Thread: Town expansion - Losing forest

Town expansion - Losing forest

I like the little deer and rabbits running around in the forest. However, when expanding, these forests are lost. Does anyone know how to add decorations to your town so the deer will run around in this area?

Hi Ajg,
    It takes a little planning and a vision of how, you want your town to look like, when you like to keep those wildparks as a part of your Town.
    Land expansions lay in rows and if you just develop one expansion in an untouched row and work on developing more land in the next you get the result.
    Ducks.jpg
    One example out of my Town is the area with my Duck feeders. It is near the original river and next to my 'small village'.

Good luck with designing your Town

Ruud

The problem I’ve always had is those signposts.
    They are great for letting you know where your expansions are, but a nuisance when you want to build a natural area.
    So whilst I can see the reason fir them being there, I wish the devs could come up with something better.

Yours as always looks fabulous Ruud,you are so creative.

I'm using the Wildpark deco for that. It can be moved/turned like 7 times for different views, and it has one white bunny, 1 hedgehog and 1 deer in it (the deco must be lifted and put down again sometimes, to make them show up - turning is not necessary).

This area uses 2 Wildpark-decos, 1 terrace-deco and 1 expansion left-unopened (the $-sign is hidden by the tower):

(tap/click to expand pictures)
    Screenshot_20200513-1 Wildpark-min.jpg

This area has 3 Wildparks in it, one before the cave (at the bottom), and 2 behind/above:

Screenshot_20200513-3 Wildparks-min.jpg

and this is a little cutout with bunnies and one hedgehog - the deer didn't show up

Screenshot_20200513-Wildpark animals-min.jpg

I believe this is what the Devs gave us for the frequently voiced wish of having areas with more trees and animals (cos they probably cannot use the unopened expansions for that, as - without the sign - ppl would forget where they are or that they have them).
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-13-2020 at 08:32 AM. Reason: 2, not 1 :)

I agree, I like to have a neat looking down more countryish (if that's a word) I need room to breathe, even in a game. The devs need to make the signs much smaller by half, or perhaps another color, or a reminder once a month with their mail that they send out.

DD, I wonder, do those parks get a snowy look around Christmas and an Autumn look in September?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    DD, I wonder, do those parks get a snowy look around Christmas and an Autumn look in September?
    I don't remember it, Ruud, sorry - as I am not a winter+snow fan, I wouldn't care, but at least I seem to remember that they didn't stick out as heavily green or very different than the others.
    We'll have to wait till later this year (it's not in the panoramic view threads).

ETA: Thanks, Hope!
    (maybe I was just glad they didn't change, but stayed green )
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-16-2020 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    The problem I’ve always had is those signposts.
    They are great for letting you know where your expansions are, but a nuisance when you want to build a natural area.
    So whilst I can see the reason fir them being there, I wish the devs could come up with something better.
    It would be great if there was a way we could purchase the parcel as a nature reserve, leaving it just the same but removing the sign. I guess there would also need to be a way we could develop the parcel later if we wanted. I like the ponds. There is no decoration that gives us ponds this size.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Hey all... sadly the parks do not change for the winter season. I have a row of parks behind a neighborhood in my town. They were as they are in the spring/summer. A bit of a bummer...

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    It would be great if there was a way we could purchase the parcel as a nature reserve, leaving it just the same but removing the sign. I guess there would also need to be a way we could develop the parcel later if we wanted. I like the ponds. There is no decoration that gives us ponds this size.
    Yes, I’m sure those that want them wouldn’t mind lasting fir them, just like they do for the parks.
    I agree with the ponds as well, Lovely to see animals running round with a pond in th e middle. Very natural.