Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Township cant connect server error

Quote Originally Posted by Alamut View Post
    Worked for me too... have android 2.2 version. I just wonder how safe this certificate is... can someone who knows this stuff do me a favor and check?
    Here is an article that explains the technical bit of it all https://support.sectigo.com/articles...Cu8HTFL5qQr00I If you read towards the end, you will see that the roots are present in many devices. The list there gives you the names of all operating systems where they were added. So it is safe

Thank you! Worked smoothly for me too

Unfortunately it will not pass loading screen at all now so I can't use in game messaging.
    So guessing we will have to be patient but as I've said before so many things are being lost. I paid for Raja just before this happened and had the full time offered (72 cash) and he will be finished now without me hardly using him. Amongst other things. I nearly always win the event and that will be finished aswell. So annoying. I do play a lot and if It was a game I hadn't invested money and half my life in ๐Ÿ˜‰ I wouldn't be so bothered. But I enjoy it and want it back๐Ÿ˜ฃ

Ok so trying the certificate. But my kindle is asking for password for certificate credentials before i do anything? What's this? Anyone know?

Bountiful.. your an angel! I downloaded certificate and it worked. Thankyou so so much. Maybe you should get a job at playrix ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

A few answers to questions raised:

On some devices you might need to secure the root certificate with a password. You can choose your own.

The root certificate is perfectly safe if downloaded from the legitimate website of the root certification provider. The link I have provided points to a legitimate website. The only disadvantage: If a root certificate gets pulled by the certification provider for whatever reason you will have to manually disable it on your device. Sometimes certificates will be invalidated because of some data breach or a variety of other reasons.

Usually Google or your device manufacturer will update root certificates periodically. Older device have no support anymore and won't get any updates. Therefore you have to update the root certificates yourself. Nothing will break or otherwise stop working. You can easily delete the imported certificates later if you like.

The cause of all of these issues is the fact that root certification updates are no longer being provided by Google or the manufacturer once your device is two or three years old. It's a shame. Google and the manufacturers are to blame for.

I don't like Apple but their update policy is much better.

Townshipfaye:
    Thanks! I'm a system administrator but do not work for Playrix. To be honest, I would have expected Playrix to give us this workaround until they might find a different solution.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 06-04-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bountyful View Post

Playrix uses Comodo CA as their certificate provider. Their root certificate can be found here: https://support.comodo.com/index.php...erver-ca-sha-2

Download it. You should get asked to import the certificate. Do it. Reload the game. It should connect without problems.

Worked smoothly for me.
    I canโ€™t download it, says certificate file couldnโ€™t be read

@Catsalive:
    You couldn't download it or you couldn't import it?

I have attached the certificate to this message. Download it and rename the file extension to .crt.

Than simply tap it and you should see the certificate import dialog. Tap OK and the certificate should be imported.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Bountyful View Post
    Townshipfaye:
    Thanks! I'm a system administrator but do not work for Playrix. To be honest, I would have expected Playrix to give us this workaround until they might find a different solution.
    Could you please check your Inbox? I have a question about the certificate solution. Thanks in advance!