Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping Other Players and the Players THEY Help

Just one more thing I might add... since my playing style changed to helping anyone and everyone I possibly can for plays at the HOL, I've been able to acquire barn tools faster than ever before. This is my main incentive. I upgrade every 2 weeks now instead of every month. I dream of having one of those luxury barns with like 5,000 spaces

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_minute View Post
    Just one more thing I might add... since my playing style changed to helping anyone and everyone I possibly can for plays at the HOL, I've been able to acquire barn tools faster than ever before. This is my main incentive. I upgrade every 2 weeks now instead of every month. I dream of having one of those luxury barns with like 5,000 spaces
    Can I ask how big is your barn at the moment? Upgrading every 2 weeks without t-cash is quite fast even below 2010. Even if I send out 21 trains each day and 3-4 planes, 2 weeks is still not enough for me. That's with 1810 capacity. And don't get me wrong, I do help anyone I can .

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_minute View Post
    That used to be my mindset as well. But there are people who really need the help and still manage to help others. I don't have a particular number in mind or anything... I just don't think it's cool to be constantly expecting others to do the work for them and their factories are never running, never producing even the basics, like loaves of bread. If you can't even be bothered to bake a few loaves of bread, I mean, seriously? They take no money and very little time. Unless your queue is jammed with other product.

One of my favorite things to help supply other players with is enormous quantities of produce like corn, carrots, cotton. I have often cleared my fields of everything else just to make space for growing, then sold what I had to make room in the barn for these enormous orders. If their fields are tied up with crops that take several hours to mature they might have otherwise missed a plane deadline or kept trains holding while waiting it out.

I like getting clovers the same as anyone else... But I only play at the HOL when I have accumulated 50 of them and even then, I only play once until I get five more, because I never know when an event is going to require burning through them all at once. I like being ready for that.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Could I just put the other side of the coin here I think the game changes the longer you play. When I first started playing I felt exactly the same way. I would always check how many helps a player had in their town hall, and I would certainly never friend them if that number was low. But, as I've progressed, that's changed. Things that have influenced me have included adding lots of Facebook friends, and whether I've been racing solo or in a good co-op. I have two towns, one which races in a large and very helpful co-op, and the other which races solo but has a lot of helpful friends. Whilst I obviously value friends who help a lot, I've come to equally value others who maybe don't help so much or maybe at all, but request a lot. Especially for my solo town they are indispensable for getting clovers, and especially for regatta crate tasks.
    I'm no longer in a co-op. Several have asked, and two former co-ops have asked me to come back, but I can't always be available for the regatta's and I refuse to make the team suffer because of my weird real-life schedule. I'm better off on my own for that reason.

Personally though, I still think it's wrong to be continually asking for other people to give you 9 bananas or limes and your ships are just sitting empty at the docks, or asking for large amounts of ANY goods that require a lot of time to acquire while your factories are never running. And I'm not going to pretend that I have never helped them, because I definitely have. I'm just very discerning with regard to that.

This is what I love about Township. There are different types of players, and it doesn't take long to tailor your friends list with neighbours who compliment how you play. For instance I am always happy to help fill large zoo orders, where some players dislike them. So these neighbours suit me and I suit them. I don't ask for as much help as some would like, but am a great addition to players who request a lot and don't tend to help a lot.

There is no right or wrong, we all just have to find the right friends for us

Light of the World~Emily
    I play with (nearly) zero real money. But I also help as much as possible. I've spent time culling my friends list of "leeches" (both on mobile and PC) and I do my best to help. On mobile, I use the helping hands perk. For me, the 1 t-cash is worth whatever I'll get in HOL. But I agree with Cyphre--if you don't help me, I won't help you. Unless I'm desparate for clovers.

So my wife put it the best I have heard so far....
    "I want people that ask for help in my friends list and active helpers in my co-op."
    That about sums it up
    Last edited by gggillis; 03-21-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gggillis View Post
    "I want people that ask for help in my friends list and active helpers in my co-op."
    That about sums it up
    Lol a good sentiment,your wife sounds very wise

Quote Originally Posted by gggillis View Post
    That about sums it up
    Yeah, but I still think "friends" should help when they are able. So I stand by my original post.

Light of the World~Emily
    -at- Cyphre
    Haha, true, but I still need toilet paper ad vitamin C!
    True friends give and take on the same level as you. They help you out as much as you help them.
    "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up" (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10).
    Someone said it this way: there are three levels of friends. Some you pour into, some you give and take, and some pour into you. It's good to have all three in life, and in Township.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 03-21-2020 at 09:59 PM. Reason: removed -at- symbol