Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Township cant connect server error

Quote Originally Posted by Bountyful View Post
    The method I described will probably not work for devices with Android versions <5 and >6. At least this is what I have heard. Version <5 would require a rooted device. And the way how Android deals with root certificates changed with Android Nougat (7).
    Please keep in mind that having a rooted device might cause your town to get permanently banned (as well as other games/applications might be affected by this!).
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Bumfluff. Mine is version 4.4.4. I'd just bought a gold pass and now I'll never be able to talk to my friends again

Thanks for letting me know. I guess I'm just out of the game.

NaveenRS:

Township Costumer Support
    township@playrix.com
    After the automatically message I replied to them, and then someone answer me.

Hey, the game kept asking me to "rate the game". Can I do so now that I know the developers like to change things and the only way to fix the things they break is for users to manually download separate files (if they can) just to log in? Yep. That's some brilliant customer service right there!

Grateful Thanks to Dreadnought for continuing to moderate a closing forum and to cdosr and Bountyful for providing useful information.

At the risk of looking a gift horse in the mouth, is the link to a working certificate provided by Bountyful a safe thing to attempt for a "technonumpty'. My hubby would not appreciate my messing up his old tablet, despite having used my borrowing it as an excuse to get a new one. He has stuff on it he doesn't want to lose.

Or would I be better waiting for Playrix to fix their certification issues. I would really like my baby back before next IS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bountyful View Post
    The problem with older Android devices is that neither Google not the device manufacturer update the list of trusted root certificates anymore. But a secure connection can only be established if the root certificate of a certificate provider is known to Android.

Playrix uses Comodo CA as their certificate provider. Their root certificate can be found here: https://support.comodo.com/index.php...erver-ca-sha-2

Download it. You should get asked to import the certificate. Do it. Reload the game. It should connect without problems.

Worked smoothly for me.
    Thank you so much. It worked perfectly,the connection error message disappeared, and i could load my town from facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Grateful Thanks to Dreadnought for continuing to moderate a closing forum and to cdosr and Bountyful for providing useful information.

At the risk of looking a gift horse in the mouth, is the link to a working certificate provided by Bountyful a safe thing to attempt for a "technonumpty'. My hubby would not appreciate my messing up his old tablet, despite having used my borrowing it as an excuse to get a new one. He has stuff on it he doesn't want to lose.

Or would I be better waiting for Playrix to fix their certification issues. I would really like my baby back before next IS.
    I tried it and it worked for me, i got my town back and so far my android 4 tablet works fine

Thanks, Ugrifalva. Let to write them a note right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugrifalva View Post
    NaveenRS:

Township Costumer Support
    township@playrix.com
    After the automatically message I replied to them, and then someone answer me.

Worked for me too... have android 2.2 version. I just wonder how safe this certificate is... can someone who knows this stuff do me a favor and check?

Happy days As mentioned I had updated my Android to version 7, I decided to try installing Township again, biting my nails I loaded the game - went in straight away and best news of all, my town was there waiting for me, just as I left it.
    Thank you all for your help and support - I hope the problem is fixed for others now
    Last edited by Bunspatch; 06-04-2020 at 12:40 AM.