Thread: Cheating in Regatta??

Angry Cheating in Regatta??

My team has 4 people racing against other teams with 4 or 5 people racing. The top team has 4 people racing, there is a maximum of 64 tasks that can be done, and they have points of 11,099. That is an average of 173 points per task! But I have never seen a task above 145 and the most you usually see are tasks of 135. So how are they doing it? Any explanation? There must be a cheat going on.

By the way, Team number 2 has 5 racers, a total of 80 tasks and 10,900 points, which again averages out to 136 points per task, which is reasonable. So how do you explain this?

11,099 points isn't possible with 4 racers. The points for each completed relay is 550. With 16 relays, the highest possible score for 4 racers is 8800.

With five racers, the points for a completed relay is 695, so the maximum possible for 16 relays is 11,120.

You said there are also teams with 5 racers in your group, so my guess is they did have a fifth racer for the race. Not sure why anyone would change their racing status or leave a coop after finishing their tasks. It might have to do with a tiff over the missing 21 points.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 05-08-2020 at 04:28 PM.

The real question is "Why is your team with only 4 listed as "Racing" (they have the ship's steering wheel icon next to their name) up against a team that clearly had 5 players "racing" at one time?"

They had 4 racers from the beginning. Besides, I don't think you can change your racing status after the race starts (although you can leave your co-op). I'm not sure what you mean by "relays"? If you complete all tasks (plus the extra one you paid 10 township bucks for) is that a relay?

In the mobile version of the game, we have relay tasks this season. I don't know about Windows regatta. You must have relays or those coops wouldn't have such big scores.

If you see a 130 point task with a purple border, that is a relay task.

In a relay, the task can be taken by everyone on the team, one after another. The points the first three takers are 130, 135, 140. After that, the task is worth 145 for the remaining racers.

So, relays are best ignored by teams of 1 or 2 if you want only 135 point tasks. For teams of 3 racers, the relay adds up to the same as 3 solo tasks and are worth doing only if they are tasks all three racers want.

For teams with 4 or more racers, the top 3 finishers will usually have done 7 or 8 or more relays, depending on the competitiveness of that group. This week, my coop will do six and likely end up about 7th or 8th. My coop sometimes sees a team who did all 16 tasks as relays. Those teams are spending massive amounts of tcash rushing the board and probably also rushing tasks.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 05-08-2020 at 05:26 PM.

We are lucky to see more than 2 relay tasks in a race, but we do not spend the massive amounts of real cash--I can't see why that would ever be worth it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post

You said there are also teams with 5 racers in your group, so my guess is they did have a fifth racer for the race. Not sure why anyone would change their racing status or leave a coop after finishing their tasks. It might have to do with a tiff over the missing 21 points.
    It happens on PC quite a bit. Someone makes a mistake and either they leave/kicked out of co-op. Or the co-op just disappears from the race. With 4-6 racers we can generally get 5-6 relays to pop up in time for them to be worth while. Once we get down to 3 players we stop doing relays.

There is definitely some cheating going on! When a Co-Op has 5 people and their points average out to every player doing maximum tasks and buying one task and the points still average out to 175 each???? NO WAY POSSIBLE. Even if the points averaged out to 135 each. That is not possible either. I have never seen every task offered be 135 points. So how is any of this happening? It is very frustrating for those of us who are on here to have fun and be a little competitive,