Thread: Inactive players during regatta

Inactive players during regatta

I am a co-leader for this one co-op. I noticed that a couple of players aren't racing during a regatta. Would it make any different to our co-op regatta score if I make these non-playing players inactive in the regatta?

Hi Scorpi, Welcome to the forum,
    No it won’t make a difference in that you can still stay the same league by your total scores.
    The regatta will put you into groups with the same number of players.
    Because you have less players, the total score you can achieve will be will be less, and you may not be able to get all chests.

ETA.. by leaving those inactive players in the regatta they will count as in the number of players you have and therefore be included
    in the max score you can get. Because the other teams you are grouped with will have those extra players scores in their totals.
    Last edited by Cuddz; 04-30-2020 at 03:52 AM.

I was hoping that the regatta scoring would be based off of how many players you had racing at the end of the regatta but it looks like that is not the case. It seems like the only time that matters to opt out of a regatta is before it starts then.

Yes. The cut off is an hour before the new race starts, according to something I read here. Personally, I wouldn't leave it quite that late.

Coop members who don't want to race should always be set to not racing. They can do this themselves or coop leader or co leader can do it by Restricting them from racing.

Mayfield, as a co-op leader, I have been trying to decide whether to restrict the 13 out of 27 members who have not raced or helped others for at least 2 months but are still set to 'racing. 11 of those people have not even played the game in more than 2 months, which is why I started keep a spreadsheet. We are not a competitive bunch, we just do it for the fun and goodies, but have managed to win gold league once and come in first 3 times, 2 of them without those 13 players. I dont understand whether keeping them as 'racing' is hurting us or not and how. I guess Im looking for a reason to give the active co-op members IF I find it's necessary to restrict the non-racers or kick the non-players and they question me.

Hi dnana
    Having players that are marked as racing but not taking part will stop you from maximising your score and risking demotion to a lower league.
    The regatta groups you are placed to race against will have the same number of players.
    Let’s say each player scores 1 point for the whole regatta, (just to make it easy for me lol)
    Now if you have 10 players marked as racing you will be placed with other groups of 10 players.
    So! If only 5 of your group race you can only score 5. If all the other groups race to full capacity they can score 10.
    In this way you would be demoted.
    The fact you have managed to win I would say is extremely lucky.

I would definitely restrict the none racing players, so you can at least aim to stayin gold league and maximise the rewards.
    If they don’t even play the game or take part in your chat, I woukd kick them to make room for active players.

I’m sure when you explain your coop members will understand, or if possible ask in chat what everyone thinks
    Good Luck

In visiting other co-ops over the last few months, I have noticed that there seem to be certain co-op sizes that don't end up having a lot of competition (in Windows anyway). i.e. a co-op with 27 players may be the only co-op in the race! pretty easy to get first place, even if only half the players are actually doing tasks.

If you change the number of "racing" players, you may end up in a more competitive group next time. Make sure you check to see how many co-ops you're racing against before deciding to restrict or kick some of your players before the next regatta.

Another thing to consider is that the number of players, racing or not, in your co-op determines how many tasks you'll have to do to get the co-op goals in the following interseasonal regatta. If that is important, smaller is better.

Doug
    Windows

Thank you both for the info! I will poll the co-op and see what they say. We only have 3 of us, including myself, who get all 15 tasks done consistently, so I know those weeks we got firsts, and our winning week, were sheer dumb luck. Maybe theres my answer...if the rest wanted us to do better, they would do better!