Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Agriculture Event

  1. #1

    Agriculture Event

    The Agriculture Event is starting soon. Folks are already asking for the best crop to prepare / plant / harvest for best score.

    Almost 2 years ago we had a discussion about what to plant for profit / coins, you can find that discussion HERE This thread is not a rehash of that

    I've produced a spreadsheet that shows the points earned by harvesting the various crops and some data on how long it takes to earn those points. A quick view of that data (and the spreadsheet itself):

    Agriculture Event.jpg

    Agriculture Event.zip

    Enter the number of fields you are willing to commit to planting for the event. There are two "results" columns, Points per Hour with and without the "Rich Fields" purple booster (40% faster growth). The "Super Harvest" booster (2 x crop) did not apply the last time we had the event so I did not include it. However, the last time there was a "Professor's Experiments" event overlapped with the Agriculture Event and a "Perk" available from the Professor did apply. The is a spot for including the current value of the Perk at the top of the spreadsheet, currently set to 0%.

    The results show what we already intuitively know, you get the most points in a single harvest from the longest growing crop, currently Silk at 2196 points if you plant it in all 122 fields (the number I committed). However, to get those points you had to wait 15 Hours (9 hours with "Rich Fields") yielding the lowest "points earned per hour".

    Conversely, the highest "points earned per hour" is from, ta da, Wheat. The downside of Wheat is that you have to sit there in a continual plant / harvest / sell cycle and commit a lot of time to "babysitting" the fields.

    So the tradeoff is between "points" and "your time". This spreadsheet may help you make some decisions on that. Do you plant Corn and get a longer break between cycles? Carrots?

    What's the best to plant and leave unattended while I'm at work? Sleeping?

    I hope this helps a little. Please drop your comments and any discussion in this thread.

    Charlie

  2. #2
    Senior Member JayS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    The Agriculture Event is starting soon. Folks are already asking for the best crop to prepare / plant / harvest for best score.

    Almost 2 years ago we had a discussion about what to plant for profit / coins, you can find that discussion HERE This thread is not a rehash of that

    I've produced a spreadsheet that shows the points earned by harvesting the various crops and some data on how long it takes to earn those points. A quick view of that data (and the spreadsheet itself):

    Agriculture Event.jpg

    Agriculture Event.zip

    Enter the number of fields you are willing to commit to planting for the event. There are two "results" columns, Points per Hour with and without the "Rich Fields" purple booster (40% faster growth). The "Super Harvest" booster (2 x crop) did not apply the last time we had the event so I did not include it. However, the last time there was a "Professor's Experiments" event overlapped with the Agriculture Event and a "Perk" available from the Professor did apply. The is a spot for including the current value of the Perk at the top of the spreadsheet, currently set to 0%.

    The results show what we already intuitively know, you get the most points in a single harvest from the longest growing crop, currently Silk at 2196 points if you plant it in all 122 fields (the number I committed). However, to get those points you had to wait 15 Hours (9 hours with "Rich Fields") yielding the lowest "points earned per hour".

    Conversely, the highest "points earned per hour" is from, ta da, Wheat. The downside of Wheat is that you have to sit there in a continual plant / harvest / sell cycle and commit a lot of time to "babysitting" the fields.

    So the tradeoff is between "points" and "your time". This spreadsheet may help you make some decisions on that. Do you plant Corn and get a longer break between cycles? Carrots?

    What's the best to plant and leave unattended while I'm at work? Sleeping?

    I hope this helps a little. Please drop your comments and any discussion in this thread.

    Charlie
    Thanks Charlie.
    This may be a silly question but are there any big differences in points per hour between crops?
    In a similar event in a similar game bsome longer crops worked out better per hour

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Thanks Charlie.
    This may be a silly question but are there any big differences in points per hour between crops?
    In a similar event in a similar game bsome longer crops worked out better per hour
    Don't know the game but I would assume it would depend on the point value assigned to each crop. In this case, there is a small increment between crop points but large difference in growing time. Each Silk field is 18 points for 15 hours as opposed to Wheat with 1 point for 2 minutes. Big difference.

  4. #4
    Gold Member _DD_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,978
    Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    ... I hope this helps a little. Please drop your comments and any discussion in this thread.

    Charlie
    It sure will Comment is just: wow, bravo! and thank you!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    37
    Hi guys! The way I handle this event is before i go to bed i will plant all my fields (I have the max) with rubber or silk depending on how many hours i will be offline for the evening. The next day I harvest those and replant with wheat and/or corn and babysit fields. Repeat that what seems like a million times. The fun comes in when I turn into a shadow ninja. I will go to the towns ranked above or below me. See what they are growning. This gives me an idea of what I need to do to " out grow" them. Hours before the event ends, i grind out my fields. Mathematically speaking, i figure out how much i need to grow vs time left in the event. Then i figure out based on other players fields vs time left. Which leaves me with a general number needed to "beat" them. No matter how much they plant and harvest, mathematically they wont be able to place above you. This is the approach I have used. It has been quite successful, Ive placed 1st everytime this event has happened. The key is... not letting your crops sit waiting to be harvested. If you're going to be offline, pick a crop that matches the time gap. When you are online, grind away. Good Luck everyone!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Thanks Charlie.
    This may be a silly question but are there any big differences in points per hour between crops?
    In a similar event in a similar game bsome longer crops worked out better per hour
    FYI - I graphed "Points vs Grow Time" scaled to a single field to show the relationship. The crop value per hour is a strictly reducing value, no "sweet spot" in the middle.

    Agriculture Event Graph.jpg

    The "X-axis" is "Grow Time" but read left to right it can be viewed as the Crops, Wheat at the Left, Silk at the Right.
    Last edited by cdosr; 04-29-2020 at 07:06 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope1982 View Post
    Hi guys! The way I handle this event is before i go to bed i will plant all my fields (I have the max) with rubber or silk depending on how many hours i will be offline for the evening. The next day I harvest those and replant with wheat and/or corn and babysit fields. Repeat that what seems like a million times. The fun comes in when I turn into a shadow ninja. I will go to the towns ranked above or below me. See what they are growning. This gives me an idea of what I need to do to " out grow" them. Hours before the event ends, i grind out my fields. Mathematically speaking, i figure out how much i need to grow vs time left in the event. Then i figure out based on other players fields vs time left. Which leaves me with a general number needed to "beat" them. No matter how much they plant and harvest, mathematically they wont be able to place above you. This is the approach I have used. It has been quite successful, Ive placed 1st everytime this event has happened. The key is... not letting your crops sit waiting to be harvested. If you're going to be offline, pick a crop that matches the time gap. When you are online, grind away. Good Luck everyone!
    Glad somebody else sneaks into other towns to see what's growing. I don't feel like the "creepy old guy lurking around in the fields" now

  8. #8
    Gold Member Rocky_Ruud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,674
    Thank you Charlie for so much useful information on this Event!
    Job well done!!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member JayS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    FYI - I graphed "Points vs Grow Time" scaled to a single field to show the relationship. The crop value per hour is a strictly reducing value, no "sweet spot" in the middle.

    Agriculture Event Graph.jpg

    The "X-axis" is "Grow Time" but read left to right it can be viewed as the Crops, Wheat at the Left, Silk at the Right.
    Thanks so much Charlie, saved me finding an old envelope/fag packet out.
    Will be seeing wheat fields in my sleep again. I promise I am not Theresa May

    You and hope can be my scarecrows anytime

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Glad somebody else sneaks into other towns to see what's growing. I don't feel like the "creepy old guy lurking around in the fields" now
    That's priceless lol! "Creepy old guy". My post i accidentally deleted said cdsor, ill send you a ninja uniform. Then I saw Jay's reply of us being scarecrows... Good idea Jay, scarecrows are a little less suspicious than ninjas in a farm field. 🤣

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •