Thread: Impossible Ideas become possible (possibly)

Impossible Ideas become possible (possibly)

In the list of ideas which cannot be implemented now or ever, is "request building materials in co-op chat." However, Professor Verne's Experiments have proved that IS possible. So why is it still on the list? I say implement it! And while you're at it, take off the 'only once in 24 hours' restriction.

Because it’s a perk in the event I can’t see them implementing it into the main game. That would take the perk away.
    The thing with building materials being too available is that players would level up too quickly.
    This throws everything out, because as soon as you get to a certain level, products will be requested by the planes, trains and helis that are not available to the player, due to not having the required factory.
    So, you have to build your CBS and houses to level up. Then build the required factory. Which sounds fine, however eventually it would all catch up and there wouldn’t be enough materials and tools available.
    As it stands we can level up at a steady pace, which is the idea of the game, and not to do it all too quickly.

Also, the current imbalance of barntools/ building materials delivered by the trains/plane/HoL incentivises us to buy the missing few with TC, and therefore the purchase of TC. If we could donate our surplus nails to teammates and ask for missing paint, am sure revenue stream would decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla the Hun View Post
    ...However, Professor Verne's Experiments have proved that IS possible. So why is it still on the list? ....
    There are other things on the list that are technically possible already. But Playrix has given two reasons for not implementing things: "Sometimes it is because of the game balance that would be negatively affected, and sometimes due to technical requirements or resources involved."

Cuddz' answer, and possibly also Jay's (but that one is in any case in Playrix' interest, lol, yep) shows well that this one is about the game balance reason. That one gives the reason for pretty much anything we players would see as "nice" to have and/or to play and advance "faster".

Silly me. I always assume that the dev's and owners are really nice people who genuinely want the players to have the best time ever. In my rosy little world they are deeply regretful of those things which we ask for but which they are not technically able to provide. They live in pleasant but modest housing, and spend their time dreaming of new ways to enchant and thrill their loyal players. Are you suggesting that the world really DOESN'T work like this??😳

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    The thing with building materials being too available is that players would level up too quickly.
    This throws everything out, because as soon as you get to a certain level, products will be requested by the planes, trains and helis that are not available to the player, due to not having the required factory.
    So, you have to build your CBS and houses to level up. Then build the required factory. Which sounds fine, however eventually it would all catch up and there wouldn’t be enough materials and tools available.
    I agree that we aren't likely to see them let us do this permanently, but I don't agree that this has much to do with leveling up. The ability to get 2 paint from other coop members only works as well as it does during this event because players can help for 1 tcash without actually surrendering any paint of their own. Without that, the number of transactions would be a lot less.

I don't think that the rate of barn upgrades has much impact on leveling up anyway. The accumulation of XP comes mostly from producing and selling, filling orders for trains, planes and helicopters, not from barn upgrades. Yes a little extra space would let us play a little more efficiently, but I doubt it would alter play enough to throw things out of balance.

Similarly, buying a land expansion today because I was able to get 2 axes instead of waiting another couple days for them to arrive by train is not going to help me earn XP any faster.

And I don't follow the thinking regarding Community Buildings either. Community Buildings are the result of leveling up, not the cause of it.

I think they won't give us this feature, but it doesn't have anything to do with upsetting the balance of game progress or to too much XP. I think they mostly just don't want to undermine the current set up that leads to people spending tcash to buy missing items.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 04-04-2020 at 03:59 AM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad