Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Township Forum closing down

Eagle, I could not agree with you more, nor could I have stated it more eloquently!
    I've been a "lurker", but a daily reader. In addition to the invaluable advice/tips I've received, I've also been impressed and gratified by the level of literacy, humor, compassion, and character of so many of the participants. I saw the obvious fondness people felt for each other. The camaraderie is incredible, and warmed the cockles of my heart!
    I suspect the same people will be on the new "forum". I hope so.

C’est la vie. Township has changed a lot and was no longer fun but a grueling chore for me. I believe what pushed me over the edge was the deceptive advertising that Township felt compelled to incorporate in order to gain interest in the game. One can say that “they all do it”. No, they don’t. Just the greedy ones. Don’t be afraid of “letting go”. I did several years ago from Township and I couldn’t be happier about that choice. Maybe the closing of this forum will be a reality check for some and decide it’s time to “jump ship.”
    Goodbye everyone!

Thruve
    Why is it closing and becoming read only? Are they trying to save on payroll for a few possible paid moderators or something? Are they just trying to shove us all into a singular platform that better serves as an advertising piece?

Eh.. I dislike advertising my hobbies on Facebook -_-. This site is a separate avenue for me to secretly engage with a community I share a hobby with. So Lame..
    Last edited by Thruve; 04-28-2020 at 06:19 AM.

confused. is it closed or not? also, does anyone know what happened with the other one?

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    confused. is it closed or not? also, does anyone know what happened with the other one?
    The forum remains fully operational until June 26th, as Anna announced it here.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    The forum remains fully operational until June 26th, as Anna announced it here.
    June? I swear I read April. That's good to know. I was having a totally weird twilight zone moment there for a second. thanks.

June? I swear I read April. That's good to know. I was having a totally weird twilight zone moment there for a second. thanks.
    If I'm correct, it orginally said April and then was changed to June. But....I am also wondering what happened to the "unofficial" site as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope1982 View Post
    If I'm correct, it orginally said April and then was changed to June. But....I am also wondering what happened to the "unofficial" site as well.
    A new note was added that they should be back up soon.
    I know they were working on stuff and I think they may have crashed

You are correct it did say April 25. I know...because I didn't know it changed and had to scramble to find my posts in a couple groups and update them with the new date.

I for one and happy about the extension...gives a bit more time to transfer some of the fun posts and informative ones over to the "Unofficial Township" forum.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 04-29-2020 at 04:58 PM.

It did say April and Anna changed it to July.

In the unnoficial forum, they did put up a notice explaining they would be doing maintenance and not to worry.