Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Township cant connect server error

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa31 View Post
    Check your Inbox please, I pmed you everything
    Thank you for being the first helpful and understanding person in this thread!

Loading town into new device isn't working

I want to load my town onto an Android tablet, from my Android phone. When I finish the tutorial on the tablet, I choose my Google Play account, but then it comes back with an Ernie dialog saying "Unfortunately, we can't connect to the server. If you want to keep playing the game using the same town, please try again later." Options are OK and Try Again. If I tap Try Again, the same dialog keeps coming back. If I choose OK, it lets me keep playing on the brand new town. Im definitely connected to the internet. What can I do here?

The problem with older Android devices is that neither Google not the device manufacturer update the list of trusted root certificates anymore. But a secure connection can only be established if the root certificate of a certificate provider is known to Android.

Playrix uses Comodo CA as their certificate provider. Their root certificate can be found here: https://support.comodo.com/index.php...erver-ca-sha-2

Download it. You should get asked to import the certificate. Do it. Reload the game. It should connect without problems.

Worked smoothly for me.

I am having the connection issue today as well. I will be patient but I’m concerned my regatta task will time out

Mine still stuck on ladong screen. Since Friday! This is ridiculous now. Any one heard anymore from customer support today? The only reply I had someone has already posted to say they were working on it😣

Quote Originally Posted by Townshipfaye View Post
    Mine still stuck on ladong screen. Since Friday! This is ridiculous now. Any one heard anymore from customer support today? The only reply I had someone has already posted to say they were working on it������
    At the risk of being "unhelpful" or display some "lack of understanding", I will offer this. A nice lady named Lisa has been given a "Beta" version of Township with the list of what is to be tested as "game stability". That all the information given to her. The beta if for iOS so it's not clear what impact any fixes contained therein may have on Android users. However, it is a hopeful sign that Playrix has issued an "off schedule" beta with some changes to "game stability". When that will be released is unclear.

And, as I said in a previous attempt to be helpful....

Also, it has been pointed out that there are at least 2 separate problems, both manifest as "unable to connect to the server". How to tell which is which is also problematic. My best guess is that if you have an "older device", you're probably running into the "Certificate Problem" which has no official solution at the moment. There is no guarantee that there are only 2 problems, there may very well be a 3rd as people are reporting several different popup messages.
    So whatever is being tested may or may not be your specific problem. So, if you can get far enough into the game to use the in-game problem reporting mechanism I suggest you do so and detail the exact symptoms you are seeing. Don't forget to tell the first robo-response you get that it wasn't helpful and then restate the problem.
    Last edited by cdosr; 06-03-2020 at 05:29 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Bountyful View Post
    The problem with older Android devices is that neither Google not the device manufacturer update the list of trusted root certificates anymore. But a secure connection can only be established if the root certificate of a certificate provider is known to Android.

Playrix uses Comodo CA as their certificate provider. Their root certificate can be found here: https://support.comodo.com/index.php...erver-ca-sha-2

Download it. You should get asked to import the certificate. Do it. Reload the game. It should connect without problems.

Worked smoothly for me.
    Just registered to thank you so much for your post and your efforts. That really worked for me.

Thank you for being the 2nd helpful person on this thread Bountyful.
    If anyone wants additional technical help [-], feel free to PM me
    I'll walk you through step-by-step.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 06-03-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bountyful View Post

Worked smoothly for me.
    I've tried that. my tablet says "queued" for a few minutes then changes to "unsuccessful" I've even tried connecting it to the computer and transferring the file directly but then I can't get it to show up where it's supposed to. I'm never going to be able to tell my Co-op why their leader has gone quiet. Woe is me.

The method I described will probably not work for devices with Android versions <5 and >6. At least this is what I have heard. Version <5 would require a rooted device. And the way how Android deals with root certificates changed with Android Nougat (7).