Thread: Option to opt-out of a side event

Option to opt-out of a side event

Can an option be added so one can opt-out of a side-event? And when opted out not seeing event items anywhere?

I wasn't participating in the plane event, so I had to stop collecting blue balloons (the thank you rewards) until the event was over so they would't give me fuel. Same thing with other side-events where the marketplace sells event-items that are useless when you're not participating in the event.

Quote Originally Posted by MerlinDrazziw View Post
    ... And when opted out not seeing event items anywhere?
    That is probably exactly the problem for the programming: too many changes for that. The game is set up to have these "connections", and taking these out AND replacing them by sthg else (even just back to normal) might be quite some extra work.

One comfort might be that everything you have in your inventory (like fuel, be it accidentally collected or intentionally) will be bought back at the end of the event, so you get a little something then.

That argument doesn't fly, though, when talking about events like the current transport magnate, or the extra mining, and these sorts of events.

I would like to be able to opt out if the current event and not get all the extra XP.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    That argument doesn't fly, though, when talking about events like the current transport magnate, or the extra mining, and these sorts of events.

I would like to be able to opt out if the current event and not get all the extra XP.
    I agree it wouldn’t fly with these kind of events, however you don’t have to play them to win etc, just play your game as usual and if you get perks take them. You don’t have to do anything extra.

With other events I don’t think it woukd be feasible, as DD said there would be too much work in the programming.
    I’m sure Playrix will have thought about it at some point, and decided against it.

Fir me personally, if ido t want to take part in an event I just ignore it, and anything that comes in a balloon is bought back..so a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    That is probably exactly the problem for the programming: too many changes for that. The game is set up to have these "connections", and taking these out AND replacing them by sthg else (even just back to normal) might be quite some extra work.

One comfort might be that everything you have in your inventory (like fuel, be it accidentally collected or intentionally) will be bought back at the end of the event, so you get a little something then.
    Should not be a problem for programming, unless they've done a bad job of it. If an event can be triggered by a date and time it also be possible to switch it of. And buying back of items at end is too late (and certainly not a bonus!) if you could use the regular rewards and not wait days for them. Also the marketplace could sell something usefull and not waste space to event items.

I sometimes do play the sideevents, but only if I have the time for it. If not I don't want to be bothered by it and simply "turn it off".

Should not be a problem for programming, unless they've done a bad job of it. If an event can be triggered by a date and time it also be possible to switch it of. And buying back of items at end is too late (and certainly not a bonus!) ....
    lol, well, differing opinions then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    but as you don't have to convince me either anyway, another hint: you could try to reach Playrix by an ingame Feedback report.

another hint: you could try to reach Playrix by an ingame Feedback report.
    The ingame feedback sends me here, so that's not a very usefull hint.

The ingame feedback sends me here, so that's not a very usefull hint.
    good grief, but you are the polite and friendly person, huh?
    I don't know what you did, to be sent to the forum, but there certainly is the possibility to reach Playrix from your device+game, too. I doubt you have a special version of the game that lets you play only with yourself.

hm, OTOH... lol. maybe there was a reason.
    Good luck.

good grief, but you are the polite and friendly person, huh?
    Could say the same of you, I've not been unpolite or unfriendly so don't insult me. Just posting a valid wish and you're contradicting Playrix that I should not post it here.

I don't know what you did, to be sent to the forum, but there certainly is the possibility to reach Playrix from your device+game, too. I doubt you have a special version of the game that lets you play only with yourself.
    I have no special version, the FAQ entry for feedback contains a link to this thread. Contacting Playrix by saying the FAQ entry "was not helpful" is not unknown for me, I've used it before .. but that's not for feedback, it's for reporting a problem.

Back on topic: before current event the blue balloons would give me T-cash or coins, now during the event they give something that's not even stored in the barn to sell. So I have to wait again for the end of the event before I can get something usefull from the 11 or more floating blue balloons.