Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hammer Time Event

Hammer Time Event

A new event is coming up!

Judging by the announcement in the event calendar, seems to be a "drive the truck over cliffs by extending bridges" type of event, with a decorative twist.

..and the event started today:

and it is indeed a twist on the regular "build bridges" event. Feel free to share any comments/questions/thoughts about it here.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 04-23-2020 at 04:52 PM.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

I like this type of event, was hoping it wouldn’t be the one going through the crossroads.
    I’m quite looking forward to it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    I like this type of event, was hoping it wouldn’t be the one going through the crossroads.
    I’m quite looking forward to it now.
    Agreed; the crossroads events feel way too much like real life. Too much tension!
    Town name: Crabgrass Meadows
    Co-op: Peachville co-op, #PENRV9
    Playing on Samsung S8 phone

Time to pack the parachute!
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

I hope it isn't crossing busy streets but I really, really hope it isn't magic ramps from one skinny butte to another. Apart from being a miserable event style, it is totally dopey since the playable area of our towns are flat as a pancake.

Why does the mayor need another office anyway? Doesn't he work in the Town Hall?
    Last edited by Mayfield; 04-10-2020 at 12:47 AM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Why does the mayor need another office anyway? Doesn't he work in the Town Hall?
    My mayor works from home these days. Nice seaside bungalow near the ice cream shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Parieta View Post
    My mayor works from home these days. Nice seaside bungalow near the ice cream shop.
    My mayor is stuck at home as well...he has declared a lockdown in his town.
    Though it’s taking time to get the message through to his townies!

Hammer Time: Thoughts and Musings

I came earlier to read the initial vibe of this new event, but got side tracked with the forum news. Reading that the forum will be fully functioning until late June in an update post from Anna, it’s time to get back to Township business!

What are your initial thoughts/likes/concerns about this event? I’m liking it thus far! (Just wish there were some truly “new” decos, as usual.)
    Last edited by Eagle.One; 04-23-2020 at 03:21 PM.

Lamest event ever. It's only goal to drain tcash

It wouldn't be so bad except that the decoration options are all incredibly ugly. I mean three floors, all too busy; three wallpapers, all dark, all ugly? Frankly I'd rather just paint the walls a nice pale taupe.

Russian design is not at all suited to Western tastes and it is painfully clear in this event. Colors too dark, colors fairly ugly, rooms overpacked with too much everything. We see the same kind of ugly colors and overdone designs in both Homescapes and Gardenscapes. I actually quit playing Gardenscapes because it was just too painful adding another layer of tacky junk into a garden area that was really already done.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 04-23-2020 at 05:32 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad