Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Helping Other Players and the Players THEY Help

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphre View Post
    Personally though, I still think it's wrong to be continually asking for other people to give you 9 bananas or limes and your ships are just sitting empty at the docks, or asking for large amounts of ANY goods that require a lot of time to acquire while your factories are never running. And I'm not going to pretend that I have never helped them, because I definitely have. I'm just very discerning with regard to that.
    Totally agree on this. I do ask for help regularly as I've already stated. But I am particular about what I ask for (I purposely pick easier things) and I don't like to ask for things that require large amounts of time. I won't say I never do it as that would be a lie (for some reason the train asks me for crazy amounts of cheescake; no matter how many I have it wants 2 more). But I don't ask for big orders, or if I do, they're the most reasonable request on the row. And I've also queued them up, so I'll fill them eventually if no one else does.

Frankly, I can't be bothered hunting down and analyzing anybody's help statistics. There are times where the crate would be filled by someone else by the time I finished checking.

Most of the help requests I get are from people on my friend list and/ or my coop and I help any I can. For coop and long time friends, I will sometimes use a fill coupon or, currently, 1 tcash if I don't have enough stuff. For others, I still help when it doesn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    Totally agree on this. I do ask for help regularly as I've already stated. But I am particular about what I ask for (I purposely pick easier things) and I don't like to ask for things that require large amounts of time. I won't say I never do it as that would be a lie (for some reason the train asks me for crazy amounts of cheescake; no matter how many I have it wants 2 more). But I don't ask for big orders, or if I do, they're the most reasonable request on the row. And I've also queued them up, so I'll fill them eventually if no one else does.
    The thing is though, what are crazy orders for us when we are lower level can be relatively easy to fill for higher level players. So why not ask for help with them?
    Last edited by Downton; 04-23-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    The thing is though, what are crazy orders for us when we are lower level can be relatively easy to fill for higher level players. So why not ask for help with them?
    In my experience, cos we only learn that when we know a higher lvl player and can talk to them, f.e. in a Coop. I learned this way that some of my Coop partners were rofl-ing, when I asked whether I could ask for anything what I considered HIGH (anything between 5 and 20), and they said "I have 54" - or more
    Now I dare and flag higher amounts if needed, too (and have some amazing helpers <waving> ), and usually try a mix, esp. as my trains ask for higher amounts as I am getting higher in lvls, too.

I see your point...but you are the only high level player on my friends list. So then, it doesn't really work that way on my game since people outside of yourself won't fill those orders (there was one other player but he either quit playing, or quit filling my orders; maybe the former). While you were gone, I noticed it a lot because I filled the majority of my requests myself. Only the really easy ones got filled by others. I guess I'm not too upset as those players also requested easy helps, so I was able to fill their requests to complete my tasks. But casual players play differently and I don't have the time to commit to this game so I do the best I can with what I have. Like yesterday, I helped several people (like 20, which is a lot for me as there were very few requests for helps so I did every one that came up), but didn't get the thank you notes before the day ended so I wasn't able to complete yesterday's daily task for the hol. Casual players play differently. (I have made a note though and will be removing a couple neighbors. I, at least, need neighbors who play daily, rather than request things for the zoo and then don't come back for days)

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    In my experience, cos we only learn that when we know a higher lvl player and can talk to them, f.e. in a Coop. I learned this way that some of my Coop partners were rofl-ing, when I asked whether I could ask for anything what I considered HIGH (anything between 5 and 20), and they said "I have 54" - or more
    Now I dare and flag higher amounts if needed, too (and have some amazing helpers <waving> ), and usually try a mix, esp. as my trains ask for higher amounts as I am getting higher in lvls, too.
    Ah good point DD Never thought of that Hopefully some players will learn this by reading our comments here.

Lol, I can totally understand asking in co-op before flagging such crates earlier on in the game. I can also imagine the shock at hearing the large volumes of stock your teammates had

I see your point...but you are the only high level player on my friends list. So then, it doesn't really work that way on my game since people outside of yourself won't fill those orders (there was one other player but he either quit playing, or quit filling my orders; maybe the former). While you were gone, I noticed it a lot because I filled the majority of my requests myself. Only the really easy ones got filled by others. I guess I'm not too upset as those players also requested easy helps, so I was able to fill their requests to complete my tasks. But casual players play differently and I don't have the time to commit to this game so I do the best I can with what I have. Like yesterday, I helped several people (like 20, which is a lot for me as there were very few requests for helps so I did every one that came up), but didn't get the thank you notes before the day ended so I wasn't able to complete yesterday's daily task for the hol. Casual players play differently. (I have made a note though and will be removing a couple neighbors. I, at least, need neighbors who play daily, rather than request things for the zoo and then don't come back for days)
    Oh I see Zealous. You may get helps from randoms occasionally and in this case you could consider inviting them onto your friend list. This would give you possibly a better balance with your friends?

Good idea removing some players now and then. This will help you build a nice friends list that works for you

I will be keeping a sharp eye on my friend list over the coming days, just to make sure I don't get the chop
    Last edited by Downton; 04-23-2020 at 02:52 PM.

No problem Cyphre, I'm happy to agree to disagree

And thank you for sharing your opinions and experiences regarding this subject too.

I do actually agree with you regarding Co-op teammates taking and not giving though. I guess it's been a long time since I was in that situation, but I would certainly expect more from them than friends and randoms.

When you are naturally a people pleaser it isn't easy to change. It's a shame some will always take advantage of anothers caring nature. So I do understand (and maybe even agree a little) your perspective now on selfish behaviour.

It looks like we have ended up agreeing more than it seemed
    Downton...I would agree! Lol...I appreciate the kind responses.

Those are my thoughts exactly, Zealous...I guess it's all just a part of being considerate of the fact that the game can be pretty unrelenting with regard to the acquisition and depletion of some of the less easily accessible goods. I have always thought that many of the production times are far too long and using ingots to reduce the time or to increase the chance of getting rarer produce from the islands spreads the whole mining for ore, creation of ingots system to the very limits of sheer aggravation. I often feel that the few don't realize the time crunch for players who also work full-time in real life.
    Thanks for your comments and input.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphre View Post
    Those are my thoughts exactly, Zealous...I guess it's all just a part of being considerate of the fact that the game can be pretty unrelenting with regard to the acquisition and depletion of some of the less easily accessible goods. I have always thought that many of the production times are far too long and using ingots to reduce the time or to increase the chance of getting rarer produce from the islands spreads the whole mining for ore, creation of ingots system to the very limits of sheer aggravation. I often feel that the few don't realize the time crunch for players who also work full-time in real life.
    Thanks for your comments and input.
    That SHOULD read "I often feel that the developers don't realize the time crunch for players who also work full-time in real life."

I’m a bit disappointed that the tone of this thread is, essentially, one of prejudging and - frankly - discrimination. We have the entire world buckling at this moment to an invisible threat, and there are FIVE pages here of people complaining about the intricacies of asking for, and providing, help in a game. A game. Think about that on whatever level you individually wish to, if at all. Very concerning knowing that, in sifting quickly through pages 2-5 of this thread, with this level of criticism and judgement, well... it is easy to see why the world is where we are in terms of “getting along.” (shrugs)

Personally, I am grateful for every help request that comes my way. I help because I enjoy helping. There are no preconditions for me to assist another player. Period. The products in our barn are not treasures, after all, they all have a purpose to be used. If I am able to genuinely help someone fill a complicated crate because they are a lower level and can’t help as frequently, great. If I am able to help knowing some might be just lazy and wiped out after a hard day at work or whatever, great. I. Don’t. Care.

Helping is a major part of obtaining things to help our games progress. All of our games. Not just askers. Not just helpers. All. Of. Us. Together. The more people ask me for help, the better. Likewise, without people asking, there would be no helps. It goes both ways.

I want to encourage players to keep asking for help. Regardless of your circumstances. Don’t get down on your game or your game playing schedule/frequency/devotion, etc. There are thousands of players out there who will give you what you need, without judging, without requiring an interview.

We are only as strong as our weakest link. Why not try to build everyone up to make the game better for everyone?

✌️