Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 139

Thread: Township Forum closing down

  1. #61
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    93
    I agree. Iam not one that lives and dies by Facebook. In fact I dont use it. I always felt ostracized because I didnt use it. I also felt left out of the events and other things related to Township that were on FB.

  2. #62
    [QUOTE=Rocky_Ruud;1661525]Dear Dreadnought,




    "There is a whole community here that resists to share their personal information with Facebook and that would mean they will be left behind with only what once was a great platform."

    I agree with Rocky. I do not Facebook though I have 2 accounts. Facebook requires a cell number to link then pings it constantly throughout the day. I refused to tie a number to my personal Facebook account, so cannot even get in to see what my nieces and nephews are writing. This forum was GREAT. I am so sad to see it go but will get on and post if a new one pops up.

  3. #63
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    87
    [QUOTE=Neighbor Jane;1667895]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Dear Dreadnought,




    "There is a whole community here that resists to share their personal information with Facebook and that would mean they will be left behind with only what once was a great platform."

    I agree with Rocky. I do not Facebook though I have 2 accounts. Facebook requires a cell number to link then pings it constantly throughout the day. I refused to tie a number to my personal Facebook account, so cannot even get in to see what my nieces and nephews are writing. This forum was GREAT. I am so sad to see it go but will get on and post if a new one pops up.
    Are you aware that there is another township form that has opened. I don't mean the Facebook one but one that some of the people on here have opened, it is great, like this one. If you Google township forum you will find it.

  4. #64
    Anna Petrova has kindly put a link to our new forum in a post here

  5. #65
    Why is this forum closing in July? Will support be moving strictky to Facebook? Or is a new forum coming?

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Kempton View Post
    Why is this forum closing in July? Will support be moving strictky to Facebook? Or is a new forum coming?
    This was the official announcement from the Playrix Admin, explaining the changes:

    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Hey Townshippers!

    We’ve always been proud to be a part of such a devoted community like you guys. The ideas and feedback you share help us make the game even better!

    We have come to the decision to close down our Forum and make it read-only by Friday, Jun 26th, 2020. But Township Family, our official Fan Group on Facebook is a perfect sub for it. The largest number of Township players from around the globe to interact, share ideas or design solutions, meet new friends, and celebrate achievements—all in one go!🤩


    IMPORTANT NOTE 📌 Folks, please keep in mind that you’ll still be able to view the existing discussions on our Forum. However, posting, commenting, and messaging options will be closed for all users.

    We’re looking forward to seeing you in our Township Family Group!

    Thank you for your understanding 🙏
    The Playrix Team
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    We have come to the decision to close down our Forum and make it read-only by Friday, Jun 26th, 2020. But Township Family, our official Fan Group on Facebook is a perfect sub for it. The largest number of Township players from around the globe to interact, share ideas or design solutions, meet new friends, and celebrate achievements—all in one go!🤩
    I am sorry, I have to whole heartedly and fully disagree. I have been using computers since 1987, even ran a single line BBS back in the day. I have been using FB since its inception, and find it as a very poor replacement sub for a well run and well maintained forum. Good luck finding specific information which is difficult at best, and lord help you finding that information a second time should you need too.

    Though that would explain why I could not post in the "to request change in user name post here" thread. I am hopeful, but won't hold my breath that they may see the support these forums have and change their mind. I have run vBulliten on a site before. So I know it can't be that big of a drain on resources

    .. sigh ..

  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    The Beeline co-op
    Posts
    192
    Hey there Daniel. I started in 1986 at 1200 baud on a fat Mac. Ran a BBS back then and a forum later during the Web's Golden Age. Facebook is not only a dreadfully incoherent communication platform but it is rife with security risks and privacy concerns. Playrix makes good use of FB with their eye candy and can attract more eyes, but their graphic sweetness attracts too much sour grapes by young, whining readers. Still, FB is the preferred choice for younger players and Playrix' growth potential is with them, not us "ancients." Mossy over to the Unofficial Township Forum and check it out. You may find it suitable. Cheers!

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Míc Miller View Post
    Hey there Daniel. I started in 1986 at 1200 baud on a fat Mac. Ran a BBS back then and a forum later during the Web's Golden Age. Facebook is not only a dreadfully incoherent communication platform but it is rife with security risks and privacy concerns. Playrix makes good use of FB with their eye candy and can attract more eyes, but their graphic sweetness attracts too much sour grapes by young, whining readers. Still, FB is the preferred choice for younger players and Playrix' growth potential is with them, not us "ancients." Mossy over to the Unofficial Township Forum and check it out. You may find it suitable. Cheers!
    Ha, young whippersnappers! I remember upgrading my house modem to 150/300, I was in heaven Mid-70's if I remember correctly

    Ah, the DARPAnet and ListServ's and USEnet Newsgroups. Now there was some anarchy in action. FB reminds me a lot of those days, Flame Wars, Grammar Police, all the bad human interactions in one place.

    I tried the Official FB Groups but I think I'll withdraw. FB is no place to try to post an explanation or a strategy intended to help people. It gets buried in the cacophony of short posts, either about themselves or town characters violating social distancing. Not a single thought longer than 100 characters (if that).

    And by the time you've seen the same question about the regatta or an event or a co-op or whatever for the 1000th time you just give up wanting to answer. No way to point people to the perfectly reasonable answer you gave an hour before, it's under an avalanche of "here's my friend code" or "join my co-op" or pictures of some guy with a pot-bellied pig on a leash.

    Nope, not a good repository of knowledge at all. Great for the "look at me" generation.

  10. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    The Beeline co-op
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Ha, young whippersnappers! I remember upgrading my house modem to 150/300, I was in heaven Mid-70's if I remember correctly
    While you were doing that I was coding animated computer graphics (MIDAS) on an IBM 360 System with Hollerith cards and a 10" Tektronic 4010. (It was such a cute little green screen.)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •