Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Experiment Round Three (3)

The golden balloons are always in your friends town, unless you miss one then occasionally one will appear in your own.
    There are 5 per day to collect and only 1 is free. These are the only balloons that count towards the task.
    So it takes 3 days to complete the task, or 15 days if you don’t want to spend tcash. Making it easily accessible to all players.

Those balloons are generated for every player by the game , whether you visit anyone or not.
    They are there for every player to collect if that friend is on their list.
    FE I go to the first 5 friends on my list almost everyday and collect them...if another player had those same friends and they visited they too would see them and be able to collect. Sometimes the game will make me look fir one or two, by making me visit more friends towns to get them.
    If you zoom into the helicopter you can usually see the golden balloon.

Thanks for the info, guys! I never paid much attention to when and where they showed up in my normal game, or how often, because I never opened them before, except for my one free one everyday. I KNEW the devs wouldn't benefit from making them harder to get, just couldnt figure out why they seemed that way. Now I know!

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I replied to something over in the Township Family FB page but since not everyone is on FB, I thought I'd post it here too to see if anyone else ran into this.

The topic was the "Double Luck" (if that's its name) Perk available to Gold Pass buyers. There wasn't a lot of explanation on how it works so people are either experimenting or guessing

My "comment" is below, slightly edited to make more sense here

So basically, I started with 100 Letters and 52 Clovers (now that 100 is the max)

I filled someone's train car. I ended up with 99 Letters and 54 Clovers.

I filled someone's train car. I ended up with 100 Letters and 54 Clovers.

I filled someone's zoo order. I ended up with 99 Letters and 56 Clovers.

I hit "Collect All" and it moved 22 and stopped, essentially adding 44 Clovers to the 56, Filling the HOL with 100. I have 77 Letters left.

If, as some people claim, that you do *not* get "Double Letters" but only "Double Clovers", then it seems that you lose out if you just let the Letters convert to Clovers when you've reached 100 Letters, the automatic "conversion" from Letter to Clover is still 1 for 1 but the manual "conversion" is 2 for 1.

Comments? Other Observations?
    I read this post when you first posted it and thank you for the explanation. I may have eventually figured it out and really appreciate your explanation.

My question: At the end of Professor's Experiments will we keep the double clovers (100) that we have collected or should we use them so we don't lose what's coming into the letter box. Lose = not be able to collect more after the # of letters reach 100?

I'm just wondering if I should use those extra clovers before the end of the experiment.

Ideas?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJan View Post
    I read this post when you first posted it and thank you for the explanation. I may have eventually figured it out and really appreciate your explanation.

My question: At the end of Professor's Experiments will we keep the double clovers (100) that we have collected or should we use them so we don't lose what's coming into the letter box. Lose = not be able to collect more after the # of letters reach 100?

I'm just wondering if I should use those extra clovers before the end of the experiment.

Ideas?

Thank you.
    Can’t be totally sure as this is the first time we have had this.
    But..l would assume after the event you will keep the 100, but won’t be able to get any more till you get below The normal 50.
    I assume this will be the case because that’s how it works with other parts, like the extra barn space we get.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    Can’t be totally sure as this is the first time we have had this.
    But..l would assume after the event you will keep the 100, but won’t be able to get any more till you get below The normal 50.
    I assume this will be the case because that’s how it works with other parts, like the extra barn space we get.
    Thank you, that's pretty much what I thought.

I was excited by the 2X clovers but after the first day I discovered that I only use those when I have a Regatta Task for them.

I'm on Level 3 of the Flash Flight and lovin' those quick plane trips when doing a Plane Regatta Task!

Should we keep going once we reach 1500 points? Is there any compensation at the end for how many points we accumulated?

Quote Originally Posted by Pcrody View Post
    Should we keep going once we reach 1500 points? Is there any compensation at the end for how many points we accumulated?
    No. The 2 times we have done experiments before, there was no benefit to doing anything after you topped out on points (at 1300 previously) and got all the rewards. After I got there, I concentrated on the regatta and on helping mates finish the experiments. Doing that caused me to collect some daily points accidently but I got no more rewards for my extra points. The nice thing is, tho, that you get to use all the benefits you earned, like extra barn space, while playing your regular game!

Quote Originally Posted by JustJan View Post

Ideas?

Thank you.
    My Town hall covers are still capped at 100, so I don't see why it would work any differently before or after the event ends.

What is different for me is that my HOL clover stash is now also capped at 100 rather than 50, plus the weird way clovers move from town hall to hol. Since it applies the 2x multiplier during that move, it always adds an even number to the hol clovers. If hol is already holding 99 and I try to collect at Town Hall, it tells me hol is full.

I'm guessing they won't take the surplus hol clovers away, but all our clovers from new helps will be lost, apart from any from the letters that may fit in the Town Hall. Otherwise, we will lose new clovers until we can draw the hol number down below 50 and also create a little space in the town hall.

As always with these events, it is going on a week too long for me. I find myself thinking more about issues like this and preparing my barn to return to normal than about the remaining tasks and rewards.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 05-25-2020 at 11:37 PM.

You don’t need to lose any clovers, just the same as you don’t in the normal game when you reach 100 and 50
    Once you get full you simply play a game or two at the HOL.
    You would do this in the normal game so i don’t see the problem lol

... and if you use these additional 50 clovers in your HOL shortly before the Prof's experiments end, you can even store all the items you get in your extended barn (with GP), and will have "only" the task of adapting your barn afterwards, not the HOL, too. *G*