Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Township Forum closing down

Tweaking of Signatures & Other Forum Info

Greetings All! With the forum in its final days, I thought I’d pass along a suggestion regarding your personal (profile) information and post signatures.

As the forum will be read-only after the designated date, and it will no longer be possible to log in, it may be of interest to some to tweak or even delete some or all personal information, town signatures, etc. This info will be permanently visible until the forum goes dark; if there are those who wish to tidy up and take control of their information, now is the time to do it. Best wishes to all!

Great tip, Eagle.One.
    I took away my current level status from my signature, because this type of information also becomes outdated quickly and can no longer be kept up to date.

I wonder if changing usernames, not for me(!) but for those who have personal information like email address in it, could the be changed quickly within the 8, 7, 6, 5, 4,... days before the final close down.

I just added a date beside my level.

Really helpful suggestion.

I have deleted all forum friends and friend requests as part of my cleanup. Please don't take offense. It isn't anything anyone did.

Johnalex Zarco
    Thank-you for the tip. I am going to be deleting my account in soon after the forums are closed, probably early July. I've been planning to do this for awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    Thank-you for the tip. I am going to be deleting my account in soon after the forums are closed, probably early July. I've been planning to do this for awhile now.
    Dear friend Red Lion,
    If you want to do this, I advise you to act on this BEFORE the closure of the Forum next week.
    After that date it will not work anymore, after all it is closed then!

All depends on what your purpose for deleting your account is.

If you delete your forum account, the only thing that will change is on the far left of all your posts.
    It will show:

Johnalex Zarco

On a working forum you can no longer edit, post ors and send and receive PMs; you can only here.
    And that is what will remain for all of us later on.

So maybe you can blank your entire signature for those in settings, making that personal data invisible, if that's what you had in mind.

Delete all your posts? That is also possible, even in the already closed Lounge.
    A lot of work and in the Lounge it means edit by removing all text.

I hope for you you reach what you have in mind on time.

Johnalex Zarco
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Dear friend Red Lion,
    If you want to do this, I advise you to act on this BEFORE the closure of the Forum next week.
    After that date it will not work anymore, after all it is closed then!

All depends on what your purpose for deleting your account is.

If you delete your forum account, the only thing that will change is on the far left of all your posts.
    It will show:

Johnalex Zarco

On a working forum you can no longer edit, post ors and send and receive PMs; you can only here.
    And that is what will remain for all of us later on.

So maybe you can blank your entire signature for those in settings, making that personal data invisible, if that's what you had in mind.

Delete all your posts? That is also possible, even in the already closed Lounge.
    A lot of work and in the Lounge it means edit by removing all text.

I hope for you you reach what you have in mind on time.
    I don't think Playrix is deleting the forums (they did say they will be read only), so I would presume I could still delete my account after 24th of June. Really, with the forums being read only, there is not really a purpose for deleting my account. The initial purpose was because having an account was no longer necessary as I really don't do much on these forums. We've also discussed some of the issues I have had with this forum in particular, and I've mentioned this to the new forum admin on the unofficial forum as well, and it just doesn't seem like I have a place on here anymore. Nonetheless, I don't see what keeping my forum account after the closing would do, so it doesn't really matter. I am curious though, the only reason I haven't deleted my accouunt prior to the 24th is I want to see what it looks like having an account and what actions might still be possible with an account #TeenCuriosity

You have a clear point on the forums and I am also curious about what it will be like after June 24th.
    I don't know if you (or anyone else here) ever wrote in the other forums and have already checked if your posts can still be edited there.
    I think it's worth an experiment.

I have a couple of posts in the Fishdom forum, and there is no option to edit my posts there since it was closed

Johnalex Zarco
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    You have a clear point on the forums and I am also curious about what it will be like after June 24th.
    I don't know if you (or anyone else here) ever wrote in the other forums and have already checked if your posts can still be edited there.
    I think it's worth an experiment.
    Per Downton, doesn't sound like they can be. I have a few posts in the other forums, but I mainly play Township so I am mainly in this one.