Thread: Regatta question

Regatta question

The current Regatta is less than 5 hours old but 4 teams with 3 active members have already completed the maximum number of tasks (16) at the maximum tariff (135). This seems a little unrealistic - any ideas on how they have achieved this?

Quote Originally Posted by Puttridge View Post
    - any ideas on how they have achieved this?
    hi Puttridge,

if you search for "preparation" in the forum threads, you'll get quite some results. (Some use tcash, too)
    With fewer members (like 3) it is even easier than in a big Coop.

Here is a post with a very good explanation and description.

It is not only realistic, it is almost the norm in Gold League

ETA: and in this thread are some more of the very helpful lists for preparation.
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-05-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Sorry, but preparation alone isn't going to get you more than a few quick tasks, and you still need for the tasks to show up on the board first.

16 tasks @135 for every racer in under 6 hours is done only by using a massive amount of tcash. They immediately dump all tasks that aren't 135, then use tcadh to rush the new tasks. Dump, rush, repeat, until everyone gets a task. Then continue to dump, rush, repeat until you get more good 135 tasks ready. If playing the mobile version of the game, with 3 racers they can probably get about 4 good tasks up at a time. With Windows it is easier, as the board will continue to generate new 135 tasks even with more already on the board.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 05-05-2020 at 03:25 PM.

1st place in our had 1755 points in the first 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Puttridge View Post
    The current Regatta is less than 5 hours old but 4 teams with 3 active members have already completed the maximum number of tasks (16) at the maximum tariff (135). This seems a little unrealistic - any ideas on how they have achieved this?
    Wondered the same thing, because as soon as regatta began I clicked on and a team already had completed 2 tasks! and there is only 1 member on that team as is mine. How do they determine who comes in first if the top 3 ends up with the same score, it cannot be due to who finished the tasks first, because of the time differences we all begin the regatta. Does anyone know?

The placement for tie scores is indeed determined by time.

I have seen this described two ways.

Some places say "finishes faster". Taken literally, this suggests they calculate the difference between the time the coop starts it's first task and their finish time. I find posts from people who seem to know who say this is how it works.

Other places say "finishes first". This wording suggests they look only at the moment in time when each team finished.

The info Playrix gives under Regatta help says this:

"IMPORTANT NOTE: if multiple co-ops finish in a tie, the co-op that completed the tasks the fastest wins. The clock starts at the same time as the regatta."

To me, that says there is no subtracting based on each Coop's actual first task start time. Everyone is considered to start when the regatta clock starts. I think the confusion comes from them not being native speakers of English.

Note that different teams in the race may work off different servers, so there can be a syncing delay in updating everyone's scores across all the servers, which only adds to the confusion. That means we may occasionally think we have finished before team x, then the data updates and we find ourselves behind because they actually finished earlier.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 05-29-2020 at 12:45 AM.

This has been answered many times by Playrix and long time
    Info can be found at https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Regatta

I did look around the Wiki yesterday and found they also said finishes fastest in one place and finishes first in another.

I think TS does answer the question in the in game Help tho.

CA969045-3493-4107-B1EB-756B4DB6D96C.jpg
    Last edited by Mayfield; 05-29-2020 at 01:27 PM.