Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Township Forum closing down

@AnnaPetrova is the closing of this forum a preview of the whole game disappearing? @AnnaPetrova ????? Please could you answer.....

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    @AnnaPetrova is the closing of this forum a preview of the whole game disappearing? @AnnaPetrova ????? Please could you answer.....
    Absolutely not, JJay. No need to worry 🐮

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Hello everyone,

I understand how upsetting the news might be; it was not an easy decision to make. Our community means the world to us, and the Forum has always been and always will be special to us. I agree that using Facebook might cause some inconveniences like a lot of different info and posts to handle. But our mods work hard on making it a welcoming environment with useful learning tips and tricks for the players (now, that was a small spoiler ������). So some quality improvements are on the way.

Good job in setting up an unofficial forum, I've added the link to it in our announcement. I would also like to inform you that we've made some corrections—our Forum will be fully running till Jun 26th ������

Regards,
    Anna
    Thank you Anna for kindly putting a link to our Unofficial Forum in your Announcement. I will miss this forum dearly, but am thankful it will keep its doors open a little longer.

I hope we will speak again before this, but would like to wish you all the best for your future endeavours. Although FB is not for me, I wish you and all your team on The Facebook Township Family Group success also

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Hello everyone,

I understand how upsetting the news might be; it was not an easy decision to make. Our community means the world to us, and the Forum has always been and always will be special to us. I agree that using Facebook might cause some inconveniences like a lot of different info and posts to handle. But our mods work hard on making it a welcoming environment with useful learning tips and tricks for the players (now, that was a small spoiler 😉). So some quality improvements are on the way.

Good job in setting up an unofficial forum, I've added the link to it in our announcement. I would also like to inform you that we've made some corrections—our Forum will be fully running till Jun 26th 💚

Regards,
    Anna
    Thanks Eagle1 for expressing what most forum users are feeling so eloquently. The majority don't post, but DO read.

Thanks Anna, for 'stay of execution' and for including link to the new unofficial forum.
    Any plans to create a website to share tips and info re game features and updates?? No matter how good the FB admins are, and they are, it is not a great platform, especially for those who don't use it, for finding answers to questions you didn't know you didn't know, if that makes sense - have had innumerable 'lightbulb' moments here just from reading admins and experienced players answers to questions I'd never even thought about.

Wow! Thanks so much to everyone who's helped me in this game. There's tons of things I could have done, and caused myself all sorts of game grief, where it not for the advice of people here. I always hate it when game forums shut down, even if I'm not super active in them. I've been active in several over the years, and I miss those conversations. Sad to see it go.

Forum Closure (read only)

I for one will be very sorry to see this forum just be 'read only' and be forced to use Facebook if I want to discuss anything. I am not a fan of Facebook and think it is a very sad decision.
    Faros

Unfortunately, FB seems to be the way forward for many mobile games. Developers want to squeeze every dollar, so when the licence runs out for the web forum tools, they just shut them down and expect the player base to migrate to FB. Personally, I dislike FB for game discussions. For one, helpful topics and productive discussions just go on a timeline, rather than searchable, nested threads. The other thing is it always feels like the game devs are asking you to give up far more privacy and personal information than you might otherwise be willing to. If I play their game and maybe spend a few bucks on it every now and again, then all they need to know is my account holder details. Anything else, and they should be offering me compensation, given how valuable that information is for developing sales and marketing strategies.

This is not the first game I've played that decided FB was a better place for its community than its forums. Other games I've seen this happen in tended to give reasons like more active users on FB, licence for the web tools that the forum is built on has expired and FB has more players with linked accounts, FB allows more detailed snapshots of player infographics to be collected which then can be used to improve player experience. Reading between the lines all that really translates to is money, resources and inflated perception of player engagement. It's all a win for the dev/publisher rather than the balance tipped toward the player in any form. I don't hold high expectations that the move to FB will be any different to those other games. Things like asking questions or seeking advice on the game just don't work as well on a platform that tends to push everything down its timeline. At least on a forum, you can sort it into subforums with search functionality. FB just seems to encourage begging type posts more than anything else when it comes to games.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    Unfortunately, FB seems to be the way forward for many mobile games. Developers want to squeeze every dollar, so when the licence runs out for the web forum tools, they just shut them down and expect the player base to migrate to FB. Personally, I dislike FB for game discussions. For one, helpful topics and productive discussions just go on a timeline, rather than searchable, nested threads.
    I agree. Facebook is entirely ill suited for forum discussions. Everything is just a chaotic jumble of anything and everything anyone wanted to post. Because nothing is organized, nobody bother to read anything anyone else has posted.

I think the grasp FB seems to have over mobile gaming is yet another aspect Congress needs to look at when they get back to their FB AntiTrust investigating.

I‘m very sad and disappointed in the decision of the developers to shut down this great platform and trying to push us to facebook and I don‘t understand it, since the forum members were always active, and a lot of players found and still find help here. This was my first forum I subscribed since I‘m not active in social networks at all. But here I found so much helpful information, always friendly, polite and accomodating users, that I wanted to become a member in this great family. And it was a warm welcome. I met a lot of people here I could imagine to become friends with also in real life. Although I was not a very active user I visited the forum nearly daily, I read a lot and I laughed a lot, thank you all folks! Thank you Dreadnought and Nevada for still remainig here, giving us the latest informations and helping us with troubles. And a huge thank you to Ruud, Downton and DD for building a new forum for us!
    FBFC7FD5-B9AA-4501-A1B3-37A548EEB7D6.gif