Thread: Red x on box in statistics in regatta

Red x on box in statistics in regatta

I was well within my time allotment to complete a second task in regatta. I was to harvest 91 cocoa. I had 105. I kept them in my barn. I couldn't figure out how to show my task was completed. The only place I could see my task was in regatta under task journal. It showed my task as being completed. There was a wooden box with a red x in it. One task had a red x on it. The second one showed as my task and 0/91. The third task shows a green checkmark. What has happened?

Someone said I could sell my items or give them away and that they would still be counted. I had been holding them in my barn. They were taking up some precious storage.

Signed: Frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Koala0399 View Post
    I was well within my time allotment to complete a second task in regatta. I was to harvest 91 cocoa. I had 105. I kept them in my barn. I couldn't figure out how to show my task was completed. The only place I could see my task was in regatta under task journal. It showed my task as being completed. There was a wooden box with a red x in it. One task had a red x on it. The second one showed as my task and 0/91. The third task shows a green checkmark. What has happened?

Someone said I could sell my items or give them away and that they would still be counted. I had been holding them in my barn. They were taking up some precious storage.

Signed: Frustrated.
    Have had very little sleep so hope my reply makes sense
    Presuming you harvested the cocoa AFTER opening the task. Having X amount of an item already in the barn doesn't count. Once harvested you don't need to keep them.
    Unfortunately one failed task in a chest, fails the whole chest.

If the other task failed while you were harvesting your cocoa, that could explain it but am not expert enough to be certain

Thank you for that. It is poor development of the game when: 1. that isn’t explained and 2. that the task has been cancelled. I made sure I harvested right away and kept within the time restraints. It was a total waste of my time and energy.
    Last edited by Koala0399; 04-23-2020 at 03:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Thank you for that. It is poor development of the game when: 1. that isn’t explained and 2. that the task has been cancelled. I made sure I harvested right away and kept within the time restraints. It was a total waste of my time and energy.
    Yvw. Yes extremely frustrating. A server lag would explain several harvests missing but not 0/91. I always plant an extra row as my internet connection frequently cuts out.

During a Interseasonal, good communication thru chat is really important. Does your coop usually finish wood chests?

In mine, we only finish gold and precious chests. For iron and wood, we take any easy tasks but dump the chest before it is finished.

It wasn't a complete waste tho, as your completed task does still count toward coop goals.