Thread: Aerial event

Aerial event

The idea of the aerial event being “max distance traveled” is very unbalanced. Considering you can play game..after game..after game, yet have no luck even getting near your record. I saved up nearly 600 fuel and didn’t once get anywhere near my record. Yet I see people passing 12 others in my group within 1 game. I think a way more balanced and better way for this event would be either overall distance traveled or overall coins collected. That is way more fair for the players that are actually putting in the effort to try and get a higher placement and spend so much time doing so. I’m in 1st place in my group, yet I still see a major problem with how this event is. It definitely needs to be different in the future.

Yes! I was thinking the same thing! I’ve noticed that one game will give you lines of the batteries of a dozen or so, giving you the opportunity to get a decent distance, then the rest of the day or several days your game only gives you a few batteries in each game. So your record & your distance isn’t in your control, you’re relying on the game to give you the batteries & the battery supply is extremely inconsistent. I’ve been trying to beat my high score for 3 days. My high score is 5500 or so, but each game I can barely manage to get 2000. I don’t think it’s fair, especially because I’ve put so much time & effort into the challenge & producing the fuel, while another person could play 5 games & get lucky with 1st place. Please change this!

I like your thinking.
    Overall distance wouldn’t make any difference, those with a long distance would still be in front.
    However, total tokens collected woukd work.

Overall distance would make a difference because it would rely on how many games you play, not getting lucky & finding your spot in first place after a lucky game. For example, someone can play 10 games & get 1st place, while another person plays 100 games & can’t beat the score yet they’ve produced more fuel & played more games.

Yes, exactly! That’s what I was saying. For me, I spent 3 days producing around 540 fuel, and then I played for around 2 hours straight just trying to simply pass my highest score. I didn’t even get close to it. That’s why overall distance would make a difference. So those putting in that much effort and time can easily pass anyone who only plays a few times and gets lucky with a higher score than the challengers. The coin idea would definitely work just as good though, if not better. That’s just two good ideas that I think would make the event itself way more fair for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SafeHaven View Post
    I’ve noticed that one game will give you lines of the batteries of a dozen or so, giving you the opportunity to get a decent distance, then the rest of the day or several days your game only gives you a few batteries in each game. So your record & your distance isn’t in your control, you’re relying on the game to give you the batteries & the battery supply is extremely inconsistent. I’ve been trying to beat my high score for 3 days.
    I have played this event before and every time my longest run has come about half way thru the event. All the additional upgrades did increase the typical distance of my later runs, but didn't make enough difference to get another flight anywhere near the length of the chance run through a lot of batteries.

I can understand if they don't want to use the token count for both the goals and the competition, as most of these events use two different measures for the two parts. It would help if they at least used something like sum of 5 longest runs rather than one single run for the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by SafeHaven View Post
    Overall distance would make a difference because it would rely on how many games you play,.
    That would be a disadvantage to those that cannot play all day. That’s why it wouldn’t work, it wouldn’t be very fair.
    FE: A player may be at home all day so could play many games, whereas another player may only have a couple of hours after work and so not able to play as many games. So relying on how many games you play isn’t a fair system.

TBH personally I think every player gets one flight that will determine their longest run. The event is obviously fixed as it has been tested.
    There is an old thread somewhere in which players stated they gathered more fuel and travelled less. So with that in mind I can’t see Playrix changing anything.

Every event is created in a way that is more beneficial to people who play more & put in more effort. For example, the Sweet Week event is the same concept such as making your supplies, just like we did the fuel, but the point system is based on how many people you serve, not how far you can throw your cake. The plane one was luck, this current event is based on how much time you put into the game. So like I said, each event is usually in favor for people who put in more time, the aerial event was the odd ball. Also, with it being a competition, it should be based off time & effort you put in.