Thread: IS change of leader

IS change of leader

What happens if the leader in a two person co-op set up for hopping leaves and the second person (who wasn't doing any tasks) is left alone in the co-op? Does the co-op know the difference, or does it keep operating with the same 2,4,7,11,17 task numbers for goals, since there is still only one player doing tasks?

I do realise that a co-op isn't a living entity, but it was the easiest way to word the question.

If I don't get an answer, I guess we'll just have to do an experiment and let you know the results.

Doug
    Windows platform
    level 74

Quote Originally Posted by douglasnorth View Post
    What happens if the leader in a two person co-op set up for hopping leaves and the second person (who wasn't doing any tasks) is left alone in the co-op? Does the co-op know the difference, or does it keep operating with the same 2,4,7,11,17 task numbers for goals, since there is still only one player doing tasks?

I do realise that a co-op isn't a living entity, but it was the easiest way to word the question.

If I don't get an answer, I guess we'll just have to do an experiment and let you know the results.

Doug
    Windows platform
    level 74
    The second person, automatically made Leader by the departure of player one, should invite player one back and not take any tasks. They can dump undesirable tasks, tell player one they need to plant cotton/pine/tomatoes/strawberries etc but if they select or start a task, the total is highly likely to increase.

ETA
    From this and previous questions it sounds like you're more interested in staying together as a team than in full blown frantic hopping. If so, several 'solutions'

Player 1 does 11 tasks in new co-op 1, then player 2 helps with last 6, before setting up new co-op 2 and doing 11 tasks, with player 1 helping with last 6 tasks, thereby equal workload.

Or, player 1 does as many as they can and player 2 only starts once player 1 exhausted.
    Bear in mind the total us likely to rise to 23 if that is after task 7, even higher if before task 7.

You can leave and be invited back in to switch rewards but those rewards reduce in quantity and quality the more often you do so.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by JayS; 04-03-2020 at 04:00 AM.