Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    95847876_10158247331145359_5735738290468814848_o.jpg
    Think I'll start with that for my town.
    Will probably do something else with the animals part. Not happy with that.

almost done typing when I lost all my post
    so here is an abbreviated version.

I mostly organize my city by funtion (all food factories grouped together; all farm buildings grouped together; all the rest of the factories grouped near the mine).
    Most areas I created are because of some (or several) community building(s).
    But I want my town to look nice, too. Still clearing area to unclump the houses that I had to move for new decorative ideas, but certain areas needed some air to breathe.
    Put in a romantic area near the waterfalls for instance, that is purely decorative.

I also like to group buildings and/or decorations together that I feel fit in a certain way.
    For example:
    taxi stand next to train station
    donot shop next to police station
    car flowerbed next to motor show
    and so on.

Linked the imgur album with screenshots, too tired now to retype my entire post and link all the pics.
    Might come back and edit another time and fix it.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/6fHpGWh

edited to add:
    the new flower fence finally gave me an idea what to do with my spa. It's in its own little area now, the holiday resort.
    and I especially love my city park. it takes up quite some space with decorations, but I would not want to miss it.
    Last edited by rhino12950; 06-16-2020 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyDango View Post
    Think I'll start with that for my town.
    Will probably do something else with the animals part. Not happy with that.
    Why not?
    It's handy that way, for sure. You should have them close to where you are often, and close together is practical, too.
    I put them all together after a while, cos running all over town annoyed me, although I thought at first, it would look better.
    Anyway, just sthg to think of + I find it looks fine

Quote Originally Posted by rhino12950 View Post
    almost done typing when I lost all my post
    so here is an abbreviated version.
    aw, sorry to hear it! and a hint for the future: type your/such posts elsewhere, in an editor or notepad, where you can save it!
    and an additional hint for all posts in such a forum (esp. when not saved elsewhere): COPY your text before hitting "post" or submit or reply or whatever. Just to the clipboard, until you see it posted. That way you don't faint, when it vanishes into Nirvana.

And here, still, although abbreviated, beautiful pics of a beautiful town!
    Thanks for (re-)posting!
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-18-2020 at 10:01 AM. Reason: typo noticed the next day <g>

Thank you, too. For your tip and the compliment.
    Still in the process of reorganzizing some stuff, but the areas I posted are mostly fgoing to stay the way they are now (unless some new decorwtion is released that demands a place there).

I plan to move my food factories toward the mine and other factories near the mountains, to make an industrial area slightly removed from town.
    By now, the food factories have started encroaching on my amusement park, and I'd like to move at least 1, preferably 4. But without remodeling the entire surrounding area, they won't fit there anymore.
    So I am clearing land for their new position, and plan on a slight do-over of the amusement park. Maybe add some stored deco, like the house of horrors, the school of magic, and the pirate playground.
    Any leftover space after the amusement area is rearranged will go to expanding the rural area.

...I plan to move my food factories toward the mine and other factories near the mountains, to make an industrial area slightly removed from town.
    interesting. I have read here from ppl wanting their town to be "realistic", but haven't seen "industrial" as topic yet, I think.

By now, the food factories have started encroaching on my amusement park, and I'd like to move at least 1, preferably 4. But without remodeling the entire surrounding area, they won't fit there anymore.
    So I am clearing land for their new position,
    lol, yep - that is a reason, why some ppl say they won't start decorating, before they are farther/further in the game. I also like(d) decorating too much to wait that long.
    I did a re-arrangement of my town, though, at some point, when I noticed that my original ideas about layout didn't work out, as the game doesn't give me enough space/room (never enough, period).
    ETA: I posted about this here; there's also a pic in the next post.

In this context, and JIC (NOT saying you do that! just an advance thought) re this remark:

and plan on a slight do-over of the amusement park. Maybe add some stored deco, like the house of horrors, the school of magic, and the pirate playground.
    ...I suggest NOT to plan to leave everything out. For one, you'll get stress because of not enough room, never - and 2nd, I found it a fun pastime, having the possibility to re-decorate from time to time: As I saw in other towns, I've made an area designed for that, with variable borders, close to my town sign, so others can have fun with seeing it, too, and use whatever theme comes to mind there - RL holidays, regatta theme, new deco from events, and so on.
    At the moment, I have also put two of the statues there, as audience so to speak, at the "external border" of that little area, who seem to be wondering about what they see, and am grinning every time I am going over there

Screenshot_20200618-123834.jpg (just as example - tap to enlarge)
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-18-2020 at 10:42 AM. Reason: added pic

No worries, I have at leasr 50 decorations of various sizes stored away ar the moment, some I bought without plans to fit into town in the foreseaable future, but really liked them. The treasur keeper, for instance. I loved it, but it doesn't fit my town, so i simply look at it in storage from time to time.
    Same with the tree of light. Bought and fully upgraded, but I have no room for an asian area set aside, so it stays in storage.
    Most ice and snow related decorations are i storage, though once i revamp my zoo I might make a santa-themed area near the reindeer enclosure :-)

I'm just looking forward to playing around with the amusement park area a bit, until I am truly satisfied. Mostly like it the way it is right now, except for the few factories getting close or even into the designated area

I had started without a plan.
    Later, when space became an issue, I drew out the whole grid and planned the layout for farm buildings and factories, and thought about how to group certain community buildings together. I took some inspiration from my hometown (hospital and university close together, for instance).
    Then playrix almost ruined my layout by introducing new elements.
    One additional grid space near the warerfalls ticked me off, because it was in my farm area and I did not know what to do with it. Later, it became the perfect spot for the mushroom farm, which would have not fit into the previous plan otherwise.
    Sometimes, you simply have to wait and the solution will present itself.
    The area for my food factories was well calculated I thought, it just so happened that new factories were invented since I made that plan and threw it off.

I play for fun, so while Iike things pretty, I m not obsessing over fitting everything in right now or using every available piece of decoration.
    When something new comes up that inspires me, I like to switch things around.
    The hangig gardens for example took the space of the green house in my city park.
    The green house is now grouped with the art gallery, central museum and theatre, forming a cultural area. Put an inflatable butterfly nearby, because i like to imagine the green bouse doubles as a butterfly house.

I have to admit I like the idea of a "redocaration zone" though. Yours is cute :-)

PS: glad there was only one otter pond I had to fit in after planning my layout
    Last edited by rhino12950; 06-18-2020 at 12:06 PM. Reason: typos mostly; PS

No worries, I have at leasr 50 decorations of various sizes stored away ar the moment, some I bought without plans to fit into town in the foreseaable future, but really liked them. The treasur keeper, for instance. I loved it, but it doesn't fit my town, so i simply look at it in storage from time to time. ...
    ...When something new comes up that inspires me, I like to switch things around.
    ah good I play similarly, and also find that changing sthg from time to time keeps it fun.

... I had started without a plan.
    Later, when space became an issue, I drew out the whole grid and planned the layout for farm buildings and factories, ....
    wow, that is some engagement (commitment?) did you keep it updated?

... One additional grid space near the warerfalls ticked me off, because it was in my farm area and I did not know what to do with it. Later, it became the perfect spot for the mushroom farm, which would have not fit into the previous plan otherwise.
    aha! so (they made it fit there and) we owe YOU the mushrooms as farm!

I have to admit I like the idea of a "redocaration zone" though. Yours is cute :-)
    Thanks you'll certainly have ideas, too.

PS: glad there was only one otter pond I had to fit in after planning my layout
    lol! don't say that too loud...

I have always striven to lay out my town in hysterical order.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post
    I have always striven to lay out my town in hysterical order.
    OK, that's a clear statement... apart from "hysterical" maybe, in this context.
    So we look that up:
    "deriving from or affected by uncontrolled extreme emotion".

ah, I see. Then there are Synonyms listed for hysterical:
    "hilarious - in a state (of) - overwrought"
    That's quite some bandwidth already.
    "And 46 more synonyms."

oookay... Master of words. < bow >