Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we sell the clay?

Can we sell the clay?

'Nother possibly dumb question, but I can't seem to locate the clay among any of the products. Is it not available for sale for some reason? (I do get overloaded with it.)

Thanks again!

You can sell it from the mine. When you're in the mine, tap the blue storage box, tap the clay, make money!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes View Post
    ... (I do get overloaded with it.) ...
    How do you know when you don't see it? <g>

And another hint: As it is in the mine, as kitelady says, it doesn't count for your storage room in the barn. I would recommend not to sell it, as it doesn't hurt/hinder, and when you need it, be it in production or for friends / trains / whatevers (I have seen it somewhere else! lol), you will be asked for lots.

ETA: aaaand factories! lol, thx, Mayfield!
    Last edited by _DD_; 04-15-2020 at 08:37 PM.

There are recipes that use clay. The first is modeling clay in the plastics factory at Level 58.

From the Wiki

Modeling Clay in Plastics Factory
    Porcelain Doll in Doll Factory
    Face mask in Perfume Factory
    Cup in Kitchenware Factory
    Teapot in Kitchenware Factory

Once we get the kitchenware factory, we use quite a bit of it.

OK. I didn't see it in the barn, but when I'd want to make the stuff in the plastics factory, I'd have something like 27 clay. Just not much call for that one product. Soooo, I guess I can sell some of it until I get to the levels that need it! THANK YOU ALL!

oh, and also the products that Mayfield listed above - also Modelling Clay (isn't it a regatta task?) - will be asked in masses.... 1 or two is not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes View Post
    OK. I didn't see it in the barn, but when I'd want to make the stuff in the plastics factory, I'd have something like 27 clay. Just not much call for that one product. Soooo, I guess I can sell some of it until I get to the levels that need it! THANK YOU ALL!
    I agree with _DD_. I wouldn't sell it either. Sometimes the plane asks for 8 or 9 pieces per crate. And the kitchenware factory uses it up very quickly. My 2nd town has 283 clays and I certainly won't sell them, but my big town only has 2 because of teapot tasks in the regatta, and I'm having to buy it from the dealer

Yeah, I try to keep as much clay on hand as I can. I know at lower levels I always kept at least 40 that would cover the max of 36 needed on any airplane. This was when I didn't have many factories needing it. Now I panic if I don't have at least 100!

It seems like when I get one plane or train needing an item that uses clay, I get a bunch. I've been having to buy it from the dealer to keep up the last few days. Cause I haven't been mining... saving up for Mine Time

Another good reason to keep it is for the Industrial Boom event!

HavaDrPepper - SAME! I've been saving up tools since the last Mine Time and I am always out of clay now. I buy it any time it pops up in my market. Can't wait for Mine Time!

I just leveled up to, now, mine clay and I keep hoping the train doesn't ask for any before mine time starts. I've been saving all my tools for that and I really don't want to use any of them on looking for clay for trains, before that event. Up to this point I haven't mined since the last mine time (I've bought my ore when needed). Kind of hoping it's not requested too much on trains (I don't do many planes unless it's for an event or I need to get rid of stuff)