View Poll Results: Are you experiencing a similar issue?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 66.67%
  • No

1 33.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bubble Gum Event issue: ticket balance

After observing and testing this app's gameplay for five and a half years there is far and away more manipulation than randomness. There is also a suspected "dial of tenor" between softness and hardness. The dial is set to softer in September (this app's anniversary month), December (the High Holiday season), and Springtime (Easter time). To test randomness: 1) look around for a certificate of random chance (there is none as other apps/games of chance have and proudly show this document); 2), even out your barn, expansion or building materials (preferred) and sell five or more of one and observe the frequency/time of replenishment/rebalancing; 3), repeat 2 using a different material for the "weak link." Some events even give away this app's carnival alley ("carnie") mentality with games of setting records and "skill" complete with jerky interruptions of smooth, consistent game action to cause failure and spur spending. My first co-op and I summed all this up by inventing "Al the algorithm" and having the motto "one for all and all against Al." BTW, I am an international website and mobile app judge whose personal library of apps is 4,300+ and includes hundreds of tested/reviewed game apps.
    Last edited by Míc Miller; 05-20-2020 at 02:01 PM.

Update a couple of days after my OP.

I now have 59 Red, 54 Green and 0 Blue.

I don’t see how tcash balance has anything to do with it.
    It’s been this way since the game started, always short of one item, but as Charlie said it evens out in the end.
    The charts that Charlie has provided are just to show how it plays out. Really no need to make it more complicated.

My personal statistics for train deliveries since September 2016 also show almost equal distribution for barn expansion tools and building material:

2240 hammers 3.4%
    2224 nails 3.4%
    2196 red paint 3.3%

13448 bricks 20.3 %
    13094 glass 19.8%
    13996 slabs 20.2%

5317 axes 8,0%
    2373 saws 3.6%
    7787 shovels 11.8%

4175 mining tools 6.3%

66153 total

16359 trains

Currently in my barn:
    95 green festival tickets
    87 red festival tickets
    84 blue festival tickets

This does not look like a totally uneven distribution.

To facilitate getting bricks for the ProfVE task, I sold all my slabs and glass. Was getting two and three bricks on trains. Task was history in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by Míc Miller View Post
    To facilitate getting bricks for the ProfVE task, I sold all my slabs and glass. Was getting two and three bricks on trains. Task was history in short order.
    That looks like witchcraft to me.
    Those bricks might have been delivered without selling your excess glass and slabs.
    Just be patient and wait for the bricks to come. A week should be enough to collect 30 bricks.
    Looks like Playrix is making money with the impatience of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Adventurer View Post
    Witchcraft in computing is called algorithm.

My personal statistics for train deliveries since September 2016 also show almost equal distribution for barn expansion tools and building material:
    At last!!! Somebody as obsessed with tracking this stuff as I am Glad to make your acquaintance

Those bricks might have been delivered without selling your excess glass and slabs.
    Just be patient and wait for the bricks to come. A week should be enough to collect 30 bricks.
    Looks like Playrix is making money with the impatience of players.
    Sometimes I am amazed by the rationalization people come up with to explain things. Almost like ancient Voodoo.

I was reading something on the official FB page where someone actually advised another player that the game's "algorithm" gives you more of what you have excess of. If that were the case you'd never get anything else yet people believe that in order to get {glass | slabs | bricks| you have to sell them to appease the train spirits.