Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When to stop upgrading factories

Personally for me I intend to stop whenever I hit 50% time reduction. As of now I'm not fussed about the coin or XP increase, maybe in future I might ...?

I had intended to stop when I’d maxed out time and then use ingots for zoo enclosures and decos. That’s all changed now so I’m doing coins, first I’ll get them all to 50%, then maybe keep going. Just because it’s there *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Catsalive View Post
    I had intended to stop when I’d maxed out time and then use ingots for zoo enclosures and decos. That’s all changed now so I’m doing coins, ...
    lol, similar here, I wanted to use ingots finally for the boats, once I have every factory to 50 % time (except the 2 that I don't use), then I upgraded the middle product on the islands, and thought "finally!", and somehow I had produced quite a LOT of ingots the last days and yesterday upgraded also the 4th island fully, just because I had enough ingots.
    Now ... not so keen on working for coins and XP, although I find some high lvl towns fascinating. Will try whether ingots really and finally bring me a stock of more than 5 for olives and pineapples, cos all these upgrades so far weren't overwhelming.
    Hope it will keep me interested

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I wanted to use ingots finally for the boats, once I have every factory to 50 % time (except the 2 that I don't use)
    Just out of interest, what are the 2 factories you don't use? (I'm guessing one is the jewellery factory, but what's the other?)

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Just out of interest, what are the 2 factories you don't use? (I'm guessing one is the jewellery factory, but what's the other?)
    right that one (lvl 6) and the Down Feather Factory (lvl 2). I planned originally NOT to upgrade the Music Factory and the Kitchenware Factory, cos they use so much ore for their products, but found in the end the Down Feather Factory much worse, cos it uses the items from the Textile Factory, and that MUCH too much! I'm absolutely stingy esp. with cotton fabric and silk fabric (never enough, always making it).

I have all factories, and they have their 8 shelves (with 2 exceptions <g>), cos I want - and mostly have - at least one of every item on display, so I can find them fast and check for the amount I have*, even if I buy many, if not all of the products from the factories I mentioned in this post from the dealer, or market, if available.
    * esp. for those I don't make myself, I must check often (factory vs the market), cos - of course - I (would) get them from the market every time I see them there, knowing I usually don't have so many (esp. when using the dealer for ore), and so, had suddenly 30 ukuleles. Didn't have to deliver yet for such a huge orchestra

What's your "status" or behavio(u)r?

I am a happy idiot and still upgrading mine. All of them will be level 42 soon.

I don't like the way my coins get sucked down when we do the Regatta Season
    that has the coin task. To do this one quickly you buy the fancy house for $150,000
    and sell it for $75,000. Over a whole 4 week season, losing $75,000 each time adds
    up to a 1 or 2 million coin loss.

If I don't have something to upgrade I start quivering and end up in the fetal
    position sucking my thumb and rocking.

Any way, other than collecting more action figures for my town and helping others,
    it keeps me in the game, ya know?
    Last edited by Cobalt Banana; 03-26-2020 at 06:45 PM.

Light of the World~Emily
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post
    I am a happy idiot and still upgrading mine. All of them will be level 42 soon.

I don't like the way my coins get sucked down when we do the Regatta Season
    that has the coin task. To do this one quickly you buy the fancy house for $150,000
    and sell it for $75,000. Over a whole 4 week season, losing $75,000 each time adds
    up to a 1 or 2 million coin loss.

If I don't have something to upgrade I start quivering and end up in the fetal
    position sucking my thumb and rocking.

Any way, other than collecting more action figures for my town and helping others,
    it keeps me in the game, ya know?
    Oh dear!!!
    And yes, the coin tasks are a pain. I've sold houses in a pinch, too. But I find decorations easier and less long term impact.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post

What's your "status" or behavio(u)r?
    I built my first town pretty conventionally, got everything as it became available (except the jewellery factory - I only bought that when I had everything else - I wasn't going to bother but eventually gave in just because it was there and the only building I didn't have. I haven't upgraded it at all, but might go back to it when there's nothing else to do). I started by upgrading the bakery, dairy and sugar factory, not in any particular order, just when I had enough ingots for one of them. But I didn't get very far before I changed course and started on trains and the animal feed factory. When they were fully upgraded I did ships/islands, and after that went back to factories. I started with bakery, dairy and sugar, and after that textile, paper and rubber, and then the others more or less in order, and got them all to 8 shelves and 25% time (I chose coins rather than experience for the inbetween levels because I was always short of money and I don't really care about levelling up) Now I'm just working my way through to get them all to 50% time.

With my second town I played differently. I only bought the first 12 factories (up to rubber), and I upgraded the feed mill and trains first, and then islands. After that I moved on to factories. Bakery, dairy and sugar are all at 50% time, and now I'm working on textile, paper and rubber. This was ok at first - the only difficulty was that I had to keep my coins at a really low amount - something like 25,000 I think - to avoid getting plane orders for goods I couldn't produce. I had to buy lots and lots of decorations - I have about 500 in storage so mini town is great at coin tasks . But it was getting harder and harder to do, and heli tasks were impossible because they demand goods according to level rather than coins, so last month, at about level 70, I bought the next eight factories. I still have two more available, but don't have the population and can't be bothered building more CBs at the moment.

I think when all my factories are upgraded to 50% time I'll stop. I have enough coins for what I need, and as I said, I don't care about levelling up. Maybe I'll finally go back to the zoo (or maybe not ) Or perhaps I'll start a third town.....

Thanks for your answer, JJ, and sorry for the delay with saying thank you, was busy in RL

I built my first town pretty conventionally, got everything as it became available ...I started by upgrading the bakery, dairy and sugar factory, not in any particular order, just when I had enough ingots for one of them. But I didn't get very far before I changed course and started on trains and the animal feed factory. When they were fully upgraded I did ships/islands, and after that went back to factories. I started with bakery, dairy and sugar, and after that textile, paper and rubber, and then the others more or less in order, and got them all to 8 shelves ...
    I did it similarly, always TIME wherever possible, and the shelves a must, exactly. Just that I upgraded the most used ones first (bakery, dairy, sugar factory, feed mills plus ASAP rubber and textile, don't remember about paper), then trains to 50 % time, then islands to 50 %, and the middle item from the islands to 10 % (as I was told a silver ingot then would be enough to get them reliably). Then - or a bit mixed with the islands before - all used factories to 50 %, and then back to the islands, they are now done
    (and I am not content with the 10 % upgrade results, btw, all 4 islands just get "average probability" for their 3rd product, and exactly the 2 long-timers even for their 2nd item) --
    I'm not sure either, how to continue now - zoo, hm... has so incredibly silly amounts, that I just don't like working on it anymore, actually doing anything there - or maybe just go on with barn upgrades.

With my second town I played differently. ...I had to buy lots and lots of decorations - I have about 500 in storage so mini town is great at coin tasks . ...
    my first reaction here was: ah, a GOOD reason to buy DECO! lol
    and then the 2nd - you mean you SELL deco?! ar<g>h!
    (that's just always purchasable deco, yes? not extras/unique ones from sales?)
    Last edited by _DD_; 03-31-2020 at 06:35 PM. Reason: belated typo detection