Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do YOU Prioritize Upgrading?

Quote Originally Posted by Light of the World~Emily View Post
    cdosr, very comprehensive reply! Thank you. I may implement the spreadsheet idea.
    I'm willing to share / post mine but the forum won't let me upload .XLSX files. Are you on the Township Family FB page, I might be able to post it there. PM me if you'd like to discuss other options, assuming you'd want my spreadsheet at all

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I'm willing to share / post mine but the forum won't let me upload .XLSX files. Are you on the Township Family FB page, I might be able to post it there. PM me if you'd like to discuss other options, assuming you'd want my spreadsheet at all
    Here are the file types you can upload to the forum:

Maybe you can archive the .xlsx file, and upload it as a .zip?
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post

Maybe you can archive the .xlsx file, and upload it as a .zip?
    I knew you'd come through

Here's a Zip of the Upgrade Spreadsheet (Excel 2007 .xlsx file)

Upgrading Stuff.zip

Light of the World~Emily
    Hurray!!! It worked!!! Now I just have to devote half my life to replacing your numbers... Thank you so much for sharing. Now I don't have to figure out how to create it from scratch.
    So do you input manually every time you get another ingot? A bit tedious, but it's a lot easier than scrolling through the Academy of Industry. Thank you again for your ingeniousness.

That reminds me, here's what I do, because I am lazy. I wanted to show you this, Emily. I created a wallpaper for each factory with the number of ingots I need for them from lvl 15 to lvl 27, so i don't have to check after each upgrade. Here's one for the Kitchenware factory. Each row is 3 levels, so first row : 18 bronze, 34 silver, 12 gold, 2 plat - those are for lvl 15-18. Next row lvl 18-21 etc. This way I don't have to check anything, just smelt until i have all rows, then upgrade 3 levels in one go which - in my case - gives +10% coin and -5% time. Here's a picture, I actually made this for like 20 factories .

Township 30 Kitchenware Factory.jpg
    Windows : Level 112
    Android : Level 103

Quote Originally Posted by Light of the World~Emily View Post
    Hurray!!! It worked!!! Now I just have to devote half my life to replacing your numbers... Thank you so much for sharing. Now I don't have to figure out how to create it from scratch.
    So do you input manually every time you get another ingot? A bit tedious, but it's a lot easier than scrolling through the Academy of Industry. Thank you again for your ingeniousness.
    Glad you got it. Yes, entering your own numbers for the first time can be a pain. Unfortunately there's no way to cut/paste from the game's data. Oh, for factories you don't have yet, rather than delete the spreadsheet line, just enter "blanks" (that is, "clear contents") on the ingot requirements for that factory. Also set its current level to "0".

No, I don't enter data for every ingot. Instead, when I get around to upgrading, usually after I've accumulated / smelted many ingots, I then enter their quantities at the top.

After upgrading a factory I do two things. I update the data about the factory itself, level, changes to coins/xp/time, and number of ingots for its next level. The other thing is to re-enter the number of ingots I have since I used some to do the factory upgrade. If there are any "green" factories left after updating the ingot count, I repeat the upgrades. So, I do them in bulk rather than checking every ingot.

Also, sorting the data by Factory Level (primary key) and Bronze Ingot Requirement (secondary key), I can plan what gets updated next and what the ingot requirement will be and then set off to get that many ingots.

Does that explanation help?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketto View Post
    That reminds me, here's what I do, because I am lazy. I wanted to show you this, Emily. I created a wallpaper for each factory with the number of ingots I need for them from lvl 15 to lvl 27, so i don't have to check after each upgrade. Here's one for the Kitchenware factory. Each row is 3 levels, so first row : 18 bronze, 34 silver, 12 gold, 2 plat - those are for lvl 15-18. Next row lvl 18-21 etc. This way I don't have to check anything, just smelt until i have all rows, then upgrade 3 levels in one go which - in my case - gives +10% coin and -5% time. Here's a picture, I actually made this for like 20 factories .

Township 30 Kitchenware Factory.jpg
    You obviously use the Wiki or some other place to get the data on "future upgrade requirements" beyond the one you are working on (the next "n" levels). I didn't see a good way to download that information from the Wiki and did not feel like trying to enter all that myself. Plus, I wanted the data displayed in 2 dimensions (matrix) but to include future updates I would have needed 3, a cube of data. Sometimes I have trouble talking Excel into doing what I want with just 2, 3 would have driven me crazy.

Thank you for the spreadsheet. I've been struggling lately with how to decide what to upgrade. I think this might be the key to helping me out. I'll have plenty of time in the coming days to work on it!

I only use ingots to upgrade ships, factories, trains. I know you can use it on ships but I think as of now it's more worth it to use for upgrading.

My main point of upgrading is time reduction, more than coins or XP. Between the two, for now I am going for XP. However I have seen quite a number of high-level players mention that coins will come in handy (more than XP), so I might change course regarding this in future. My bakery, dairy and sugar factories are all upgraded till 50% time reduction (max), 10% coins and 70% XP. Again, my main point was to get the 50%.
    Town level 55, 47 zoo animals
    iOS

Light of the World~Emily
    These are all great suggestions, guys. I am now going to be a much more organized upgrader!!!
    I think I'll upgrade my feed mill first, then my trains, and then start on my factories, doing my islands as they come.