Thread: Golden League

Golden League

Our Co-op has sat in the Golden League for about 3 years. A few weeks ago we were knocked down to silver and cannot get back into golden league, now during this regatta we are currently running in the bottom 3 and its looking like we could be knocked dow to steel. How does this happen when nothing changes? We are an active co-op. I also notice the tasks board dictates this alot and are starting to wonder if position in regatta leagues is rigged. We can barely get 135 point tasks anymore and when we do its send trains or planes which take a long time. So how are other co-ops scoring so many points so fast? Are they getting easier tasks with an abundance of 135 point tasks popping up cos Co-ops we are currently competing against climb thousands of points ahead of us so much faster than we can make that many points.

Light of the World~Emily
    Some say it's a great big conspiracy, I say it's the luck of the draw. What platform are you on?

Have you had any changes in members lately?

You might want to scan through this thread. There are over 700 replies in there but you'll see this is a common question.

I can't find the response I'm looking for but I do remember 2 things that came out. First, the number of "high value tasks" that appear on the board is related to the number of people in your co-op. Small co-ops will not see more than 3 or 4 "high value tasks"

Second, while many co-ops only want to do 135 point tasks, Playrix considers anything over 131 points as "high value". So even though the board may contain some 133 point tasks, you may think it's withholding "135s" when, in fact, it is giving you a "high value task", you just don't want those non-135s.

Teams that score lots of points quickly do a couple of things, they "dump" tasks from the board, they "pay t-cash to refresh" tasks slots rather than wait 30 minutes for a new task. they "pay t-cash to speed up tasks" like having trains and planes return immediately. Unless you are willing to do that in the race you will often find your team lagging behind. It may not seem fair for teams to do that but it is within the game rules and is a fact of life in the golden league.

How many members do you have? Is everybody doing their fair share?

I'm on Windows and have usually played in "135 only" co-ops of less than six players that do a lot of dumping. Never had any problem getting at least 6 135 tasks on board after the first day.

I've visited medium size co-ops who seem to have no problem staying in Gold league, even with a few players not doing any tasks at all.

If you're not dumping because of the GLB penalty, you're probably going to have to use a lot of tcash to get a good GLB score.

Doug

PS I'm one of those players who think delayed start makes a difference in what kind of competition you end up against.
    Last edited by douglasnorth; 03-26-2020 at 09:06 AM.

And also, Coops that score "so many points so fast" often prepare for expected tasks that would take longer otherwise (like, bring olives or shrimps from the island), and might even distribute the tasks between them, if they're a really co-ordinated team.
    Using boosters (instead of or additionally to tcash) that reduce time also can speed things up.
    Plus maybe having more time to spend ingame.

"while many co-ops only want to do 135 point tasks, Playrix considers anything over 131 points as "high value". So even though the board may contain some 133 point tasks, you may think it's withholding "135s" when, in fact, it is giving you a "high value task", you just don't want those non-135s.

Teams that score lots of points quickly do a couple of things, they "dump" tasks from the board, they "pay t-cash to refresh" tasks slots rather than wait 30 minutes for a new task. they "pay t-cash to speed up tasks" like having trains and planes return immediately. Unless you are willing to do that in the race you will often find your team lagging behind. It may not seem fair for teams to do that but it is within the game rules and is a fact of life in the golden league".[/QUOTE]

Message to Playrix -- 135 is high -- 133 is an irritating dump-worthy task.

OK that said -- here is my 2 cents worth. My sister and I are in a 2-person co-op but take turns in regatta as a single player. I finished 2nd this week -- my sister would have been 2nd last week except she accidently took a 133 task she thought she dumped (by the grace of the Saint of Games -- we stayed gold). We do not ever pay to refresh to the board -- I dump all plane, train and most ship tasks. I do not start until I have at least 3 doable quick tasks. I help everyone so have sufficient clovers to play a many house of luck as can come up. I buy and save mining tools the week before regatta so I can do as many mining tasks that come up. I put on speedy manufacturing -- the only booster I always use for regatta. We usually spend no more than 100 Tcash each -- though occasionally will spend more to finish 1st or 2nd -- I will not spend to be 3rd. I am nearly always in top 3. I do not go to bed until regatta is DONE.

If you have a large co-op, consider having players volunteer to sit out if they cannot be on the game enough on Tuesdays. If players are consistently bringing you down, restrict them from playing; this is only fair to other players.