Thread: Color of Silver ingot and Platinum ore interchanged

Color of Silver ingot and Platinum ore interchanged

I wonder if it's just me who finds that the color of Silver ingot and Platinum ore is interchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyville View Post
    I wonder if it's just me who finds that the color of Silver ingot and Platinum ore is interchanged.
    Well, according to a website dedicated to jewelry smiths, you are correct:

While at first glance both silver and platinum appear silver in color, the two metals are actually easily discernible to the naked eye. Both have gray undertones, unlike white gold which has a warmer, yellow undertone, but platinum is much brighter and shinier and silver has a duller, gray appearance.
    Of course it's not the first time the game and reality diverged. Wouldn't want to change it now, too many people used to the way the game presents it. Also, the web site describes the metals in jewelry, rings, bracelets, chains, etc. Not sure the consumer ever sees it in ingot form

I think they are much too similar. I can only tell them apart when I can see both together. On my iPad, the silver is darker and more blue, which imo is more correct for silver (or maybe nickel, actually stainless steel). The platinum has gold tones in it, looking more like white gold.

I think they added the yellow to make them look more different, but they are still close enough that when I only see one I need to open the Academy where they show them all lined up to make sure which it is.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 04-01-2020 at 12:57 AM.

I recognise them by the imprint on the surface they are different on each.