Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Township Forum closing down

Quote Originally Posted by Hope1982 View Post
    If I'm correct, it orginally said April and then was changed to June. But....I am also wondering what happened to the "unofficial" site as well.
    Excellent! So, not only am I not having a twilight zone moment, my observation skills aren't in need of service either. Good to know lol. I'm glad it's been extended a little bit. I would have missed having no forum to visit for game stuff (since people I know personally are not interested in that conversation).

Dear friends, I understand very well that you want to talk about 'certain situations elsewhere'.
    Please keep the following in mind: promoting non-Playrix communities is against the rules of this Forum(nr. 12).
    And even with the announced closure of this Forum, it is only respectful to follow those rules.

The fact that Anna / Dreadnought have placed a referring link in the first post of both threads is therefore very generous of them!
    So please show your appreciation for this IMO unique gift.

You could imagine this as the milkman who stops selling cheese and soon willl only sell butter, both milk products, but slightly different.
    There are regular customers who would still like to buy cheese. They have acquaintance on a new cheese farmer so they ask the milkman if he wants to advertise for this starting milkman so their fellow customers can visit the newbee too.

The milkman understands his customers and places a small poster with the details of the other milkman on his shop window knowing the change of products will be next Friday .
    But by circumstances the switch from cheese to butter gets a delay of two months so he will be selling cheese for a longer time. After a nice weekend he wants to open his shop and sees that his entire shop window is stuck with advertising notes from his 'competitor'! "Hello customers, I am still in cheese business!"
    The chances are very high that the cheese farmer will remove ALL advertisements from that other cheese farmer including the small one he placed himself.

The customers who came up with the idea know where to find the other cheese farmer. Customers who have missed all of this, because they did not come to this cheese farmer that often, find only butter in his shop, no other cheese can be found in the whole area, at least that they know off.
    Of course I like to emphasize there is nothing wrong with butter!

So please be careful if you want to talk about the subject, for the aforementioned reasons this is not the right place for that.

Of course I could not have said anything about this, but what if one day you find the link is gone and for people who then read the closure message the choice between two alternatives is also gone.

We are allowed to make a choice, the Admin Team listened to us and that is something I really appreciate, thanks again for that possibility.
    Please keep this in mind, please don't ruin this for another members / friends.

Kind regards,
    Ruud

ETA: This message was certainly not intended to be pedantic, but was motivated by personal experience of being a bit too enthusiastic in recent past .
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 05-02-2020 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Add text

I was truly shocked to read that this forum will be read only soon and Eagle One said it all for me in a way I couldn’t, so thank you Eagle. I’ve got used to reading all of the knowledgeable and helpful posts on here and want to thank everyone. I’ve tried to share my knowledge of the game too when I could.
    I’m not a great fan of Facebook and don’t want to join the megalithic social giant for various reasons so I was pleased to hear there’s an unofficial Township forum which I’ve joined a day or two ago.
    However I’m very sad this forum is closing and wish you all well wherever you choose to post in future either on Facebook or the new forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Dear Dreadnought,
    Thank you very much for the hard work you did in the good years we had here.
    I know, Bess and Nevada will give us a warm welcome on their FB group.
    Can I have the name of their group I'd like to join it

Quote Originally Posted by specialj501 View Post
    Can I have the name of their group I'd like to join it

https://www.facebook.com/groups/township.official/

It's called Township Family.
    There's also a link to it at top of TS Mobile FB page
    Last edited by JayS; 04-30-2020 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Dear friends, I understand very well that you want to talk about 'certain situations elsewhere'.
    Please keep the following in mind: promoting non-Playrix games or platforms is against the rules of this Forum.
    And even with the announced closure of this Forum, it is only respectful to follow those rules.

The fact that Anna / Dreadnought have placed a referring link in the first post of both threads is therefore very generous of them!
    So please show your appreciation for this IMO ... .
    My apologies

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    In the unnoficial forum, they did put up a notice explaining they would be doing maintenance and not to worry.
    Well, this maintenance is still in progress, for 2 or 3 days I think. Hope is nothing wrong and they will go on. I just join and before I can log again the forum was closed.
    I try to look township FB even before, but to messy for me. Just articles with replays and no structure. If no forum will work there will be no place for me to look and share.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatjana Gaberc View Post
    Well, this maintenance is still in progress, for 2 or 3 days I think. Hope is nothing wrong and they will go on. I just join and before I can log again the forum was closed.
    I try to look township FB even before, but to messy for me. Just articles with replays and no structure. If no forum will work there will be no place for me to look and share.
    Don’t worry the other forum will be there, lease bear in mind it is new to the admins there as well and it takes a long time to arrange things and set everything up. They have assured us it will open again as soo as the work has been done..please be patient.

Thank you Cuddz, I will wait.

I for one DO NOT TRUST or use Facebook. Not since I heard of them changing terms of use years ago to their benefit WITHOUT telling anyone it changed. ( Plus I like a forum for me to read when I want, NOT an app poping up notifications frequently.)