Thread: Town Lost due to Beta Testing

Town Lost due to Beta Testing

Hi all,

When I open the game I get the notification "You switched to an earlier version of the game" When I choose OK it leads me to the tutorial of the game at level 1 (I did go through the tutorial and never got the option to reload my old town) when I choose Download it takes me to the App store to reopen the app, and get the same notification.

I have attempted all avenues to get my town back with no luck. I had a conversation with the bot via the in-app support where I submitted*my information (Town: Burns Borough, level 33) and ended up with "Congratulations! Your progress was restored! For the changes to take effect, please reinstall the game and connect it to the same social network account it was associated with. If you never connected your game to any social network accounts, just reinstall it Happy gaming!" I did as instructed and reinstalled, since I was not connected to social networks and I am having the same issue - unable to access my old town because I can not get back to the "testing" version any longer.

I have emailed the support and have not gotten a response yet.

My friends say they are able to visit my town at level 33, so I am hopeful I will be able to get it back.

I would appreciate any help - thanks so much!
    Attached Images Attached Images

OK, you were Beta Testing the next version of the game. The instructions for Beta told you to not reinstall the game else you would lose access to your town until the version you were testing was finally released. For some reason you left the Beta test and found yourself in exactly the situation the instructions warned you about.

At this point you should do nothing until the Beta is over and the next version released. If you're lucky, you haven't done anything "fatal" to your town and you may be able to pick up where you left off.

If you do have one thing to complain to Playrix about is that their Answer Bot gave you exactly the *wrong* answer for dealing with Beta Users. Their Answer Bot gave you an answer that could have totally hosed your town. I'd sure be mad if that happens.

Good Luck.

Thanks so much for your quick reply! Sounds like I foolishly opted into doing the testing without learning enough about it.

Do you know if there is a way to see when the next version will be released?

I appreciate your help!

Quote Originally Posted by smb33 View Post
    Thanks so much for your quick reply! Sounds like I foolishly opted into doing the testing without learning enough about it.

Do you know if there is a way to see when the next version will be released?

I appreciate your help!
    I don't know about "foolishly". I understand the allure of getting an advance view of the next release. And usually all goes well but since it is a "test version", bugs and "anomalies" sometimes show up. There are other downsides, like not taking part in some events.

Conventional wisdom says that it testing lasts for about 2 to 3 weeks before the release is ready for general release. That's just a guess but it's the best one we have. Sorry.

No worries, thanks so much for your help!

In order to get your town back, you need to go back on beta. I can help you with that. Check your Inbox please

I was told the same thing. Have you been able to get your town back. If so, can you please point me in the right direction so I can get mine back. Thank you!