Thread: The Township times

The Township times

Hopping has become quite institutionalized by now don’t you think? Everybody does that it would seem. Well, I have actually never done it, but one cannot deny it is healthy for the game. And this is hopping week and so you will see some of your friend’s icons proudly display their hopping banner.

So, is there a “Father of Hopping” and who would that be? This is in the realm of opinions but in my mind it would be ShadowRune. He had trouble presenting his ideas in a way that could be understood and was ridiculed by some when he tried, but he did try to write an early version of a user’s guide to hopping. He had a volatile short time on our Forum. ShadowRune, the Father of Hopping.

Well, the next anniversary for Township will be the 7th right? Wow, seven years! Each year they do something with that BFF Fountain but what in the world can they do with it this year? Six years and we have a Cow, Chicken, Sheep, Pig, Ducks, and Otters. We just got mushrooms so maybe they could put some kind of fungus on the statue. We’ll see.

Some have recently asked “What is the point?” of a certain area of your Township game and I really like the way a senior member patiently and kindly answered this question. He mentioned some like to decorate and I know I do. Did some this morning in fact. It was the perfect thing to get my mind off of my mind and we all need a distraction and especially with what is going on in our world.

So, rework an area of your town and get ready for room(s) in your town hall. Good things are coming from Playrix.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post

So, is there a “Father of Hopping” and who would that be? This is in the realm of opinions but in my mind it would be ShadowRune. He had trouble presenting his ideas in a way that could be understood and was ridiculed by some when he tried, but he did try to write an early version of a user’s guide to hopping. He had a volatile short time on our Forum. ShadowRune, the Father of Hopping.
    Hi Cobalt. Great to see the revival of the Township Times, and really hope it will become a regular feature again

Just wanted to say that whilst ShadowRune might have been the first to post here about hopping, it was actually already happening (though it wasn't called hopping at the time). I'm not suggesting for a moment that he (or she) copied the idea, but, not wanting to offend anyone, I believe it started in Russia very early on, and has grown since then into what it is today. I remember ShadowRune's posts well....which just goes to show how old I am on this forum

Stay well.

Sorry, but this is the first time I've heard of 'hopping'. What do you mean by that?

Quote Originally Posted by singzeon View Post
    Sorry, but this is the first time I've heard of 'hopping'. What do you mean by that?
    Here's an excellent description:
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...=1#post1396512

It happens mostly during IS, and no, it's not forbidden (although Playrix tried, IMO)
    Last edited by _DD_; 04-21-2020 at 06:39 AM. Reason: and thanks, Cobalt :)

And the post where ShadowRune talks about the Booster Exchange can be found here.

Before I forget (and don't have the possibility to post after this Friday)

Good to see you didn't loose your writing skills, Cobalt!

As a co-decoration adept I agree that that kind of activity is indeed really relaxing
    This morning I cleaned up the Easter area in my town to start up a new one based on the theme of next Regatta: Nighthood!

About ShadowRune, nothing wrong with your memory too BTW, I found a little mistake on that.
    The information about his idea of hopping was shared by his new accountant ShadowRuneGhost. Same thread, other post

Rocky_Ruud, you are a class act and I look forward to getting to know you better on the new unofficial Forum.

Kind regards,
    Cobalt
    Last edited by Cobalt Banana; 04-23-2020 at 02:43 AM.

Great to see you Cobalt. Ah you bring back memories, ShadowRune was definitely very passionate about any subject he entered into. Though I think I could be rather 'passionate' myself I used to check the page he had set up for his co-op and was disappointed to see hadn't continued on with it.

I recently lost my mojo a little bit with decorations. Something you seem to not have suffered from. Your town is still one of my favourites

Lol, I can't wait to see what is added to the fountain for our long term Townshippers. Fungus? Well knowing playrix it may well be. It might even look quite nice

See you on the other side!
    Last edited by Downton; 04-23-2020 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post

See you on the other side!
    Count me in Downton. Thanks for making this possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post
    Rocky_Ruud, you are a class act and I look forward to getting to know you better on the new unofficial Forum.

Kind regards,
    Cobalt
    Your threads, with humor and that little twist, were very nice to read and really popular.
    You recently talked about the new colours that can take over your job.
    In my opinion the rainbow is not complete without that deep dark shining blue of you!
    So I'm looking forward to see you on the other side!