Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Township cant connect server error

I have as well had the same problem since Saturday.
    Today I went into my andriod settings and had to manually update it, for some reason auto-updating didnt work.
    With having updated my andriod I could once again connect to the game.

Getting madder 😤

Quote Originally Posted by cmaitland View Post
    They do not monitor this forum. After 36 hours of not being able to connect to server now Township won’t even load. What is happening for everyone else right now?
    Same for me now! Was able to enter and and make and collect until just. Now just loading screen..I will lose every hour I can't collect market man and also the event is on which I have collected 300 points to play with as I didn't want to start it ey in case it didn't save. I emailed township only to be told that they don't reply via e-mail anymore and that we have to use help and support in game. Which obviously we can't. This is so frustrating. I play a lot on a high level with loads of coins and cash. We shouldbe rewarded for the loses will have for not being able to do tasks trains planes and events etc... hope they sort this now. This is day three for me 😣

Impossible de me reconnecter à ma ville, je n'ai plus rien sur ma tablette. J'étais niveau 96. Que de temps et d'argent perdu je suis folle de rage. Impossible de se connecter au serveur quelque que soit le jeu de ce site.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    People on Facebook are reporting that they've been able to temporarily get back into their towns by changing the date on their devices to one before the problem started (so, for example, 25/5 or 26/5). But, please note, no-one has any idea if, or how, this might affect their games when Playrix finally come up with a solution.
    For the longest time I was scratching my head trying to figure out *why* does changing the date backwards actually restore access to the server. My best guess is that they had some target date for the implementation of a feature and had the latest update contain a "date check" so that it did *not* try to use that feature until the target date was reached. Maybe the target date had to do with the deployment of software on their servers to support the new feature.

So, once the target date passed, the game tried to access that specific feature on the server and, to be kind, it failed spectacularly and hence the "cannot connect to server" messages. Turning the date backwards might cause the game to not try to access that feature and thus, no communication failures.

That's the only thing I can think of as to why the player's local date/time setting would affect how the game operates (or more correctly, succeeds or fails).

The scary part of changing the date is the effect it might have on every other application / aspect of a person's device. Will it affect the phone operation? Will changing the date forward, backward, forward, etc cause some "anti-cheat" software to decide you're "gaming the system"? Are people going to be forced to change the date every few days so that it's always pre-May 26th? Can you say "Groundhog Day"?

And what about poor Kindle Fire (> 3rd gen) user who are not permitted to change the date on the device, their only control is selection of their local time zone, everything else is controlled by access to Amazon.

And why hasn't this affected *everyone*, that is, why don't I have this problem on my Android Tablet while others on the same device do? What is the feature that is causing this that I don't use or need? That's mainly for my own curiosity.

And, lastly, the silence from Playrix is *deafening*. No official statement here, their "official" FB page, their sponsored / authorized "Family" FB page, nothing. There are a lot of angry, annoyed, and confused people out there looking for advice / guidance. It's a shame that they're not getting it.

Well, they are getting something from a bunch of uninformed people, who recommend changing the date saying "It worked for me" or "uninstall / re-install" which is exactly the opposite advice that the game's popup message says ("do not reinstall your game as you may lose progress"). There are people out there who did exactly that and find themselves starting at level 1 again. What do they do now?

Sorry this turned into a rant but I find that after 3 or 4 days of reading posts both here and on various FB pages that there's no official recommendation or advice or even just calming words coming out.
    Last edited by cdosr; 06-01-2020 at 04:22 PM. Reason: typo

Well, it seems that an hour ago one of the Moderators of the "Family" FB page posted this:

❗❗ Attention TS Family ❗❗

The devs are aware of the problem some players have with connecting to the server and are working on it.

Those unable to get into the game, this seems to be a different/separate problem. If reinstalling doesn't help, you should contact support here:
    👉🏻https://playrix.helpshift.com/webchat/a/township/

A green chat icon will appear in the bottom right corner.
    Not much information other than "hold on, we're working on it". They acknowledge two separate problems and a link for one of them to the standard help site. Better than nothing I suppose.

Have the same problem since Saturday 5/30/2020. Any update or solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    For the longest time I was scratching my head trying to figure out *why* does changing the date backwards actually restore access to the server. My best guess is that they had some target date for the implementation of a feature and had the latest update contain a "date check" so that it did *not* try to use that feature until the target date was reached. Maybe the target date had to do with the deployment of software on their servers to support the new feature.
    So, since May 30th started the Italian Week Event I was wondering if anyone who set their dates backwards are then able to access the Italian Event? Just curious.

Personally I haven't even started the event yet so I do not have any points accumulated nor completed the first personal goal meaning I am not "grouped' into a competition pool. Naturally a competition group would require connecting to a server to keep track of everyone's score. Just wondering......

Does someone in charge read this stuff? or are we talking between us
    İt takes over 7 days and no solution.
    we missed a game last week because of this problem.

I have the same problem.township can't connect to the server. I can't play with other members or help them.
    I have uninstalled the game and install it again but the game starts from level 1
    My city it's VillaLey level 48
    My other games don't have problems
    I only want to play with my city again.
    Thank you!

Unfortunately I didn’t get a msg saying don’t reinstall and have a terrible feeling I’ll never get my town back. Can’t even access “support “. When I try connecting to Facebook my old town doesn’t come back. No information from playrix and have lost my 800+ day record and my regatta rewards just for starters. That means little if my town is lost. If it is, I don’t think I have the heart to start again. All my tcash lost too.