Thread: Game will not load on Amazon Fire tablet kid's profile

Game will not load on Amazon Fire tablet kid's profile

I have a new Amazon Fire tablet 7 kids edition and I'm having trouble getting Township to load on any of the kid profiles on this tablet. The progress bar on the Township splash screen fills up but it never loads the game. The splash screen animation continues to run the animations though so it isn't freezing up. It also shows the standard loading screen and not the spring themed one with the flowers.

I can get the game to load on the parent profiles and I have other Fire tablets where the game will load on the kid's profiles.

I've tried everything from clearing the cache, force closing, reinstalling the game, clearing data, resetting to factory default, and checking for updates to the game and tablet but nothing seems to work. I've even tried making a brand new kid profile but that didn't seem to work either. I've added Township in the Add content of the FreeTime profile and I've also tried enabling in-app purchases and the web browser even though these aren't enabled on the other tablets where the game loads. This is a brand new tablet with nothing else on it so no storage issues.

Any one else have issues getting the game to load on the Amazon FreeTime kids profiles?

I wonder if it is because of the in game purchase?
    Or if it's restricted by Freetime?
    Thank you, Gary
    Windows 10 PC : Darkwood (Gary) , Silver Lake (Alana) Co-op : Stronger Together

Quote Originally Posted by gggillis View Post
    I wonder if it is because of the in game purchase?
    Or if it's restricted by Freetime?
    It's possible that the profile you created has such restrictions but they are under your control and per "kid profile". Below is info from Amazon's we site:

On Kindle Fire HD, Amazon’s Parental Controls allow you to also set content restrictions by specifying which content types – such as apps and games – you’d like to be blocked and made inaccessible from your device. To enable content restrictions, you must first turn Parental Controls “On” and then select “Block and Unblock Content Types.” On the next screen you can specify which content to block from your Kindle Fire HD.
    Kindle FreeTime
    Kindle FreeTime is a free app for Kindle Fire HD that allows parents to create a customized content experience for kids. Parents can create a profile for each child and choose which books, apps, games, and videos they want to give their child access to. Parents can also set daily limits for Kindle Fire HD use, or restrict certain categories -- for example, games or videos.

While using FreeTime, children can’t access:

• Web browsing
    • E-mail, contacts, and calendars
    • Content stores or purchasing options (including in-app purchases)
    • Content libraries on the parent account
    • Wi-Fi Connectivity and online access

These features will also be blocked from apps and games that have been added to a child’s profile.

In FreeTime there is an option to allow in-app purchases and I've tried flipping this to allow but the game still won't start. The other Fire tablet that I have for my 6yo that does play Township even with a FreeTime profile does not have in-app purchases enabled and the game loads. There is also an option in FreeTime to add content that isn't in the curated library and I've used this to whitelist Township on all my kids profiles. I've also tried removing Township from the allowed list, restarting then adding it back but it still won't load.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    It's possible that the profile you created has such restrictions but they are under your control and per "kid profile". Below is info from Amazon's we site:
    In FreeTime there is an option to allow in-app purchases which I've turned on but it still will not run. There is also a way to whitelist apps and games that aren't in the curated library which I've done to add Township to all three of my kid's profiles. It is odd because Township loads on my other kids tablets that have FreeTime profiles but for some reason this new tablet won't load the game. I've checked the parental control settings but these are not enabled for any of the tablets and it appears to be more for locking down the parent profile if you don't want to create kid profiles and just want to hand the tablet to you kids and just use the parent profile. The FreeTime library adds a bunch of kids friendly content so I'd like to keep using the FreeTime profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver33 View Post
    In FreeTime there is an option to allow in-app purchases and I've tried flipping this to allow but the game still won't start. The other Fire tablet that I have for my 6yo that does play Township even with a FreeTime profile does not have in-app purchases enabled and the game loads. There is also an option in FreeTime to add content that isn't in the curated library and I've used this to whitelist Township on all my kids profiles. I've also tried removing Township from the allowed list, restarting then adding it back but it still won't load.
    I think it is time to contact Amazon/Kindle as it is their device and their app.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 214, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

While using FreeTime, children can’t access:

• Web browsing
    • E-mail, contacts, and calendars
    • Content stores or purchasing options (including in-app purchases)
    • Content libraries on the parent account
    • Wi-Fi Connectivity and online access

These features will also be blocked from apps and games that have been added to a child’s profile.
    I think this is why Township won't load.
    Thank you, Gary
    Windows 10 PC : Darkwood (Gary) , Silver Lake (Alana) Co-op : Stronger Together

Have you resolved the issue?