Thread: Concern for future Prof. Experiments:

Thruve

Concern for future Prof. Experiments:

So far there has been two ‘Professor Experiment’ events and based off the trend set forth by the 2nd event, I’m concerned that the 3rd one coming up in less than a month is going to be more null in comparison to the previous two since they have more stats to balance the event out. The second event did not contain a few of the perks from the 1st event that really made it stand out. For example Im still drowning from the amount of ore I have left over from the 1st event (generous market perk + Cut dealer time in half buff = constantly buying ore) and I’ve been smelting this entire time to consistently upgrade my factories. The 2nd event was a bit weaker in my opinion but still allowed us to mass craft factory items with enough storage to hold everything in time for the 2x helicopter coin event that went on as the event ended. I ran 2x coin in conjunction with this short lived 2x coin event at the end to maximize profit. On the other hand the 2nd event did contain the rail cars Perk which I felt allowed me to upgrade my barn 1 extra time in comparison to the 1st event. I’m Curious as to your thoughts on future Prof. Experiment events...

Do you think they’ll continue to balance out the perks to them, using each new run of the event for feedback as to how to balance them out?

I see they’re aiming at some sort of design here by mix/matching different perks but I can’t quite grasp it. The 1st event did have the increased coin from orders perk, so actually that and the generous market perk was left out this time around and substituted for the increased crop speed and rail cars.

1st event = more coins, ore, and goods.
    2nd event = More barn storage, building materials, and crops.
    Last edited by Thruve; 04-16-2020 at 04:59 PM.

From what i know about the experiments, i can say that they were never meant to be identical with each implementation. So i guess we'll find that in future experiments, the perks/rewards will be different again (although they might repeat at some point), we'll have new skins for different buildings, etc.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Each event had some different bonus perks and I think that's better than having every event identical. Hopefully we will see the first event bonuses again in some future lab event.

The second one had the double train commodities which, combined with bonus barn space from the gold pass, enabled me to build two zoo enclosures, my first in many months, plus at least 5 or 6 land expansions.

One thing that I was glad to see was that the rewards themselves did not drop off between the two events. They were nearly identical.

I don't think we should be concerned. I mean, you didn't even list all the perks.

1st event:
    Materials request in the co-op chat
    Generous market
    Spacious Barn
    Speedy construction
    Generous customer

2nd event:
    Materials request in the co-op chat
    Helping hands
    Spacious barn
    Rich fields
    Spacious railcars

I think the first one was better, but only because of the generous market perk and it was fresh. They changed generous market to helping hand, which obviously rbought much more money for them. So sadly i don't think they bring that back. I loved it, could use the smelting booster and actually not run out of ores....
    I think the spacious railcars are by far better, than the speedy construction and for me - since I am swimming in coins - even better, than the generous customer. I don't think we should be concerned abut anything. We'll check the rewards, we'll decide if we want to buy it. I am guessing since we get plane skins, one of the perk is going to be about planes. Like more coins and less return time. It would make sense to me.

Heli skin - Heli perk (planes too i guess)
    Train skin - Train perk
    Plane skin - ???

It seems, that they have kept 2 perks, which is likely they will keep for the third one as well. Or at least the spacious barn. As long as we get as many rewards as before, we should be fine. Gimme that barn upgrade coupon!

I thought the rich fields bonus was especially useful, especially by the time it got to 30% time reduction. I did a couple crop tasks in regatta we normally would have dumped.

Thruve
    Well, whatever their aim is, they are surely enjoying the capital their gaining via the gold pass sales. I can definitely say that much xP the next Experiment event is not even a month away lol. This next event obviously won’t have the spacious rail cars perk again because there’s a separate event for it.
    Last edited by Thruve; 04-17-2020 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruve View Post
    Well, whatever their aim is, they are surely enjoying the capital their gaining via the gold pass sales. I can definitely say that much xP the next Experiment event is not even a month away lol. This next event obviously won’t have the spacious rail cars perk again because there’s a separate event for it.
    Oh yeah... I think we had to wait many months for the 2nd event, because the 1st one was really an experiment . They weren't sure what to expect, but it was a huge success, so they started working on the second one, but obviously it takes some time. This time, they knew it's gonna be a success again, so they started working on the 3rd much sooner. At least that's how I imagine it. It has nothing to do with game balance, obviously these are huge profit for them, so they have no reason not to do them more frequently. When they say game balance, what they really mean is their "balance". Obviously there's the risk it becomes repetitive, but the rewards are well worth the price, so even if it's repetitive, a lot of people would buy it. I would every time if we get these rewards. The coupons alone worth more imo. But be quiet! I don't want them to get any ideas...

Thruve
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketto View Post
    Oh yeah... I think we had to wait many months for the 2nd event, because the 1st one was really an experiment . They weren't sure what to expect, but it was a huge success, so they started working on the second one, but obviously it takes some time. This time, they knew it's gonna be a success again, so they started working on the 3rd much sooner. At least that's how I imagine it. It has nothing to do with game balance, obviously these are huge profit for them, so they have no reason not to do them more frequently. When they say game balance, what they really mean is their "balance". Obviously there's the risk it becomes repetitive, but the rewards are well worth the price, so even if it's repetitive, a lot of people would buy it. I would every time if we get these rewards. The coupons alone worth more imo. But be quiet! I don't want them to get any ideas...
    Oh for sure! I’ll be buying it every time it drops too lol. I’m glad they finally came out with something that’s well worth our money. I wonder if their smaller, mini transaction sales such as the piggy bank and random Tcash w/ a a deco item went down. I will never make a purchase with them again unless I feel the worth of the sale gives me as much as the gold pass does lol

I really liked the speedy construction the first time around. I had some houses and factories to finish. I also opened up more land expansions.

I also didn't open my zoo until the end of that experiment so at this time that is where the construction materials are needed. And, still working on land expansions.

I would love to see speedy construction and more construction goodies in the same experiment event. A girl can dream.