Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Township Forum closing down

Johnalex Zarco
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    There are now 100 themes to choose from 8n the unofficial forum,
    So you can design it as you wish
    Yes, the mods and admins there have done a fabulous job. I can tell you that right now, I am there to stay and ready to say bye to the old forums

20200616_114725.jpg
    Great news for the family group!
    Congratulations!

Wondering if I'm the only one looking at the number of thumbs up and the number of times members bothered to post a GIF file, an emoticon or the word 'congratulations'.
    Oh well, it's just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post

Wondering if I'm the only one looking at the number of thumbs up and the number of times members bothered to post a GIF file, an emoticon or the word 'congratulations'.
    Where do you see that (on the pic?)? and I'm not sure I follow your thought here - what does it tell you, whether someone posted a GIF, f.e. ...?
    IIRC, the statement was Playrix has "millions of players"; they'd be a bit away from that still.
    Well, a "family" with 200k members is quite big, though, indeed.

Is the poster a Playrix employee, do you happen to know?

Let's watch the bigger picture.

460 on the left side stands for the Likes in any form.

74 is the amount of comments, viable after clicking on 'opmerkingen' or 'comments'.

BTW Yesterday on Instagram Township celebrated the 800k followers on that platform.

Isn't that our surfergirl on his shoulders?

Thanks for the explanations, Ruud That's indeed small numbers.

Isn't that our surfergirl on his shoulders?
    I'd think so, but if you are referring to my question about the employee: I meant the posting person with "poster" (Kim etc).

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Thanks for the explanations, Ruud That's indeed small numbers.

"Isn't that our surfergirl on his shoulders?"

I'd think so, but if you are referring to my question about the employee: I meant the posting person with "poster" (Kim etc).
    Kim Etcetera is one of the Moderators there, and that team has changed again. Bess is no longer a Mod and Nevada is the Admin.

Johnalex Zarco
    [..] BTW Yesterday on Instagram Township celebrated the 800k followers on that platform.
    And what's most interesting a fairly good-size portion of those followers are people who are on both the FB page and on Instagram (IG), so it's not likely they've got millions of followers.

Kim Etcetera is one of the Moderators there, and that team has changed again. Bess is no longer a Mod and Nevada is the Admin.
    Thanks again, Ruud!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    And what's most interesting a fairly good-size portion of those followers are people who are on both the FB page and on Instagram (IG), so it's not likely they've got millions of followers.
    lol, I believe that, just curious: how can you see that? they probably have a verrrrry longgggg siggie with all that info? *G*
    and btw, the statement so far (!) was only millions of players.

Johnalex Zarco
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    lol, I believe that, just curious: how can you see that? they probably have a verrrrry longgggg siggie with all that info? *G*
    and btw, the statement so far (!) was only millions of players.
    I can't see that. Instagram and Facebook (both owned by Facebook) will tell you how many followers a page has, but otherwise you can't. It's just a guess.
    Players, followers, whatever. Most people who follow will also likely be playing the game and visa versa.

Have you checked out the new forums? We had a small discussion about you on there!

... Most people who follow will also likely be playing the game and visa versa.
    Thanks for your reply I'd just contradict the bolded part and simply say that this "turn-around" of the statement is not true IMO, not even for "most" only, and esp. not re. FB (alone from reading comments here in the forum and then in this thread, not to mention what our Data protection officer at work says about it (his official group travels through Germany informing youngsters at school about the risks, seen as so important they work for that voluntarily)).

Have you checked out the new forums? We had a small discussion about you on there!
    about me? didn't know how to reach me?
    and lol, yes - I was one of the first ppl there If you find out there how to search for members you'll find my name.
    I just didn't want to give up this forum too fast, when they prolonged the open-time here, seeing still so many sad posts about losing a town or simply questions - and Playrix retiring from here already, dread working almost alone, and myself not having time for several fora.
    Ah'll be back (there)! :-D