussion by leaving us w/o the feature.
    (and I'm still only talking here about copy/paste; I do think that implementing a translation feature INto the game would be a LOT of work, and is unnecessary (for lack of better word/not judging the wish!), as they exist outside.)
    Easy way out for them.