Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: House of (Bad) Luck

Probably My Imagination, But . . .

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    oh - that might indeed have been it. I've often thought the game is looking over my shoulder (hm... not sure how to explain that picture...*G*) and brings me things that I need*, be it in market or anywhere

* and it's not telepathy or mind-reading or something, but cos I had just built something (and no products there yet!), as you say, or planted/harvested/made lots of sthg.

I have no statistical evidence but I always choose the absolute center chest and remarkably often I get exactly what I needed, whether for my plane, train, helicopter, or zoo. I was wondering if there was a different way that one was filled compared to the others. I’m just thrilled it works, not to mention it simplifies my choices so I don’t waste time dithering.
    Last edited by Anndiville; 03-26-2020 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Didn’t know how to do it right

Quote Originally Posted by Anndiville View Post
    .... I was wondering if there was a different way that one was filled compared to the others....
    LOL, that's a good explanation, too, so it fits our choice I'd have thought it similarly as Emily said on page 1, that it is better for our nerves to use the same one, cos we humans are always so willing to see a pattern, and that's all.
    And I hadn't thought about it more (just that the middle one is dangerous, btw, cos the programmers might expect that! (esp. in events) ), but now find Mayfield's idea in post #4 quite interesting - that might be a compromise between magic and conspiracy.

It's interesting to read about patterns and "perceived" patterns and I certainly don't know which theory is correct. But a few months ago my main objective when playing the HoL was coins, not T-cash, and I (think) I found that if I chose the chest which previously offered the smaller amount of T-cash (not sure if it's the same for everyone but I usually get one chest which contains 8-12 T-cash, and a second which has 2-4), then more often than not I would get coins. No idea whether that's fact or just my perception/imagination....

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    It's interesting to read about patterns and "perceived" patterns and I certainly don't know which theory is correct. But a few months ago my main objective when playing the HoL was coins, not T-cash, and I (think) I found that if I chose the chest which previously offered the smaller amount of T-cash (not sure if it's the same for everyone but I usually get one chest which contains 8-12 T-cash, and a second which has 2-4), then more often than not I would get coins. No idea whether that's fact or just my perception/imagination....
    Hmm, I'll try it. I always need coins!
    On PC and Mobile!

PC: Light of the World (lvl 30+)
    FC: 62MSCC
    Co-op: Stronger Together

Mobile: The City on a Hill (lvl 70+)
    Co-op: Living Waters

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    ... was coins, not T-cash, and I (think) I found that if I chose the chest which previously offered the smaller amount of T-cash (not sure if it's the same for everyone but I usually get one chest which contains 8-12 T-cash, and a second which has 2-4), then more often than not I would get coins. ...
    lol, that's something I watched for a pattern, too - yes, also have often the Tcash-pair, and tried whether the box on the other side - across (gegenüber)? - would bring sthg the next round. That sometimes "works", too (yeah, sure), and even for other "pairs" of things (what I defined as pair/belonging together/being similar)
    (now just waiting for Charlie to explain to us "random" again, OR a Playrix Dev no longer being able to hold back and explain their method to us!)
    Will have to try your method/observation...

I help everyone. My house of luck complaint is that I find what I get from a HOL chest is usually less than what I spent to get a single clover. How about some better rewards Playrix! It does not cost you anything and it would be 1 less thing for me to complain about -- LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighbor Jane View Post
    I help everyone. My house of luck complaint is that I find what I get from a HOL chest is usually less than what I spent to get a single clover. How about some better rewards Playrix! It does not cost you anything and it would be 1 less thing for me to complain about -- LOL.
    Actually, I have found that usually the prizes are worth way more than the t-cash value to play once (5 t-cash). With the obvious exception of t-cash values lower than 5, building supplies, expansion tools, and factory goods are typically more expensive elsewhere.
    But then we have the question of how YOU value t-cash. I personally hoard it, and only spend t-cash on the HOL when I'm in tight straits for a regatta task. To me, 5 t-cash is more valuable than a hammer. I will always wait for the clovers to come in.
    I think that whatever the HOL gives me is the icing on the cake of all the helping I've done.
    On PC and Mobile!

PC: Light of the World (lvl 30+)
    FC: 62MSCC
    Co-op: Stronger Together

Mobile: The City on a Hill (lvl 70+)
    Co-op: Living Waters