Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Experiment Round Three (3)

Thruve
    Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I replied to something over in the Township Family FB page but since not everyone is on FB, I thought I'd post it here too to see if anyone else ran into this.

The topic was the "Double Luck" (if that's its name) Perk available to Gold Pass buyers. There wasn't a lot of explanation on how it works so people are either experimenting or guessing

My "comment" is below, slightly edited to make more sense here

So basically, I started with 100 Letters and 52 Clovers (now that 100 is the max)

I filled someone's train car. I ended up with 99 Letters and 54 Clovers.

I filled someone's train car. I ended up with 100 Letters and 54 Clovers.

I filled someone's zoo order. I ended up with 99 Letters and 56 Clovers.

I hit "Collect All" and it moved 22 and stopped, essentially adding 44 Clovers to the 56, Filling the HOL with 100. I have 77 Letters left.

If, as some people claim, that you do *not* get "Double Letters" but only "Double Clovers", then it seems that you lose out if you just let the Letters convert to Clovers when you've reached 100 Letters, the automatic "conversion" from Letter to Clover is still 1 for 1 but the manual "conversion" is 2 for 1.

Comments? Other Observations?
    So your suggesting to use the clovers in the HOL before maxing out on letters so we get the 2 for 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Thruve View Post
    So your suggesting to use the clovers in the HOL before maxing out on letters so we get the 2 for 1?
    Now that I've had some time to think about it, I'm suggesting keeping your "HOL clover" count to around 90, maybe a little under. Monitor the "Town Hall Letter" count and when it gets near 100, hit "Collect All" and that will move some letters into HOL clovers, doubling them and stopping when you hit 100 (or 99 if you started with an odd number of clovers). Then play a few round at the HOL to reduce the number of clovers back to around 90.

That's what I'm going to do. Pick your own thresholds and how often you'll monitor the numbers, they'll depend on how often you help others and how frequently you want to monitor the values.

But, as far as I can tell, this is the way to maximize the value of the "Double Luck" Perk.

A little anoyance I found with this event. I may get my plane a lot faster but it has things impossible to fill.
    More than normal count
    items that are behind a long queue
    items that have duplications or long same-factory items as the trains.

This is all more than before the event.
    I’ve canceled 5 planes now and I’ve been playing for over 3 months and canceled once and maybe sent 2-3 planes with below 13 hours left.

So obvious of a gotcha it takes away from the idea of a ‘perk’

Quote Originally Posted by RockyJ View Post
    A little anoyance I found with this event. I may get my plane a lot faster but it has things impossible to fill.
    More than normal count
    items that are behind a long queue
    items that have duplications or long same-factory items as the trains.

This is all more than before the event.
    I’ve canceled 5 planes now and I’ve been playing for over 3 months and canceled once and maybe sent 2-3 planes with below 13 hours left.

So obvious of a gotcha it takes away from the idea of a ‘perk’
    I don't experience this at all... The only reason it's harder to fill for me is because I have less time to prepare everything, but the quantities haven't changed for me. Also had only 2 products many times or the third as a crop. I don't know what you consider hard. It asked 24 ice creams from me, but that happened in the past a lot.

I didn't collect the fast plane reward. I probably will when the new regatta starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketto View Post
    I don't experience this at all... The only reason it's harder to fill for me is because I have less time to prepare everything, but the quantities haven't changed for me. Also had only 2 products many times or the third as a crop. I don't know what you consider hard. It asked 24 ice creams from me, but that happened in the past a lot.
    It is all relative, I’m lvl 57.
    The items are tougher but usually before the perk they didn’t interfere with the trains but now they do. Or it may want 3 sweaters on the the train with 2 on the selves now I have none of the item ready and the plane will have already asked for hats or something to tie up the tailor shop.
    Anyway before the perk it was usually 5 hour plane and 6 total to prep so ready to go within the hour. now it’s like 3 hour plane and at the very least 6 hour prep usually some more or a lot more, which makes it not a perk. However it does let me cancel the plane easier since I only have to wait 3 hours.
    It may be a factor that the ongoing paint box event has the helicopters taking a bunch of my stash. But I do see more quantities per box and a unforgiving choice of items.

I made 40 ice creams for the Verne task so when I got my 24 it was ok. I’ve never gotten that before so the system knew I had them shelved.

It may ease up as it sees I can’t do them since I’m canceling and running down to 11 hours to fill them.

on the next plane I got silk, peach marmelade and rubber boats.
    0 silk 9jams and 3boats on the shelf so anxious to see what comes up. At least I got what it is asking for for the most part. if it wants 6 boats that’s 7.5 hour prep
    Last edited by RockyJ; 05-11-2020 at 03:23 AM. Reason: claarify

6 peach jams and 6 rubber boats

so there was absolutely no perk to the 3 hour plane. Looks good but no advantage. I had 3 boats already made and I still will have the plane run down to 11 hours at takeoff.by the time the other 3 get done.

Thruve
    Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Now that I've had some time to think about it, I'm suggesting keeping your "HOL clover" count to around 90, maybe a little under. Monitor the "Town Hall Letter" count and when it gets near 100, hit "Collect All" and that will move some letters into HOL clovers, doubling them and stopping when you hit 100 (or 99 if you started with an odd number of clovers). Then play a few round at the HOL to reduce the number of clovers back to around 90.

That's what I'm going to do. Pick your own thresholds and how often you'll monitor the numbers, they'll depend on how often you help others and how frequently you want to monitor the values.

But, as far as I can tell, this is the way to maximize the value of the "Double Luck" Perk.

If you have 90/100 clovers in the HOL, hitting collect all only removes 5 letters despite how many letters you have but provided you have atleast 5 because 1 letter x 2 clovers = 10. Those 10 clovers added to HOL then make it 100/100.

I don’t understand how there’s a way to maximize the perk.. the only trick is not to fill others’ orders when your capped in clovers in the HOL and when capped with letters..

Was the point that if your 95/100 clovers, and you hit ‘collect all’ letters, it’s consuming 3 letters but only providing you 5 clovers instead of 6.. with one letter only giving you 1 clover instead of two because the cap is 100 and not 101?

That’s the only way I can see a loss with having this perk. I guess I’ll try it and report back here..
    Last edited by Thruve; 05-11-2020 at 06:47 AM.

I have been converting my letters as I get them. They do in fact convert 1 for 2.
    The idea of the perk fir me is that I can play the HOL more often as I’m getting twice the clovers.
    I tend to save my clovers for use in regatta tasks. This perk means I have played the HOL outside if regatta.

I’m still getting asked for 2 of each item as I have always for those items that take a long time to make in the factory.
    Other items are usually 2 or 3 for each crate.
    Crops when I get asked for them have always been a high number and that number increased as I progressed through the game.
    FE my last plane wanted 78 wheat per crate. But that’s a normal amount and not at all unusual.
    Maybe I’m lucky but I haven’t seen anything change in the numbers asked for to fill my plane crates.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    I have been converting my letters as I get them. They do in fact convert 1 for 2.
    The idea of the perk fir me is that I can play the HOL more often as I’m getting twice the clovers.
    I tend to save my clovers for use in regatta tasks. This perk means I have played the HOL outside if regatta.

I’m still getting asked for 2 of each item as I have always for those items that take a long time to make in the factory.
    Other items are usually 2 or 3 for each crate.
    Crops when I get asked for them have always been a high number and that number increased as I progressed through the game.
    FE my last plane wanted 78 wheat per crate. But that’s a normal amount and not at all unusual.
    Maybe I’m lucky but I haven’t seen anything change in the numbers asked for to fill my plane crates.
    Then I am not alone. Maybe for someone who didn't send too many planes before or just skipped a lot now it changed because they send them more often. I noticed in the past that skipping planes or just waiting many hours between them might help lower the quantities. When I started sending more, I noticed an increase in quantities. Maybe coincidence.

I do think however, that it's one of the worst perk we got. Previously we had the spacious railcars for 3 cars/train for almost a month (counting from the point when we could unlock the 3rd level). Based on the current plane perk, that should have been train time is cut in half or something, which would have been much worse, because we would have needed twice as much products for the trains. The plane perk imo should be double chest reward or something like that. That would be similar. There is no way I am gonna send planes in 2 hours. Even now, 3 hours is way too quick, because I am sure as hell not going to waste Raja for products with the market perk going on... most of the time he would give twice as much as I would need anyway. I have to buy ores and mining supplies,I just have to.
    Maybe this plane perk is good for players who have huge barns or ones that use Raja for products, but kind of a waste for lower/mid level players.
    Last edited by Rocketto; 05-11-2020 at 09:42 AM.