Thread: Creating new co-op during IS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Creating new co-op during IS

How is the task board on a co-op created during IS affected by the level of the "creator"? Once the "creator/leader" dumps a task or two, without actually starting one, what would happen if a higher level co-leader started and did the first 11 tasks? Does the game take into account the levels of inactive players, or just the level of the person doing the tasks?

Doug
    Level 28 on Windows 10

The game doesn’t take into account anything for IS .. it doesn’t count fir anything except to get the coop goals and individual chests.
    There is no competition so therefore any coop member can take any tasks towards his/her own chests or towards coop goals.
    Inactive players in a coop that don’t have a valid reason not to help for me are not part of a team and personally I wouldn’t keep them.
    They don’t help but still collect the rewards. Harsh..maybe...but it’s unfair to those that do the tasks.

Having a very low level baby town helps bring tasks like wheat / milk. Having v high lvl players helps bring factory tasks. I once found s spreadsheet somewhere listing what levels tasks appeared/, disappeared at, but can't remember where/how I stumbled across it.

Not sure that is strictly true JayS ... we are all high level long time players in my coop, and we still get crop tasks. In fact the last task I completed this last week was to grow wheat. However the amount is probably higher than for lower levels.
    We do get a lot of factory tasks though some weeks, though this last week we have a lot of mining tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    Not sure that is strictly true JayS ... we are all high level long time players in my coop, and we still get crop tasks. In fact the last task I completed this last week was to grow wheat. However the amount is probably higher than for lower levels.
    We do get a lot of factory tasks though some weeks, though this last week we have a lot of mining tasks.
    I'm confused. I thought the original question was about interseasonal and the tasks/chests that we get then. I think it is similar to regular season, though, starting with not seeing tasks above everyone's level. Our lowest level member participates only in IS and I don't remember thinking we saw easier tasks than during the regular season. On reflection, though, I think we do see a lot more egg tasks in IS, maybe also feed.

But getting back to the original question, if the software does adjust tasks based on player level, I think it looks at all the coop members, not just the coop leader.

It is an interesting thought tho. If coop starts out IS solo, are the chests for the whole event based on that one person, or will the task algorithms adjust as additional players join? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I'm confused. I thought the original question was about interseasonal and the tasks/chests that we get then. I think it is similar to regular season, though, starting with not seeing tasks above everyone's level. Our lowest level member participates only in IS and I don't remember thinking we saw easier tasks than during the regular season. On reflection, though, I think we do see a lot more egg tasks in IS, maybe also feed.

But getting back to the original question, if the software does adjust tasks based on player level, I think it looks at all the coop members, not just the coop leader.

It is an interesting thought tho. If coop starts out IS solo, are the chests for the whole event based on that one person, or will the task algorithms adjust as additional players join? I don't know.
    Thanks Cuddz and Mayfield for the clarifications - and wouldn't dream of contradicting either of you . I am guessing from douglas's other recent questions that he's thinking of dipping toe into hopping waters so answered accordingly, and can only go by what have experienced.
    Have definitely noticed different opening boards depending on which town opens the coop and that when others join, subsequent chests have greater variety of tasks. (I THINK based more on level than capability, but will pay more attention next IS).

Thank you for the answers so far.

Having just finished an interesting IS, I have one observation to add. At one point a friend of mine started a co-op for me because I was short on coins. He's level 100+ and I'm only 29. The chests in his co-op contained much harder tasks than the ones in the co-ops that I started on my own. Unfortunately I didn't start any tasks to see what would happen if "the game" noticed that the level of the player doing tasks was much lower than the level of the player that created the co-op. (We both got invited to join a hop!)

So, it would seem to be advantageous to a high level player to have a low level friend create the co-op for the high level player to prep for hopping. Also, the low level player could "hold the fort" so to speak if the high level player got called to do a hop. If that has been confusing for some, then you haven't done enough hopping yet LOL

Doug
    Lvl 29 on Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by douglasnorth View Post
    Thank you for the answers so far.

Having just finished an interesting IS, I have one observation to add. At one point a friend of mine started a co-op for me because I was short on coins. He's level 100+ and I'm only 29. The chests in his co-op contained much harder tasks than the ones in the co-ops that I started on my own. Unfortunately I didn't start any tasks to see what would happen if "the game" noticed that the level of the player doing tasks was much lower than the level of the player that created the co-op. (We both got invited to join a hop!)

So, it would seem to be advantageous to a high level player to have a low level friend create the co-op for the high level player to prep for hopping. Also, the low level player could "hold the fort" so to speak if the high level player got called to do a hop. If that has been confusing for some, then you haven't done enough hopping yet LOL

Doug
    Lvl 29 on Windows 10
    Welcome to the Dark Side - though should have said that on May Fourth