Thread: Exchange "Rate" in Tool Exchange

Exchange "Rate" in Tool Exchange

I've tried finding this info but no luck so far.

Does anyone have an overview of what is a good exchange rate of building materials for tools, since each offer is different.

Maybe someone did the math?

Quote Originally Posted by nika2020 View Post
    I've tried finding this info but no luck so far.

Does anyone have an overview of what is a good exchange rate of building materials for tools, since each offer is different.

Maybe someone did the math?
    I currently have :
    1+1 for 11
    1+1 for 11
    2 for 9

I would say 5 and under is good. I haven't touched it for like 2 months, but in my experience it's usually 5-6, so under 5 is definetely good. I didn't care that much though, because it was hard enough to get the specific tools for specific materials. If I need slabs for a CB, obviously I won't trade slabs for tools, unless I have more, than I need for it.

Since the tool exchange is the ONLY way to get power tools to complete community buildings, does it matter what the rate is? It will constantly be different so you get what you need when you have the materials to get what you need. You will always be able to get replacement building materials, they are in everything as prizes or trains, so boost those trains up! It takes a long time to get the power tools for each CB, even longer if you are trying to complete more than one CB at a time, so just be patient. Check out the thread that has more CB info, it really helped me a lot! (Sorry, dont know how to link it.)

A little planning and looking ahead will help you with the Power Tools.

First, if you have enough coins, make sure you buy the extra 2 exchange orders so you'll have more to choose from.

Second, look at the list of CB's to see what Power Tools will be needed for either the one your currently building or, and this is an important step, the *next* CB when you advance the proper level, The list is HERE

Then you'll know just how many of each kind of Tool and each kind of Building Materials you need (you will not need all 3).

Delete / Dump any Tool Exchange order that does *not* give you the tools you'll need. Also, even if it does give you the tools you'll need, if it takes away the Building Materials that you'll need, delete that too *unless* you have an excess of those Materials.

This should allow you to build up enough tools *and* enough Building Materials to complete one CB. Concentrate your efforts only only *one* CB at a time.

The Currency used in the Tool Exchange is Building Materials so keep your trains running. 70% of all things returned in the train rail cars are Building Materials. They're free and relatively easy to come by,

Good Luck