Thread: New islands to travel for ships. Adding new items to bring back

New islands to travel for ships. Adding new items to bring back

These items could be new to the game. May need special items to request the ships to have before sending.

No, we don't need more islands, more commodities and more recipes to make with those commodities.

This game is already overloaded with products and recipes. Pushing the game farther and farther out of balance is about as bad an idea as asking for another factory, cb, or zoo enclosure. Each one of those additions only make this game worse. Imo, providing a day or two of interest for high level players, is not worth making the game less playable in the long run for mid and lower level players. The long term sustainability of a game turns on attracting new and retaining mid level players.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

If you don't mind my being philosophical for a moment, I think a lot of newer players who find the game to be lots of fun want more stuff. If they find this forum they come here to make their suggestions for additions, some of them well thought out and documented.

I think a lot of newer players do not yet realize the depths of things and products that will be coming, they only see the small set of things available to them at whatever level they are. So their requests seem reasonable to them because they don't know what's coming.

What they don't see, that long term players do see is:

• 18 different crops to be planted in 122 fields
    • 32 factories that can produce 184 different products
    • 8 types of animal pens (if you include mushrooms) yielding 11 different products
    • 4 islands returning 12 products
    • A mine producing 5 types of ore / clay
    • Foundries that produce 4 types of ingots
    • 12 different Tools / Construction Materials for buildings and expansions
    • Temporary Event and Seasonal Crops and Factory Items

I think it is understandable that long term players react negatively to suggestions to "add more crops, products, factories, etc.". We know what the full set of things are and the impact on game play, shelves, barn space, etc when something new is introduced (like those darn mushrooms).

So, to new players who offer suggestions, please don't take our responses too harshly, they are mostly a "knee jerk reaction" to a subject that has come up many times and the general response is usually "Please, no more!". We do appreciate your thoughts and efforts and wish you to hang around and make this community better.

That's about it.....
    Last edited by cdosr; 04-12-2020 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post

So, to new players who offer suggestions, please don't take our responses too harshly, they are mostly a "knee jerk reaction" to a subject that has come up many times and the general response is usually "Please, no more!". We do appreciate your thoughts and efforts and wish you to hang around and make this community better. ....
    Thank you for this, Charlie. I've thought a few times how it must sound to newcomers, when no good reason (as in understandable to them) is given with the "nooo", except some annoyed feeling (although I can understand that as well!).

And special thanks for the summary list of things! bookmarked, to send them all there now