Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Experiment Round Three (3)

Quote Originally Posted by dnana1 View Post
    Does anyone else feel that the tasks are harder right off the bat? Do you think it is due to too many of us getting enough points to win within the first 2-3 weeks? Would they know we were doing that if we didnt talk about it here? Do we know how many points we need this time? Am I just paranoid?
    According to the Wiki, last time the rewards were at 31 "levels" ending at 1300 points. This time the 31 levels end at 1500 points. So the made it a bit more difficult to get them all.

I suppose there will be some "still too easy" posts and some "hey, it's harder now and I can't get all the rewards, that's unfair" posts.

"Just because you're paranoid that doesn't mean they aren't out to get you" - R. Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    ..."Just because you're paranoid that doesn't mean they aren't out to get you" - R. Nixon
    ROFL
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-07-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle.One View Post
    Ok... thank you... thus why the phrase, “if I recall correctly” is so important. For some reason the icon in the game for this task was making me think we had to make the creams and use them.
    On a smallish screen it *is* hard to tell if the green "swoosh" is pointing into the crate (use) or coming out of the crate (produce). Yeah, I can see that. I had to zoom into a screenshot to see it clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I found a graphic with all the tasks from the first 2 experiments.

#1 had a "use syrup" and a "use cotton fabric", both as ingredients in something else.

#2 had a "use cream", "use cheese", and "use syrup", all 3 as ingredients to make something else.
    What were the quantities?
    #1 had a "use syrup" (30) and a "use cotton fabric" (30)

#2 had a "use cream" (40), "use cheese" (35), and "use syrup" (30)

"Just because you're paranoid that doesn't mean they aren't out to get you" - R. Nixon
    I remember watching this with my poppa. He was a born and raised Democrat.
    He was talking to me about it and said, The only thing Mr. Nixon did wrong was getting caught.

Thanks. I remembered the very first one started with use 30 syrup task, but not the others. Mostly I was curious if the cream was also 30 last time and had gone up. I am glad to see it was 40 last time as well.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 05-08-2020 at 02:52 AM.

BE EXTRA CAREFUL OF REQUESTS TO JOIN COOP DURING THE PROFESSOR WEEKS
    We had a request a couple of days ago and I mistakenly pressed accept when intending to visit the person’s town. Within 5 minutes, the person had swept up the 5 tc rewards for one of our members who was offline, and left the coop 40 tc better off, leaving behind a smiling emoji. Mad with myself, but a hard learned lesson ,and I wouldn’t want any other players to be unaware of this risk- which I must admit, had never occurred to me.
    Feel very tempted to name the player- because Inthink it goes against the spirit of the game. Just suggest you don’t be as naive- and careless= as I was.

I replied to something over in the Township Family FB page but since not everyone is on FB, I thought I'd post it here too to see if anyone else ran into this.

The topic was the "Double Luck" (if that's its name) Perk available to Gold Pass buyers. There wasn't a lot of explanation on how it works so people are either experimenting or guessing

My "comment" is below, slightly edited to make more sense here

There seems to be a minor catch in how this works. Yes, you get "Double Clovers" whenever you fill a product request in the co-op chat but you only get "Double Clovers" from the "Thank You" letters if you manually move them using the "Collect All" button.

I did a few experiments and if you already have 100 Letters, according to the old gameplay, any new letter is converted to a clover and placed in the HOL instead. Well, for Double Clovers an odd thing happens. This "101st" letter *and* the 100th letter move to the HOL (adding 2 clovers, appearing to be a 2x reward) however, the number of letters remaining in the Town Hall is now 99. In other words, it moved 2 letters into the HOL as clovers, not doubling the 101st letter. Did I explain that well enough?
    So basically, I started with 100 Letters and 52 Clovers (now that 100 is the max)

I filled someone's train car. I ended up with 99 Letters and 54 Clovers.

I filled someone's train car. I ended up with 100 Letters and 54 Clovers.

I filled someone's zoo order. I ended up with 99 Letters and 56 Clovers.

I hit "Collect All" and it moved 22 and stopped, essentially adding 44 Clovers to the 56, Filling the HOL with 100. I have 77 Letters left.

If, as some people claim, that you do *not* get "Double Letters" but only "Double Clovers", then it seems that you lose out if you just let the Letters convert to Clovers when you've reached 100 Letters, the automatic "conversion" from Letter to Clover is still 1 for 1 but the manual "conversion" is 2 for 1.

Comments? Other Observations?

According to the Wiki, last time the rewards were at 31 "levels" ending at 1300 points. This time the 31 levels end at 1500 points. So the made it a bit more difficult to get them all.

I suppose there will be some "still too easy" posts and some "hey, it's harder now and I can't get all the rewards, that's unfair" posts.

hhahaha, thanks, charlie, I needed that!! I never think they're too hard, maybe this round will prove me wrong! I'm glad I learned about not having to do every task last time, that helps.

Many thanks for the heads-up Charlie