Thread: Too Many Buttons

Too Many Buttons

Hi all ! Is it just me or is there way too many buttons on the screen taking up room ? I cant scroll my screen without hitting one and something popping up. Maybe the devs could do something to free up some screen space.

Yes, yes, yes. There are way too many buttons cluttering up our screens now because people kept asking for them because they find it so much work to scroll a couple inches across the screen manually.

They really need to give us the option of toggling most of them off. Right now, the airport is the only one we can get rid of.

I think we could get rid of the airplane, trains and heli buttons.
    We can see them all easily, if we can scroll over to them.

Yes, an option! That's what they should should do every time they do changes like this... why make these unchangable every time is beyond me... Like they could really add a 2 row option for market to phones, but only an option to switch between one or 2 rows so if someone finds everything too small with 2 rows on mobile, they can stick with the 1 row.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Yes, yes, yes. There are way too many buttons cluttering up our screens now because people kept asking for them because they find it so much work to scroll a couple inches across the screen manually.

They really need to give us the option of toggling most of them off. Right now, the airport is the only one we can get rid of.
    So with you on people complaining they have to exert so much effort and energy to move across a screen. Seriously, it is ridiculous. First world problem right there.

Bad move by Playrix to placate this segment of the playing population. Our screen is so crammed with crap along every edge, as a result, and it looks like a garbage heap. Messy and stuff laying everywhere. For people who have such trouble moving across the screen, why don’t they give icons for every factory so you don’t have to move at all, and your screen can be covered in icons??!! I know, that’s idiotic... Just like it’s idiotic to have the number of icons we do now. People have no issues moving all around to access factories, house of luck, and to decorate their towns, but making it to the heli, the regatta, plane, into and around the zoo, and trains, is like climbing Mt. Everest? Love the hypocrisy.

A toggle would be fantastic, but we should add this to the list of things that won’t happen and just make it easier on ourselves.

Who's asked for the extra buttons? I've never read thread here asking for that unless it's on their Facebook page. Since when has playrix ever listened to us anyway lol

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieRoo View Post
    Who's asked for the extra buttons? I've never read thread here asking for that unless it's on their Facebook page. Since when has playrix ever listened to us anyway lol
    I’m sure if you have time to look you will come across past requests for extra buttons.
    Playrix did used to listen to us and their staff would be here regularly.
    I have often thought that all the conflicting Ideas and complaints might have contributed to them withdrawing.
    That said, they have implemented some of the wishes from the wishlist, so who knows..

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    That said, they have implemented some of the wishes from the wishlist, so who knows..
    Or, in the case of the extra buttons, they implemented some wishes from the "never gonna happen" list. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieRoo View Post
    Who's asked for the extra buttons? I've never read thread here asking for that unless it's on their Facebook page. ...
    well, ppl didn't ask "pls clutter my screen", but the request for an icon for the port or the zoo (woah, needs scrolling all over your screen!) was here quite often - and we used to hint at the No-No-list with its (no) "Special icon for Port/Zoo/Mine/etc in the main interface", AND the posts of phone users who said all the time the screen is too full already on that tiny device anyway.

Then I recall some beta reports (also here *g*) saying that they tested a choice for the user of more (incl. these, new) icons via the Additional settings, but it seems only the On/Off-setting for the plane icon made it into the update - at that time. We didn't hear anything about the reasons, why not the full feature, or whether it's still considered.
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-16-2020 at 08:41 AM.

I think the plane button and it's on off option was already there before they added the other buttons.

I can see how it seemed odd to have only that one button, but not buttons for the other things, hence the requests. The devs should have stuck to their original thought that adding more has a down side, or at least added the on off options for each one. Personally, I'd be happier even if they just expanded the plane on-off to cover the whole group of these movement saving buttons.

When I open my game, I can see my trains, so I don't need a button to show me there are trains in. There are always copter orders, so I don't need a button to alert me there are copter orders.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 05-16-2020 at 03:32 PM.