Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Experiment Round Three (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    That spin wheel is the worst thing Playrix have ever introduced...well I think so anyway lol
    I don't know. I think maybe the animal/not animal mushroom farms run it a close second anyway.

I find myself totally unmotivated to play the side events without the personal goals.

I might hate that wheel less if it actually slowed to a stop, but when it slams on the brakes and actually backs up to avoid giving me a prize I wanted, it feels pretty crooked.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 05-29-2020 at 02:15 PM.

I started the ore task today. I had like 325 picks or so and am doubting that will get me through, so I need time to build up stock from Raja. I hated to start this as I don’t smelt at all so this is a total waste... But anyway, I had to start it as I’ve totally slacked on this round of The Professor and I do really covet that free expansion. Plus, I won’t have enough tools to enlarge the barn this time, and I am in a solo coop so I can’t get that easy 100 task done for coops... thus the ore needing to be done. Small price to pay for getting a free expansion in my opinion!

Now, the prize wheel? Well, it has been the perfect way to push me away from competing in events. I hate it. I’ve been disengaging from events for some time now due to the lack of new decos, but the prize wheel is just the nail in the coffin. That, in turn, allowed me to not even really log into the game which caused me to slack on The Professor... which brings me back to the ore. Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle.One View Post
    I started the ore task today. I had like 325 picks or so and am doubting that will get me through, so I need time to build up stock from Raja. I hated to start this as I don’t smelt at all so this is a total waste... But anyway, I had to start it as I’ve totally slacked on this round of The Professor and I do really covet that free expansion. Plus, I won’t have enough tools to enlarge the barn this time, and I am in a solo coop so I can’t get that easy 100 task done for coops... thus the ore needing to be done. Small price to pay for getting a free expansion in my opinion!
    A long time ago I recorded how many tools it took to mine a certain amount of ore. It turns out you need to start with about 2x the amount of ore in tools (to get 300 ore you'll need to start with 600 tools). There were 3 assumptions made. 1st, that you'd find more tools in the mine as you went along and you'd use those up too. 2nd, that you used a relatively efficient mining technique to expose blocks without wasting too many tools. and 3rd, that you did *not* use the "see the light" booster which would allow you to not waste tools revealing empty blocks.

With Raja, you can buy 30 Picks / hour or 10 of either Dynamite or TNT / hour. Assuming you're not using the "Busy Trade" booster which would give you access to Raja every 1/2 hour instead.

Good luck, you still have 7 days remaining.

I don't understand why anyone doesn't smelt the ores into ingots. Do you just buy all the lobsters and pineapples and such that you need from Raja instead of using ingots on boats? I guess that also means never taking the shrimp or olive task?

I do smelt quite a bit, but nothing like I did when we used ingots to buy the fancy decorations.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 05-29-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    A long time ago I recorded how many tools it took to mine a certain amount of ore. It turns out you need to start with about 2x the amount of ore in tools (to get 300 ore you'll need to start with 600 tools). There were 3 assumptions made. 1st, that you'd find more tools in the mine as you went along and you'd use those up too. 2nd, that you used a relatively efficient mining technique to expose blocks without wasting too many tools. and 3rd, that you did *not* use the "see the light" booster which would allow you to not waste tools revealing empty blocks.

With Raja, you can buy 30 Picks / hour or 10 of either Dynamite or TNT / hour. Assuming you're not using the "Busy Trade" booster which would give you access to Raja every 1/2 hour instead.

Good luck, you still have 7 days remaining.
    Thanks for the tips. I already have some junk boosters going to qualify for the booster task so I just went for it with my picks. I bought 10 from Raja as he was available when I entered my game. If I estimate I had 350 picks to begin with (I know it wasn’t more), I had 360 picks. I finished the task with 3 picks to spare. I also used quite a few picks to collect clay, probably about 20 or so...

I completed a few collections and pulled in some serious t-cash, and I hit a bunch of tombs to raid and collected major coin and more t-cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I don't understand why anyone doesn't smelt the ores into ingots. Do you just buy all the lobsters and pineapples and such that you need from Raja instead of using ingots on boats? I guess that also means never taking the shrimp or olive task?

I do smelt quite a bit, but nothing like I did when we used ingots to buy the fancy decorations.
    I don’t upgrade my factories, trains or ships and ingots take up space in the barn whereas ore does not. I also smelted a bit to earn the decos before, but I only have built one foundry as I hate how it looks, and the setup works for how I play. And I do buy the rarer commodities from Raja when I need them.

Quote Originally Posted by gggillis View Post
    If you do the daily tasks for the next 4 days that is 120 points no need to mine for ore.
    But I haven’t this time and even when I’ve been on, I’m not going to do high harvest tasks or stuff like that. I haven’t been in my game as much which is why I’m down on tasks. But like I said, the ore task turned out to be a major winner in terms of t-cash and coin so I’m happy to have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    That spin wheel is the worst thing Playrix have ever introduced...well I think so anyway lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I don't know. I think maybe the animal/not animal mushroom farms run it a close second anyway.

I find myself totally unmotivated to play the side events without the personal goals.
    well said, + yes and yes!

p.s.: and thanks, Gary, for your tips, too!

Status of extra clovers after Professor experiment ends

Hi all,

Currently, we are having a doubled clover holder (100 instead of 50) in the house of luck. If we are having 80 clovers now and the experiment ends,

*will it remain as same 90 but cannot load anymore until we finish it up
    *will it be reduced to 50 as it is the limit of the holder
    *Will it be reduced to exactly half i.e., 40 of it as the double offer is valid only during the experiment.

At the end of the experiment you will keep any clovers you have.
    However until you use them and bring the number down to less than 100 letters and less than 50 clovers you will not be able to earn more.
    This is just the assumption made based on other prizes such as the bar expansions. We have no way to actually know as it is a new event prize.

Thruve
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    well said, + yes and yes!

p.s.: and thanks, Gary, for your tips, too!
    I thought the pin wheel was no different than the normal way we acquire rewards from side events. I figured the ‘random’ stop of the wheel was just an illusion. Is it legitimately random and therefore there’s the chance you receive crap rewards for 4-6 spins?

Quote Originally Posted by Thruve View Post
    I thought the pin wheel was no different than the normal way we acquire rewards from side events. I figured the ‘random’ stop of the wheel was just an illusion. Is it legitimately random and therefore there’s the chance you receive crap rewards for 4-6 spins?
    I don't think so. Every time we had it I noticed that i get a profile picture in the first 5 spins. Actually, I think it was always the 5th. And not just that, after the 5th spin, the number of points required were lowered by a significant amount, and were increasing again infinite times. So I don't think it's totally random, but somewhat random. I got a record demand during my first 5 spins. I have never seen that as a personal reward.