Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everything is Backwards?

Light of the World~Emily

Everything is Backwards?

So...
    Township 3_26_2020 9_35_46 AM.jpg
    For those of you who know how to play the violin, you'll know that the violin in this picture is being played backwards...
    Heheh, as a classical violinist, I know that most artists have really no clue what side of your body you hold your violin on, neither do they care. And it's nitpicking. I know. BUT:
    I saw in my thread about decorating our towns that Gary (gggillis) posted a picture of his newest addition to his wonderful town: the Statue of Liberty. But it's backwards too! (I don't know how to link to that discussion, if someone more techy wants to link it, I'd be thrilled.)
    So now I'm wondering: are there other things backwards? Is my Township somehow flipped in the 4th dimension (*cue twilight zone music*)? Does anyone have an obvious rational explanation I somehow missed?
    Thank you all!

Maybe the violinist plays left handed? Left handed guitar players often do switch to that side.

The Statue of Liberty in my harbor matches the real one, with the torch in the right hand. It's either right or left depending on rotation. The devs are very lazy about rotation with decorations. Most of the time it is not rotated at all, just mirror image.

You'll need to ask Gary why he rotated his statue to be backwards. Is it a sign of distress, like flying the flag upside down?
    Last edited by Mayfield; 03-29-2020 at 08:09 PM.

Light of the World~Emily
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Maybe the violinist plays left handed? Left handed guitar players often do switch to that side.

The Statue of Liberty in my harbor matches the real one, with the torch in the right hand. It's either right or left depending on rotation. The devs are very lazy about rotation with decorations. Most of the time it is not rotated at all, just mirror image.

You'll need to ask Gary why he rotated his statue to be backwards. Is it a sign of distress, like flying the flag upside down?
    In order to play an instrument like a violin (or even guitar) left-handed, you actually have to completely rebuild the instrument. I'm left-handed, but I play the violin normally. I know a man who is missing fingers on his left hand (which is the hand that fingers the notes on a regular violin), and he plays a left-handed violin so his right hand fingers the notes. The violin had to be specially built, etc, etc, etc.
    All that to say, I don't think Playrix meant to be cutesy and give us an "abnormal" violin player...
    Ah, your explanation of the Statue of Liberty makes so much sense now!!! Yes, I'm going to go tackle Gary about his "distressed" Lady Liberty. Thank you for relieving my fears of a fourth-dimension game!!!

Yep, all violins have a chin rest on the left side and are supposed to be held by the left hand and bowed by the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post

She is protesting the cold At least that is my story and I'm sticking to it

So violins and semi automatic rifles are the same? I've always shot left handed even though that means the shells generally eject across my face or right by my right ear. I was raised a righty from the time I was about 3 or 4. But, I still do a lot of things odd because of using both hands when I was very young.
    Last edited by gggillis; 03-30-2020 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gggillis View Post
    She is protesting the cold At least that is my story and I'm sticking to it

So violins and semi automatic rifles are the same? I've always shot left handed even though that means the shells generally eject across my face or right by my right ear. I was raised a righty from the time I was about 3 or 4. But, I still do a lot of things odd because of using both hands when I was very young.
    Being a bit of a smart alec, it was always hard resisting the temptation to make Al Capone jokes when going through Airport Security with 2 violins. (Other lessons learned-play doh and electronics should not be wrapped, or packed next to each other)

Do the oddities include writing/seeing numbers 2569 and some letters like b p s d u n backwards/upside down?

I knew I saw something like this before.

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...l=1#post130295

There were originally several buildings that "flipped" incorrectly, the Music Store being one of them. Somehow that one building no longer gets the Treble Clef backwards when you flip it. Well, 2nd building as the Bank also keeps the $ correct. Other buildings the simply took off the lettering. I'm curious how they fixed just those two.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I knew I saw something like this before.

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...l=1#post130295

There were originally several buildings that "flipped" incorrectly, the Music Store being one of them. Somehow that one building no longer gets the Treble Clef backwards when you flip it liteblue. Well, 2nd building as the Bank also keeps the $ correct. Other buildings the simply took off the lettering. I'm curious how they fixed just those two.
    yes, right things found.
    Last edited by Debusk859; 04-04-2020 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Being a bit of a smart alec, it was always hard resisting the temptation to make Al Capone jokes when going through Airport Security with 2 violins. (Other lessons learned-play doh and electronics should not be wrapped, or packed next to each other)

Do the oddities include writing/seeing numbers 2569 and some letters like b p s d u n backwards/upside down?
    ? huh I never really thought about numbers/letters. If I do I don't notice them and I haven't had anyone say any thing about my writing. Except a certain person has compared it to a drunken spider crawling on a mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by gggillis View Post
    ? huh I never really thought about numbers/letters. If I do I don't notice them and I haven't had anyone say any thing about my writing. Except a certain person has compared it to a drunken spider crawling on a mirror.
    Yep. Drunken spider on roller skates like Ron's Boggart (Harry Potter). Mild dyspraxia and ambidexterity seem to go together hand-in-hand (bad pun intended)