Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Adaptation to change

COVID-19 Adaptation to change

Hello! I would like to suggest that, in this pandemic time that we live in, take everyone off the street as a way to encourage players to stay at home to avoid contagion and thus make people aware. But as an incentive, they could also increase residents' requests and / or decrease waiting times for planes, trains, productions, among others, or free up more simultaneous events to keep our attention on the game. oh, and it’s very difficult to get items for expansion too. All together against COVID 19, BUT EACH ONE IN YOUR HOME! STAY AT HOME!

Groups of people

In my township people are still grouping together, not heeding any social distancing. Maybe the devs can change that in the next update?
    Co-op: German Raiders
    Co-op Code: #GER4Q4
    Town: Hammabourgh
    Level: 146
    Platform: iOS

Nice thinking. Some games are doing this kind of adaptions
    Zutphenia

Hi nathaly,
    Welcome to the Forum
    Nice suggestions you've made!
    Not sure what Playrix will do on their part.

What we players could do to show our loyalty to the 'Stay home" protocol is delete our streets and tiles from our Towns.

On the other hand, there are players who play this game just as a step away from real life.
    For them it is for more important to see their Townies live in a COVID free world.
    Adding more streets and tiles is a better option to stronger their dream!

If you are in for the first option:
    hit that button.jpg

delete tiles.jpg

Stay save!
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 03-23-2020 at 01:07 PM.
    More Township in real life? ​Check new group messages on a regular basis

Still convinced: change what you can't accept; accept what you can't change

Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 122/Android

I've tried it.

This afternoon I used the remove buttons in both my city and my zoo to clear the squares and roads and keep the Townies at home.

But this is not it!

Even though I have a realistically designed Town, I don't want the virus to be so visible in my game!

Everyday life is already determined by it, so please let us keep a place where we don't have to think about it.

Just relax, just enjoy 'normal' life.

My conclusion is that it is not a good idea to let the Devs design the game in a, way to give our Townies house arrest.

The option to close the Zoo ...
    I suspect there is enthusiasm for that.
    More Township in real life? ​Check new group messages on a regular basis

Still convinced: change what you can't accept; accept what you can't change

Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 122/Android

I would like to convert my tailor shop to include making masks for my hospital!

I think we need to be realistic here...
    this is a game to be enjoyed and not really to be seen as real life.
    I understand some players like their towns to be as realistic as possible,I do as well, and it’s nice that we can.
    However realistically the best ways to remove your townspeople is as Ruud suggests.
    If the devs removed all the townspeople there would undoubtably be players that would strongly object.
    We have to remember we all have our own way of playing, and sometimes our wishes won’t be fir everyone.
    That said, it’s a lovely idea in theory and I’m sure some players will follow Ruuds suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    I think we need to be realistic here...
    this is a game to be enjoyed and not really to be seen as real life.
    I understand some players like their towns to be as realistic as possible,I do as well, and it’s nice that we can.
    However realistically the best ways to remove your townspeople is as Ruud suggests.
    If the devs removed all the townspeople there would undoubtably be players that would strongly object.
    We have to remember we all have our own way of playing, and sometimes our wishes won’t be fir everyone.
    That said, it’s a lovely idea in theory and I’m sure some players will follow Ruuds suggestions.
    Totally agree, cuddz, we are on lockdown as from tonight for 3 weeks so although i wholeheartidly agree with the above suggestions, I am hoping life in my town can continue without any sign or reminder of this terrible virus that has consumed our lives for the past few weeks. Education on protocol should start in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
    Totally agree, cuddz, we are on lockdown as from tonight for 3 weeks so although i wholeheartidly agree with the above suggestions, I am hoping life in my town can continue without any sign or reminder of this terrible virus that has consumed our lives for the past few weeks. Education on protocol should start in real life.
    Amen to that!!! As a friend of mine wailed, "My whole life has been canceled!!!" I enjoy watching the little people relish their virus-free lives. In the past few weeks, I've noticed so many more of their antics than I ever did before.
    Who else never noticed the little guy flipping burgers on top of the fast food restaurant? Or the little dramatic Greek actor in front of the theater? (Tap on him, he's so melodramatically adorable!) And there's a middle aged guy who walks with a little old lady...his stride is about three times longer than it should be for the speed he's going. It makes me laugh every time I see it.
    I've joked in my co-op about all the people self-quarantining, but if that happened, I'd be very sad. I like people-watching in Township if I can't in real life.
    On PC and Mobile!

PC: Light of the World (lvl 30+)
    FC: 62MSCC
    Co-op: Stronger Together

Mobile: The City on a Hill (lvl 70+)
    Co-op: Living Waters

Please don’t bring real world problems into a virtual reality game. Let the many players around the world enjoy the time spent on a calming beautiful game enjoy the tranquility and pleasure they gain from their towns. Hats off the the development team for giving so many people a reason to embrace the moment.