Thread: Relays Start At 135 Points

Relays Start At 135 Points

I think relays should start at 135 points instead of 130 points.

I've always wondered why they thought that was necessary. It makes the relays pretty pointless with 3 or fewer racers, an auto-dump for coops with 1 or 2 racers.

Maybe they thought if they started at 135 and went up 5 points for each racer, it would make the relays too valuable. Of course, they could have gone 135-135-135-140-145-145- etc and ended up with the same totals as we have now. The advantage would be that the relay tasks would become viable tasks for 1 or 2 racer coops instead of just a wasted space and another 30 minutes to wait.

exactly... i think it should go 135, 140, 145, 150.

I agree, it seems very unfair for single players, but that is Playrix reasoning, they want coops to have enough players to do the task.
    They don’t seem to like one player coops.

The relay sits a while in our 14 member coop... Nobody wants to take the 5 point decrease in overall points to start it! Lol. That's what you want I'm a competitive co-op but could be improved with starting at 135.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGirl View Post
    The relay sits a while in our 14 member coop... Nobody wants to take the 5 point decrease in overall points to start it! Lol. That's what you want I'm a competitive co-op but could be improved with starting at 135.
    A couple of things. First, the regatta is a TEAM race. There is no HIT for taking the 130 starting point, it is something you do for the good of the team.

The first thing people have to do in "Relay Season" is get their head out of the "135's are perfect" mental state. Anybody who is more worried about their personal score is selfish. Any leader who would chastise of kick somebody out for not scoring "all 135's" (or taking a "low value 130 point task") is not worthy of leading a team.

Everyone on the team should be willing to be first in a relay, to "take one for the team" and get the ball rolling. Letting an entire team sit idle is just, dare I say it, I will, Stupid!

Maybe starting at a lower score is a deliberate test by Playrix so that only co-ops who work together as a team do well?

Co-ops with players who don't want to do a 130 point task to help the team, and who care more about an irrelevant personal score than they do a team score, won't do well in relays as they are a test of teamwork.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGirl View Post
    That's so dumb. Those personal points don't mean anything. There is no prize for having more points than your teammates. It is just vanity and ego over team to stall and wait until it reaches 140 or 145. Your leader needs to put A halt to that nonsense.