Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Township Forum closing down

Johnalex Zarco
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I agree, the Wiki is more for information about the game. Their forum mainly consists of questions, too I just meant to clarify re. the remark "if there is one".

We will have time to talk this over, over there
    Here, in this forum, is already a thread explaining how to add a screenshot, and you would be the first not to manage it.
    Or just ask in the other place - tell your OS (pls!), so someone with the same can answer.
    ETA: just saw Johnalex' post - I don't think a PM is necessary; just post your question, when it is not already described there.

Also important: most often, screenshots are simply too big in size for what is allowed in fora.
    Before trying to upload in a forum, search online for a free tool to "compress png" (or jpeg) or "shrink pdf" (one can switch there then) - it's quite easy then.
    YOU with all your thoughtful attentiveness won't tell me you plan to stop learning sthg new?
    Whatever works for him/her, I just offered my assistance. He/she can post in the forums and someone (me or someone else otherwise) will be able to help him/her there as well.

Do take note, there really isn't a size limit that I've seen on the new forums compared to this forum. I might be wrong though, as I haven't tried uploading anything bigger than a screenshot. It also doesn't appear to be OS-based, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    I didn't even know IMDB had a forum, and I haven't even heard of Moviechat. Must've had a lot of time, as I don't know of any software that can do that (though I am sure on exists, one always exists in the modern era)
    I used to use HTTrack Website Copier, but, in these days of websites bloated with adverts, it seems to have become very difficult to filter out the bad. Maybe it's just my age addled brain can't cope with the complexities of the app anymore. Perhaps there is a more 'simple' website crawler/copier now.

Whatever works for him/her, I just offered my assistance. He/she can post in the forums and someone (me or someone else otherwise) will be able to help him/her there as well.

Do take note, there really isn't a size limit that I've seen on the new forums compared to this forum. I might be wrong though, as I haven't tried uploading anything bigger than a screenshot. It also doesn't appear to be OS-based, which is nice.
    That's a really nice offer Johnalex

The new forum accepts and resizes the images as you guessed. Though I would recommend not using super huge pictures, so that if people choose the view full size option, they are able to see the picture all in one, rather than it scrolling off the page

Johnalex Zarco
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiosnic View Post
    I used to use HTTrack Website Copier, but, in these days of websites bloated with adverts, it seems to have become very difficult to filter out the bad. Maybe it's just my age addled brain can't cope with the complexities of the app anymore. Perhaps there is a more 'simple' website crawler/copier now.
    I don't even know what HTTrack is. I use Opera Browser, so ads aren't an issue (it has a built-in adblocker and it's really good). Ads make everything more difficult to deal with.

Johnalex Zarco
    Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    That's a really nice offer Johnalex

The new forum accepts and resizes the images as you guessed. Though I would recommend not using super huge pictures, so that if people choose the view full size option, they are able to see the picture all in one, rather than it scrolling off the page
    So I can't share my lifesize computer drawing of the continent of Asia? Darn! (JK)

Whatever works for him/her, I just offered my assistance.
    yep, me too we are both sweet persons. I just said a query like that doesn't need to be in private; the answer might be helpful for many (if it isn't there already).

Do take note, there really isn't a size limit that I've seen on the new forums compared to this forum. ...
    I was more posting advice for "here, there and everywhere".

Well I think DD and Johnalex are 2 of the nicest and most helpful people there are.

And nothing needs to be done in private, thus us a forum...it’s here to help players, not hide the solution away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    Well I think DD and Johnalex are 2 of the nicest and most helpful people there are.
    lol, thanks - together with you (and some others)

Hi everyone,

I'd like to say a big thank you to all members of this forum for their contributions to what was a great platform for discussing a game we all love, sharing their town designs and giving inspiration to others, dreaming of changes we'd like to see, and arguing about everything else! But most of all, for the constant willingness to help others with any issues they might've come here to find a solution for.

I'm proud to have been a part of all this, i had a blast, and will miss this forum greatly!

Best wishes to all, and see you in-game!
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES