Thread: Something is wrong?

Something is wrong?

Hello, I am in a small coop, we are 5 members and this week we have participated only 3 in the regatta. We are in the silver league and we have completed 14 tasks each, obtaining a total of 5641 points out of the 5670 possible to obtain .. At the moment we only have 7 chests of the 8 possible .. To obtain the 8 you have to do 6050 points, that's impossible! 135x14x3 = 5670. Something is wrong, it seems to me.
    I have been in other coop and I have won all the chests with less tasks.
    Can someone explain to me why this happens?
    Thank you!

Hi,

Nothing is wrong, this is just how the chest reward system works. The points needed to reach every chest depends on how many players are set as racing in the current regatta. You can't reach all chests with less than 4 racing players. Since you raced this week with only 3 players, you won't be able to get all chests.

You can find more details on how points are calculated here (scroll to "Points per Chest" section).
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    Hi,

Nothing is wrong, this is just how the chest reward system works. The points needed to reach every chest depends on how many players are set as racing in the current regatta. You can't reach all chests with less than 4 racing players. Since you raced this week with only 3 players, you won't be able to get all chests.

You can find more details on how points are calculated here (scroll to "Points per Chest" section).
    Thanks for the explanation. I get it, but it doesn't seem fair to me. My effort as a player is the same if I do all the 135 point tasks in a small or large coop, even greater in a small one, because I have fewer colleagues who can help me. I think that this inequality should be compensated.
    Regardless, Township is a great great game, I love it!

BTW, if you hit the ship's wheel icon on the upper right of the "race" tab you will see the number of chests is also limited by the league you're in.

20200330_024446.jpg

The Wiki doesn't mention the maximum number of chests varies by league so this may be a change since that page of the Wiki was written.
    Last edited by cdosr; 03-30-2020 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    BTW, if you hit the ship's wheel icon on the upper right of the "race" tab you will see the number of chests is also limited by the league you're in.

20200330_024446.jpg

The Wiki doesn't mention the maximum number of chests varies by league so this may be a change since that page of the Wiki was written.
    Yes, but even we did 14 task of 135, we didn’t achieved the 8 chest in silver league.

Quote Originally Posted by ROSAAM View Post
    Yes, but even we did 14 task of 135, we didn’t achieved the 8 chest in silver league.
    Yes, and dreadought explained that, it takes at least 4 racers to hit all the buoys / reward chests. However, she also mentioned the Wiki article which implies 9 chests are available to everyone. It does not mention the number of chests is limited by the league you are in so I thought I'd include that info.

This is from the Wiki

With fewer players racing you might not be able to earn a high enough score for all chests.
    See below the info for 3 players.

RegattaPoints.jpg
    Thank you, Gary
    Windows 10 PC : Darkwood (Gary) , Silver Lake (Alana) Co-op : Stronger Together