Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Week Event: Colorblind Players

Sweet Week Event: Colorblind Players

I am color blind. Orders are visual. Can't tell what people want.

This is a very good point. There's no way to tell which blended fruit is required, as they're all the same shape...

This issue was mentioned during last cooking event and not addressed. Perhaps you will have to memorize where certain items are. Sorry I am no help as to where items are as I am on KINDLE and no update yet.

It's not only color sensitive, but also shape is/can be the issue - peaches and kiwis are both round (surprise ) and it's easy to miss what you need when taking fruit to mixer I hope it'll be automatic after some time.
    In the first restaurant event I finished within first three, this time little more strain, but still it's fun to play

Quote Originally Posted by Waffinton heights View Post
    I am color blind. Orders are visual. Can't tell what people want.
    What a shame, I’m sorry to hear that. I would have thought colour blindness is commonplace enough for us to expect it to have been considered in the game design. Hmph on your behalf.

While you can remember and sort of tell which one's which from the shape and position on the table - kiwis top, peaches middle, strawberries down, the problem would still be being able to tell what the customers are asking for. In this example:

it's difficult to tell if the order in the middle wants peach, kiwi or strawberry frosting...

It's a real shame that they didn't consider this for this event, especially since this issue was raised in the last restaurant event.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    What a shame, I’m sorry to hear that. I would have thought colour blindness is commonplace enough for us to expect it to have been considered in the game design. Hmph on your behalf.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    It's a real shame that they didn't consider this for this event, especially since this issue was raised in the last restaurant event.
    Do you remember which discussion, dread? My cursory search didn’t bring it up but I’d like to send that thread and this to admin.

Hi Firenze

A search gave me 2 links HERE

Here are some posts relating to the fishing and restaurant event: this and this.
    And one of the posts in the Restaurant Day thread: #100

I didn't go through the other restaurant-related threads, and i can't remember exactly now.

PS: Graylady, the link you posted doesn't work - leads to a "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. " message

Strange as it works for me. Maybe because we cannot link search? I wonder...